12-09-2014 05:25 PM
58 123
tools
    Yeah, the difference has been much less on 5ghz, gives me some hope it's a fixable problem.
    I actually bought a new router/wifi AP as a workaround in the time being.
    It's not crazy bad imo but my S4 side by side all over my house and property pretty well wiped the floor
    with it. To the point where I couldn't stream youtube vids in my shop that I never considered "fringe"
    reception area for the last year or more till I got the DT. Go figure....
    Great phone, but they goofed the G radio somehow.
    12-08-2014 03:01 AM
    I've had the opposite experience. Just before the I switched to the Turbo, I was talking on my Droid Maxx to my brother in a low signal area. It got bad enough that I dropped the call several times in that 10 mile distance. After switching to the Turbo, I held the call the entire drive through that area.

Also, in my home I've always needed a Network Extender to make calls (steel siding and roof). If the Network Extender went out, my Maxx was essentially useless. With my Turbo, I can make and receive calls without the NE. They're not super clear without the NE, but I haven't dropped a call yet with this phone.

And I also have a 64GB Ballistic Nylon.
    12-08-2014 01:22 PM
    The cell/LTE radio seems fine far as I can tell. WiFi only problem I've seen with it.

I've had the opposite experience. Just before the I switched to the Turbo, I was talking on my Droid Maxx to my brother in a low signal area. It got bad enough that I dropped the call several times in that 10 mile distance. After switching to the Turbo, I held the call the entire drive through that area.

Also, in my home I've always needed a Network Extender to make calls (steel siding and roof). If the Network Extender went out, my Maxx was essentially useless. With my Turbo, I can make and receive calls without the NE. They're not super clear without the NE, but I haven't dropped a call yet with this phone.

And I also have a 64GB Ballistic Nylon.
    12-08-2014 02:22 PM
    The cell/LTE radio seems fine far as I can tell. WiFi only problem I've seen with it.
    And so far, my WiFi hasn't been any worse than my Droid Maxx was either. At least not a noticeable difference. I can use it anywhere I used my Maxx, and the speed seems the same as well. I must've gotten lucky.
    12-09-2014 01:38 AM
    Or the max is inferior in that respect to the s4 and Nexus 7 as well. If you never had better you'd never notice. Or mine is especially bad. Who knows. Numbers don't lie, I have a great video of them side by side. Moto support said they could reproduce it but I never heard anything beyond. I just bought a stronger router.
    12-09-2014 01:42 AM
    Surprised to see all these poor WiFi reports. My Turbo absolutely smokes on WiFi here, both at 2.4 and 5.

Sent from my Droid Turbo using Tapatalk
    12-09-2014 07:10 AM
    Or the max is inferior in that respect to the s4 and Nexus 7 as well. If you never had better you'd never notice. Or mine is especially bad. Who knows. Numbers don't lie, I have a great video of them side by side. Moto support said they could reproduce it but I never heard anything beyond. I just bought a stronger router.
    It's not just yours. When I tested the Turbo side by side against my RMHD in the Verizon store my results were similar. The Turbo was consistently 10 db weaker in wifi signal and couldn't even see networks that my RMHD could see and connect to. One of the reasons I passed on the Turbo.
    12-09-2014 01:57 PM
    I just switched my wifi to Cox and I thought it was interesting that my desktop and iPhone were both pulling 65 down but the best I get with my Turbo is 43. And that was after rebooting.
    12-09-2014 05:25 PM
58 123