This probably isn't the right forum to put this in, except the Turbo is certainly garnering a lot of attention due to its specs and recent release.

I'd like to know the shelf life of fan enthusiasm.

There's the build-up, rumors and expectation... this is obviously months.
    What I'm curious about, and what I wonder if the guys at the site have looked at statistically:
    What is the window of enthusiasm that droid fans/nerds/geeks/power users and such have for a device?
    There has to be a build-up of traffic on a device as its release is anticipated, then, upon its release, there are thousands and thousands of page views and posts.... on the real-world side of that there are purchases and discovery.
    How long until that fire dies down? How long is the frenzy? Days? Weeks? When do enthusiasts go from "cool!" to "meh"? When does interest in a device sort of plateau? When does the manufacturer get a sense of how well-received their devices was and is that ever shared with the public? Could androidcentral, statistically speaking, show a reflection of a devices real-world success?
    11-12-2014 08:13 AM
    This probably isn't the right forum to put this in, except the Turbo is certainly garnering a lot of attention due to its specs and recent release.

I'd like to know the shelf life of fan enthusiasm.

There's the build-up, rumors and expectation... this is obviously months.
    What I'm curious about, and what I wonder if the guys at the site have looked at statistically:
    What is the window of enthusiasm that droid fans/nerds/geeks/power users and such have for a device?
    There has to be a build-up of traffic on a device as its release is anticipated, then, upon its release, there are thousands and thousands of page views and posts.... on the real-world side of that there are purchases and discovery.
    How long until that fire dies down? How long is the frenzy? Days? Weeks? When do enthusiasts go from "cool!" to "meh"? When does interest in a device sort of plateau? When does the manufacturer get a sense of how well-received their devices was and is that ever shared with the public? Could androidcentral, statistically speaking, show a reflection of a devices real-world success?
    1. Introduction - Months 1-3
    2. Growth - Months 3-6
    3. Maturity - Months 6-9
    4. Decline - Months 9-12+
    11-12-2014 08:52 AM