Anybody Use Google+ Photos?

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Anybody use Google+ Photos? Why did you start using it? What do you like about it? What don't you like about it?

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I use it - I love it. It's plain and simple and the cool auto awesome feature is amazing. I started using it mostly on my nexus 5 - then added a lot of my old phones photos to it. I now have nearly 10,000 photos on it - dating back to my Iphone 4 when I started saving them on a pc. I like the fact I have at least 4 years worth of photos to look back on. It also helps to see that my photos I take have improved over the years :) prob because my phones have improved though.

I use Google Drive a lot so I have plenty of storage size also :)

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Use it all the time. I don't do full resolution due to Drive space but considering paying for increased Drive size so I can do so

Sent using my Verizon Turbo charged 64GB Ballistic Nylon phone unfortunately with a case on back

Last edited:

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I use it - I love it. It's plain and simple and the cool auto awesome feature is amazing. I started using it mostly on my nexus 5 - then added a lot of my old phones photos to it. I now have nearly 10,000 photos on it - dating back to my Iphone 4 when I started saving them on a pc. I like the fact I have at least 4 years worth of photos to look back on. It also helps to see that my photos I take have improved over the years :) prob because my phones have improved though.

I use Google Drive a lot so I have plenty of storage size also :)

Yes, I saw that Auto Awesome was mentioned in a review of the Droid Turbo so I looked it up. That's what prompted my question in this thread. Auto Awesome looks like a cool feature.

Are you saying that Google+ Photo gives you cloud storage that is separate from Google Drive storage?

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
All the time. Easy to edit and auto upload

I see that Google+ Photos will give you unlimited storage of photos so long as they are below 2048X2048 pixels. I presume the Droid Turbo's 21 MB camera produces images larger than that. So can the photo editor in Google+ Photos resize photos, get them below the pixel limit, before you upload them?

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I saw that Auto Awesome was mentioned in a review of the Droid Turbo so I looked it up. That's what prompted my question in this thread. Auto Awesome looks like a cool feature.

Are you saying that Google+ Photo gives you cloud storage that is separate from Google Drive storage?

Yeah it's kinda cool when Google pulls your images together and makes them better - whether it's adding a frame, creating a gif, choosing the best smile etc they have a tone of features - not to mention Google Stories - if you take a few pics within a day Google will create a kinda story / book for you to view.

No sorry, Google Photo's and Google Drive come under the same storage - the storage is shared amongst Google Photos / Drive and Gmail

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I see that Google+ Photos will give you unlimited storage of photos so long as they are below 2048X2048 pixels. I presume the Droid Turbo's 21 MB camera produces images larger than that. So can the photo editor in Google+ Photos resize photos, get them below the pixel limit, before you upload them?

It will automatically store them with the max dimension at 2048 if you don't select 'full size'.

However at $1.99/m for 100gb of storage it's pretty cheap to store them at full size.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm new to G+ photos. How much storage do we get for free? Is it shared with Drive?

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo
It will say in the google+ app settings how much space you have available. I think it's 15gb or so for free.
5a2029b2742ce0ba4c6fa2a3f72165fc.jpg

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I did use it, but Onedrive gives 1 TB or something like that. And if you are an Amazon Prime member you get unlimited photo storage.

Posted via the Android Central App

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I did use it, but Onedrive gives 1 TB or something like that. And if you are an Amazon Prime member you get unlimited photo storage.

Posted via the Android Central App

Yeah, I'm on Amazon Prime and I saw that they added the photo storage feature last week (?). But I kind of wanted to play around with Auto Awesome.

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
Auto Awesome had been pretty slick.

My strategy has been to use Google+ to back up my phone camera. Then for my actual cameras, I've been working on backing up to Flickr (which gives you 1TB free.) Now with the 1 TB per user we're getting for OneDrive, I'm thinking of using that instead.

Even if start using OneDrive for my phone camera, I'd still use Google + in addition and just set it to the reduced resolution.

Sent from my Moto X

Highland Droid

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Through various Chromebook or Android device promotions, I'm up to 175 GB of Drive storage in my account, so I've been backing up at full resolution with no reservations.

Now at almost 30K photos...

30k.PNG

...and only used 25GB of my Drive space on G+Photos.

data.png

I'm a sucker for Auto Awesomes, and this phone takes the best I've seen so far. Lollipop with Camera2 API is supposedly able to take 30 fps bursts at full resolution, so we'll see what they say about that in the reviews tomorrow.

My Auto Awesome Gallery- all taken with DROID Turbo.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo