what messaging app do you use?

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I just started using the new Google Messaging app and like it, but have not had a scenario where I've attempted to respond via moto 360, so the Jury's out on that. Keeping Hangouts installed until that test. Not a real hangouts fan, but at least it gives me that, and I didn't care for textra, although I know how popular that among many of you. If moto 360 does not integrate with Google messenger, I'm hoping that will change with Android Wear 2.0 (I'm hoping that we receive a lot of "L" interaction/integration with that Wear release).

Last edited:

LaskoFan

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
I have question regarding the Verizon Message + service. I believe you are able to reply/sync via the a computer and actually reply using it. When doing so, are you charged for a text when using the computer? Meaning does it count towards your text allotment if you in fact do not have unlimited texts in your plan. :eek:

BlueBlazer60

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
I have question regarding the Verizon Message + service. I believe you are able to reply/sync via the a computer and actually reply using it. When doing so, are you charged for a text when using the computer? Meaning does it count towards your text allotment if you in fact do not have unlimited texts in your plan. :eek:

From Verizon Terms and Conditions

use of the Service will be billed according to your messaging and data plans. The same rate will be charged per message per recipient regardless of whether you send your message from your mobile phone, tablet, PC, laptop, or other device.

Codger1212

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Chomp. I'm surprised not one person in this thread is using it. Used to use Handcent. Apparently Chomp and Textra are made by the same people, but Chomp is a little more full featured.
I love chomp and was using it for a few years. It recently became unstable for me and switched to textra. Miss chomp though.

Cajun_Mike

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site
I'm not a customizing kind of guy for the most part. I used Apex launcher on my galaxy but dont feel like i need it on the Turbo.

When i picked up my phone last week and it powered up i started receiving text messages from friends as soon as the Verizon person handed it to me. Those text messages arrived via the Verizon text messaging system. Just went with it and i like it a lot. Like many of you in this thread, pleasantly surprised.

Robisan

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site

It's Verizon - you should instinctively know the answer...

Symthic

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I use Textra for now. I'm new to Android, and I found the two preinstalled apps (Message, Message+) to look too... old, for lack of a better word. Old in the sense that Windows XP looks old.

Since I'm switching over from Windows Phone, I guess Textra just reminds me of home.

But there's a lot of love for Google Hangouts here, so I might try that, if I can get the Hang of it...

Sent Turbo Fast from my Droid Turbo 64gb

Siendorf

May 26, 2010
Visit site
New messenger app is the best. Using it with SwiftKey. New Google keyboard just isn't as smart.

Posted via the Android Central App

pepsijunky

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I have been using Textra, but also want to try Messenger. One major problem with Messenger for me, incoming MMS messages will not display. Says "downloading", then a few hours later it might show up. Are there settings I need to change in Messenger to make that work? The same MMS shows fine in Textra immediately.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I have been using Textra, but also want to try Messenger. One major problem with Messenger for me, incoming MMS messages will not display. Says "downloading", then a few hours later it might show up. Are there settings I need to change in Messenger to make that work? The same MMS shows fine in Textra immediately.

That's because Textra is downloading the MMS media before the system can get to it even though it's not the default SMS app. If you want to try Messenger (or any other messaging app), you must uninstall Textra first, or it will do this.

pepsijunky

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Wow, I did not know that. Thanks. I'll give it a try.

I was also playing with Chomp last night, but I kept getting errors there too. They mentioned other SMS apps might be interfering. Perhaps also Textra.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800