06-30-2015 01:52 PM
2,029 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    Just saw this "Breaking News" that really is old news.

Motorola to release bug-free Android 5.0 Lollipop Update for Droid Turbo, Moto G, Moto X in Feb 2105

Reported by: `Customs Today Report February 2, 2015

SEOUL: Motorola engineer Luciaono Carvalho revealed earlier this week that the new Android 5.0 Lollipop update will become available to all Motorola devices from 2013 to 2014, Load The Game reports, mentioning that hopes are high about the release date version being bug-free.
    jessegio34 likes this.
    02-02-2015 01:40 PM
    Just saw this "Breaking News" that really is old news.

Motorola to release bug-free Android 5.0 Lollipop Update for Droid Turbo, Moto G, Moto X in Feb 2105

Reported by: `Customs Today Report February 2, 2015

SEOUL: Motorola engineer Luciaono Carvalho revealed earlier this week that the new Android 5.0 Lollipop update will become available to all Motorola devices from 2013 to 2014, Load The Game reports, mentioning that hopes are high about the release date version being bug-free.
    Wow! That's a long time to wait!
    02-03-2015 08:33 AM
    Luciaono Carvalho never promised a date. That crap was all made up by whoever reported it.

https://plus.google.com/110587026141...ts/cSmnePt6zpP

Motorola Lollipop updates

First of all: peace! :-) There is so much anger floating around this topic, I just want to reassure we're working really hard on it, and, as promised, our Moto products from 2014 and 2013 will be updated to Lollipop really soon.

At this point, you may have already heard that some people are receiving 5.0.2 based OTA pushes. That's a limited soak test roll out for some of our products in different regions of the world. The update will be pushed to a wider audience if no critical showstoppers are found by users who already received it.

Users on the 1st generation Moto products need to make sure they have the latest Motorola Updates Services from the Play Store. If you don't see it showing in your list of apps available for update (or it shows as not compatible) don't worry, it'll be available for you to download it really soon.

Updates of this nature take time. It's no secret that when 5.0 launched it still had bugs. And, when we update our products, we end up finding more bugs that need to be fixed. There are a lot of reasons for what that happen, but, basically, each phone has a unique set of components and a way they interact. When Google creates a new release, they don't validate it for all the possible combinations there are, and they won't fix anything that's not reproducible on a Nexus device, that's our job.

I hope you can appreciate the time we spend rounding up the performance and making sure you can continue to enjoy the awesome smooth experience of the amazing Moto products you've come to know and love.

Thank you all for the loyalty and support!
    Nowhere does it say February; even in comments, he very carefully avoids promising a timeframe.

I will be surprised if it isn't this month, but I hate it when bloggers make up crap.
    02-03-2015 01:04 PM
    Wow! That's a long time to wait!
    Not sure it was a typo by them.
    jamielov likes this.
    02-03-2015 01:41 PM
    At this rate, Lollipop will come AFTER 2105.

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-03-2015 07:46 PM
    I'm running it on my Nexus 7. I am happy to wait for it as I prefer Kit Kat.
    02-04-2015 12:02 AM
    Looks like we might get 5.0.x just in time for everyone to want 5.1....
    TechCaptain likes this.
    02-04-2015 08:26 AM
    Looks like we might get 5.0.x just in time for everyone to want 5.1....
    It appears that 5.1 is already rolling out to Android One phones (Droid Life article - not enough posts to link) Looks like we will want 5.1 before we get 5.0.x
    02-04-2015 11:08 AM
    I had 5 updates to apps this morning when I turned my Turbo on and 3 of them said they were optimized for lollipop. Maybe were getting close?
    02-06-2015 10:08 AM
    Keep hoping that with the assumed delay of the soak test that "maybe" it'll be 5.1. Its rolling out to a Moto E already so Moto has it. I say assumed because if it had been rolled out we all know that some tech site would of reported on it.
    02-06-2015 10:29 AM
    I had 5 updates to apps this morning when I turned my Turbo on and 3 of them said they were optimized for lollipop. Maybe were getting close?
    I've been seeing that for a while on updates. It's generalized as the app developers want to make sure there software is ready or will fix issues on upgraded devices. Not gaining hope

02-06-2015 10:31 AM
    Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if 5.1 comes out now to Turbo ... I dont see why theyd waste time on 5.0 now that X has it, maybe they were waiting for 5.1 to ready it for turbo then back port to X

02-10-2015 04:07 PM
    Good news from Motorola:

http://motorola-blog.blogspot.com/20...p-for.html?m=1

The Motorola Maxx, aka Droid Turbo, is getting Lollipop in Brazil... So we shouldn't be too far behind.

Posted from 64GB BN Droid Turbo
    02-12-2015 03:59 PM
    Yeah, I wanna know what version though. We've waited this long, I want some 5.1
    02-12-2015 05:01 PM
    Good news from Motorola:

http://motorola-blog.blogspot.com/20...p-for.html?m=1

The Motorola Maxx, aka Droid Turbo, is getting Lollipop in Brazil... So we shouldn't be too far behind.

Well, this means moto has done its job while Verizon is still stalling

02-12-2015 06:29 PM
    Yeah but that's as of yesterday. It's ready for our hardware. That's the important part. Droid is Verizon's baby. It'll be soon.

02-13-2015 06:59 PM
    Yeah but that's as of yesterday. It's ready for our hardware. That's the important part. Droid is Verizon's baby. It'll be soon.

My thoughts exactly... If the Maxx is getting it, then it's ready for the Turbo. Just need to hold tight for the time being.

02-14-2015 06:17 PM
    News flash, Galaxy s3 now rolling out the Lollipop update.

02-15-2015 12:43 PM
    News flash, Galaxy s3 now rolling out the Lollipop update.

Ridiculous that Motorola is getting beaten out by Samsung.
    02-15-2015 04:18 PM
    Ridiculous that Motorola is getting beaten out by Samsung.
    Agreed. There is no reason whatsoever for Moto to make sure Lollipop is running properly before they update the Turbo. Who cares about quality? They should just work on "First!"
    02-15-2015 05:54 PM
    Agreed. There is no reason whatsoever for Moto to make sure Lollipop is running properly before they update the Turbo. Who cares about quality? They should just work on "First!"
    FIRST!

... to reply to this post.
    02-15-2015 06:07 PM
    Their claim to fame has been getting it out quicker than the rest. If the Moto X can run it than there's no reason the Turbo is this delayed. AND let me reiterate, Samsung... Wow...
    02-15-2015 07:50 PM
    Their claim to fame has been getting it out quicker than the rest. If the Moto X can run it than there's no reason the Turbo is this delayed. AND let me reiterate, Samsung... Wow...
    So you want to just ignore the fact that every phone that has gotten the lollipop update has numerous threads about the bugs they're experiencing? You may not realize this, but the X is a different phone than the Turbo, so to say there's no reason the Turbo doesn't have it is ridiculous at best. We just don't know what the reason is. And let me reiterate, Samsung...has problems with their lollipop update...wow...
    02-15-2015 08:48 PM
    Their claim to fame has been getting it out quicker than the rest.
    This is DEFINITELY not true for the Droids. Last year's Droid's KitKat update was unusually fast - and was buggy, some pretty awful ones, that weren't patched for more than 6 months. Motorola, though, was relatively transparent about the updates (which Samsung has never been) and was holding off for many reasons - Verizon's priorities (they wanted a very minor roaming update pushed first, which affected a very small number of customers traveling to a specific area in Canada, if I remember right), Google's quick patching of KitKat to 4.4.3 and then to 4.4.4 because of Heartbleed and some other bugs, etc.

Kudos to Samsung for getting 5.0 out, kudos to Moto and Verizon for holding off until it's right.

If getting updates ASAP is important to you, though, you bought the wrong phone. Buy an iPhone or buy a Nexus phone next time.

BTW, the Turbo is more like a Nexus 6 than a Moto X, as far as hardware goes.
    02-15-2015 09:26 PM
    This is DEFINITELY not true for the Droids. Last year's Droid's KitKat update was unusually fast - and was buggy, some pretty awful ones, that weren't patched for more than 6 months. Motorola, though, was relatively transparent about the updates (which Samsung has never been) and was holding off for many reasons - Verizon's priorities (they wanted a very minor roaming update pushed first, which affected a very small number of customers traveling to a specific area in Canada, if I remember right), Google's quick patching of KitKat to 4.4.3 and then to 4.4.4 because of Heartbleed and some other bugs, etc.

Kudos to Samsung for getting 5.0 out, kudos to Moto and Verizon for holding off until it's right.

If getting updates ASAP is important to you, though, you bought the wrong phone. Buy an iPhone or buy a Nexus phone next time.

BTW, the Turbo is more like a Nexus 6 than a Moto X, as far as hardware goes.
    the Nexus phones received these updates long ago and are getting if not already 5.0.2 all versions that comes out are buggy, thats why they are called updates. If the turbo gets an update and its buggy, so be it, Motorola/Verizon will just have to push out the following update faster instead of perfecting it. By the time they perfect it and push it out to the Turbo's, Google is already 2 updates ahead. So I call [Removed by Moderator] on this. My 3 year old Nexus 4 received 5.0.1 MONTHS AGO and runs flawless.
    02-16-2015 11:04 AM
2,029 ... 910111213 ...