Restart Issue "Android is upgrading..." Everytime

Erick Garnica

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
It's because of art mode. I have been running it for a month already and rarely restart my phone. Art mode has greatly increased my battery life and smoothness /speed.

Posted via the Android Central App

t11rmh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
My Note4 started doing this yesterday. Clearing the cache partition makes no difference at all.

Posted via a kicking Note4 on Lollipop.

Jessica Haley

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
My note 4 is now doing this as well. I don't know how to fix it. it runs the optimizations and I have seen it go up to 165 out of a total of 250 and always freezes and screen goes black.

tvouge

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
This never happens to mine. Isnt ART the default after Lollipop?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Yes, ART is now default.

For the people experiencing this, the first time you reboot after a cache wipe you SHOULD see this message, because Android is (in my own words) organizing and optimizing the system with the apps you have installed (someone will probably correct me with the proper vernacular).

After the initial optimization post cache wipe, reboot the phone again. If this continues to happen and it bothers you, a factory reset ought to fix the problem.

celts005

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
i did factory reset / wipe cache.. but im stuck again.."android is upgrading..optimizing 1..."
i dont know how to use .. adb sideload?

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Yes, ART is now default.

For the people experiencing this, the first time you reboot after a cache wipe you SHOULD see this message, because Android is (in my own words) organizing and optimizing the system with the apps you have installed (someone will probably correct me with the proper vernacular).

After the initial optimization post cache wipe, reboot the phone again. If this continues to happen and it bothers you, a factory reset ought to fix the problem.

I have never had my apps optimize after just a cache wipe and I do it once a week. The only time my apps have ever gone through the optimizing is when there is an OTA update such as the two we have had recently.

Bianca Thompson

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
I have the same issue with my z3 compact but it's that bad that if wont tern on at all anymore it use too load the the optermizing app # of# now it's just black won't vibrate won't do nothing won't load to the computer no red light nothing it's just a $500 paper weight now ! And only 1 year old !! Please help I don't even know who to call to get help

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
My 2013 Moto X with the new Lollipop update from Verizon is also doing this, but not every time. I can't seem to identify why it does it sometimes and not others. It has done it on both manual restarts and on a spontaneous restart (for which this phone is infamous).

JemfunkOne

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: Restart Issue "Updating Android" Everytime

Hi, i've switched to Run ART. How long does it take my tablet to reboot once i've pressed OK? (as it's taking ages to come back on). Thank you

bigbadwulff

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
My MotoX did the same thing after the 5.1 update. Don't know of a fix for it. That and another problem pushed me to a Turbo. It had 5.1 when I got it.

Dan Lo-Fat

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Re: Restart Issue "Updating Android" Everytime

Too bad no switching option once in Lollipop, though, still happens now on the Turbo 2! BUT, at least it is quick (5 minutes tops, still beats the old Droid 4 10 minutes normal boot times!)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis