10-25-2015 10:12 AM
46 12
tools
    Ever since the last software update, my Droid Turbo is fine at home - with NetGear BlackHawk router. Fine at motel - with unknown WiFi.

As soon as I drive by my client's Admin office, where they use Apple WiFi, my phone shuts down and restarts. Happens every day. Drive in the gate, drive by the Admin office, phone restarts. Continues re-starting randomly until I'm away from their WiFi. A total power-down helps, but doesn't stop the random restarts. Have to get away from their WiFi.
    01-17-2015 06:01 PM
    having the same rebooting problems with the airport extreme router. i get home reboot, i leave home reboot, i get into the office reboot i leave the office reboot. love the phone so much i've just been sticking through with it. hoping lollipop will come with a bunch of fixes. I would just buy a new router to save myself the headache but i have multiple airport expresses used throughout my home and office
    01-17-2015 09:42 PM
    having the same rebooting problems with the airport extreme router. i get home reboot, i leave home reboot, i get into the office reboot i leave the office reboot. love the phone so much i've just been sticking through with it. hoping lollipop will come with a bunch of fixes. I would just buy a new router to save myself the headache but i have multiple airport expresses used throughout my home and office
    As mentioned in this thread often, I am basically 100% positive there is an issue with some airport extreme routers. I do have the same problem jpdaballa states. When connecting to airport extreme, BAM, reboot. Nothing at all helps it. Lollipop or bust i guess.
    jpdaballa likes this.
    01-18-2015 04:53 AM
    I called Motorola and they say there are no reports of this issue very annoying seeing as how a couple of us have already called in

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-18-2015 05:16 PM
    I have been having this issue as well. I have a Moto Maxx with Lollipop installed and it did not help.

I have an airport extreme with firmware 7.6.4.
    02-26-2015 03:09 PM
    I have been having this issue as well. I have a Moto Maxx with Lollipop installed and it did not help.

I have an airport extreme with firmware 7.6.4.
    I changed a setting in WI-FI Advanced settings, I changed the Wi-Fi frequency band to 5 GHz only and it has been working fine for an hour now with no reboots!
    03-11-2015 09:36 AM
    Just received turbo having same issue this is months after these 1st posts phone doing same anyone found a fix?
    04-03-2015 03:25 PM
    Final closure for me...

I finally brought in a netgear wireless router I had at home to my office. I now connect to the netgear router and not the apple airport extremes in use at the office. Zero reboots in 2 weeks so far.

I have concluded that the Turbo OS, wireless radio software, or whatever has some sort of issue with the Airport extreme.
    05-28-2015 01:40 PM
    FWIW, I had a friend visit last week who just bought a brand new Turbo. It worked with our Airport Extreme router just fine, no reboots at all. It's very strange that some people have this issue and some don't.
    05-28-2015 01:59 PM
    Yea, I agree. Not one single issue with my airport extreme. It would be curious to do a side-by-side analysis of configuration options to see if there are any differences that make my setup "lucky". Both my wife and I have turbo's on the AE without issue.
    05-28-2015 02:07 PM
    I had some airport express routers hooked up acting as an extender. That may have been the problem. I've upgraded to an Asus ac router (airport express set to roaming) and my phone hasn't reboot since

05-28-2015 03:50 PM
    I am pretty sure my office has them set up acting as extenders as well. Not sure if thats the cause but it is apples to apples scenario as reported by jpdaballa.

I run the Asus at home also and zero problems.
    05-29-2015 11:53 AM
    My Airport Extreme is also in bridge mode - no problems. It's connected to my main Asus router, which acts as the gateway for the network, DHCP servers, etc. They both have the same SSID and WPA2 passphrase so I can roam the house. Again, the Turbo was connected without incident.
    05-29-2015 01:19 PM
    my best guess would be that the some of the older generation airport extremes are the cause of reboot.
    maxman1 likes this.
    05-29-2015 02:20 PM
    Update: I can confirm this issue still exists with the apple airports, post-lollipop install.

Grrrrrrrrr
    07-01-2015 02:07 PM
    I was also hoping that this would be fixed with the upgrade but had 3 or 4 reboots over the course of the first day. At least the terrible startup music didn't play after each restart.
    07-03-2015 07:47 AM
    Haha! Yeah, although to be honest...I am starting to think this may be something related to certain firmware versions on the airport routers. Going to try to run some further tests soon and will post updates in this thread.
    07-03-2015 08:40 AM
    There have been a lot of issues like this over the years, there was a time Nokia products had the same issues. If I remember correctly it was due to some sort of connected devices sharing options, but it was a few years ago. The one thing I do remember is the answer was always tough luck. Sucks I know, but it isn't a Motorola specific issue, its the airport issue.

07-03-2015 08:56 AM
    I have a friend with a Turbo who came to my house and connected just fine to an airport extreme (latest model, with ac) with the latest firmware.
    07-03-2015 09:55 AM
    Had the same problem. Tried WiFi by Veloxity and has worked absolutely great since. The only thing I've been able to do that has got it to work

10-20-2015 10:25 PM
    Is it just a general objection to Apple products? Because sometimes I have the same reaction.
    10-25-2015 10:12 AM
46 12