06-30-2015 01:52 PM
2,029 ... 1314151617 ...
tools
    hmm... I came here to see if anyone has news on the android L update.... but this appears to be a battery usage debate of recent?
    02-25-2015 08:17 PM
    hmm... I came here to see if anyone has news on the android L update.... but this appears to be a battery usage debate of recent?
    That's because there is no Lollipop news!
    After this latest update for about 2 or 3 days battery sucked but after a cache wipe and some settle in time battery back to what it was. All day no worries.
    02-25-2015 09:04 PM
    I come here to see of there's any news as well. All I ever see is people finding new ways to say "I'm sick of waiting" or "but bugs! I hate bugs". It's a straight up broken record in here.

Posted via the Android Central App
    ScottyDog likes this.
    02-25-2015 09:19 PM
    even though the battery is "sealed" in it is still usually very easily replaceable hen they go bad. I have done alot of research on different batteries and how to take care of them. Basically you don't want to go low and you don't want them hot. That's why I have a problem with the wireless charger, there is a specific inefficiency that causes heat as a by product. Also I let it run down to about 25% then charge everytime because in my experience plugging it in everytime you get a chance destroys the battery in a year.
    02-26-2015 06:40 AM
    L update? Motogoogle=fast updates, motonovo =no update, say what you want we all have a last year's phone.
    And battery stats? Really? It lasts all day.
    What?

02-26-2015 07:59 AM
    L update? Motogoogle=fast updates, motonovo =no update, say what you want we all have a last year's phone.
    The Moto X on Verizon was one of the first updated phones. It received the update in late November, I believe. So I don't think the issue is lenovo.

It seems to be a Verizon Droid issue. Verizon seems to care more about getting volte working than getting the os updated. Last year's quick Droid update (which was pretty buggy and went unpatched for about 6 months, by the way) seems to be an outlier.
    02-26-2015 10:33 AM
    I would say the fact that almost 4 months after this phone was released, and almost 4 months after Lollipop was released, the fact that we are in this thread talking about battery life says something about what our expectations should be toward Verizon and the new Motolenovo regarding software updates.
    02-26-2015 10:45 AM
    Just got notification for system update. Should I do it, or ignore it for a while?
    02-26-2015 10:54 AM
    Just got notification for system update. Should I do it, or ignore it for a while?
    Same here - not sure I want it yet - ????
    02-26-2015 01:11 PM
    I keep clicking on this thread for some intelligence on whether I should accept the latest update and all I see is a bunch of rambling on about battery life. Edit: I guess the update is not Lollipop.

hannsoft likes this.
    02-26-2015 02:14 PM
    Personally I think my turbo runs great on 4.4.4.
    I still think it's the best phone out there.
    My issue is the utter lack of communication from either Verizon or Motorola. It's disrespectful to us customers and can only be viewed as either one not giving a damn.
    Especially Motorola, who pioneered the Six Sigma standard for quality performance, is certainly failing their own internal processes.
    Probably with all the buyouts it all fell by the wayside.
    But this has been the "business model" across the board for a long while now: customers are just a cash cow and inconvenient. They are only important as they relate to the daily stock price so that Joe Schmo can play Las Vegas with the stock market on his computer.
    Sad, but that's what it has come to.

LinuxWeather and Davidoo like this.
    02-27-2015 04:45 AM
    I have Lollipop on my N9 and tbh if the same bugs with the oom symptoms (chrome is basically unuseable if you expect smooth multitasking) I wouldn't install it on my daily driver (turbo). It's one thing to have buggy apps, it's another to have a buggy memory management layer.

Business Process Logic and CM is meant to be belabored but Six Sigma is like wrestling with a pig in mud, after a few hours you realize the pig actually enjoys it.

dungoyle and NoICon like this.
    02-27-2015 07:17 AM
    I have Lollipop on my N9 and tbh if the same bugs with the oom symptoms (chrome is basically unuseable if you expect smooth multitasking) I wouldn't install it on my daily driver (turbo). It's one thing to have buggy apps, it's another to have a buggy memory management layer.

Business Process Logic and CM is meant to be belabored but Six Sigma is like wrestling with a pig in mud, after a few hours you realize the pig actually enjoys it.

I have Lollipop on my nexus 7 and it works beautifully. It's been a few months and no complaints. I haven't received it on my turbo yet. But the battery lasts all day. My pigs are oinking. Gotta go.

02-27-2015 08:06 AM
    For those saying that being 4 months out an not having Lollipop is an indication of how updates will be handled by Lenovo, realize that the Nexus 7 got a buggy update in mid to late December, and an update to fix that update in January. So it's not just us that are having the issues. Now some will point out that OEMS like Samsung and HTC are getting Lollipop for the 2014 devices. First, it's possible that due to the changes they've made to Android, those issues might not affect them as much as they're affecting closer to stock devices. Second, IIRC there were some issues with Samsung's Lollipop update to their phones.

However, I think the main thing that is holding us back is something I read recently. It has been announced in the last few days that the Nexus 6 for Verizon will launch on March 12, with 5.1 and Advance Calling. So there are a couple of reasons why this may have bearing on our not having seen the update yet. First, Motorola knew this was coming and decided skip the 5.0 releases and go directly to 5.1 with the Turbo, much like they did with the Maxx last year, jumping from I believe 4.0 to 4.4. The second reason is Verizon. They may want to have the Nexus 6 be the only device to have 5.1 for a time to kick start sales. They have done this in the last, holding back updates to give a certain model an exclusivity period. Or it could even be a combination of both.
    MA2GA28 likes this.
    02-27-2015 10:10 PM
    I brought up the 'skip a build' theory in another post/topic. I think that is the most likely scenario, but possibly a mix of both as you mentioned.
    No sense in pushing out a buggy first version. Might as well work out the kinks and send out the next iteration of Lollipop.
    02-27-2015 11:42 PM
    I brought up the 'skip a build' theory in another post/topic. I think that is the most likely scenario, but possibly a mix of both as you mentioned.
    No sense in pushing out a buggy first version. Might as well work out the kinks and send out the next iteration of Lollipop.
    .... Again, how about communicating any or all of it to the customers?
    I am in my own business and if I operated like this I couldn't feed my dog.
    Believe me when I say the last thing I am is a proponent of anything government. However, if businesses get too big to have to care about it's revenue sustaining base, someone with a bigger hammer has to step in.
    Especially when sales are promoted under false pretense, i. e. buy our Turbo now with KitKat, Lollipop is just around the corner, we promise.
    Again, I'm happy with 4.4.4, my ranting is all about how we are being treated.

02-28-2015 05:02 AM
    Any news on the Moto Maxx? Who (if anyone) will roll out the update on it?
    02-28-2015 06:54 AM
    Weird that there isn't a separate forum for the Moto Maxx - it's a different phone.

Anyway, the Moto Maxx started rolling out Lollipop updates on February 11th but I've seen no details on carriers, etc. You'll find out more if you search on Google.
    02-28-2015 08:32 AM
    Weird that there isn't a separate forum for the Moto Maxx - it's a different phone.

Anyway, the Moto Maxx started rolling out Lollipop updates on February 11th but I've seen no details on carriers, etc. You'll find out more if you search on Google.
    There is a separate forum for the Maxx.

02-28-2015 09:25 AM
    There is a separate forum for the Maxx.

There is one for the Droid Maxx but not the Moto Maxx. They are not the same phone.
    02-28-2015 10:56 AM
    The update currently available from VZW is a VoltE update and is only to fix the issues with Volte. I updated and it fixed a few issues with HD calling and the rest of the phone still works perfectly. It does not have anything to do with Lollipop. In my case the update was pretty benign and didn't hurt anything.
    You can check out the issues with 5 on XDA forums. Sorry don't have a link but the general consensus was that it was ok with some minor issues.
    JFH8 likes this.
    02-28-2015 10:57 AM
    .... Again, how about communicating any or all of it to the customers?
    I am in my own business and if I operated like this I couldn't feed my dog.
    Believe me when I say the last thing I am is a proponent of anything government. However, if businesses get too big to have to care about it's revenue sustaining base, someone with a bigger hammer has to step in.
    Especially when sales are promoted under false pretense, i. e. buy our Turbo now with KitKat, Lollipop is just around the corner, we promise.
    Again, I'm happy with 4.4.4, my ranting is all about how we are being treated.

I don't think we're being treated that poorly. As you said, KitKat is perfectly fine and capable. Plus, we are but a small segment of the cell phone population here. I'd fathom that 85% of people with cell phones don't care if/when they get a new OS update. So, in the company's eyes, no need to comment on a relatively small/non-existant issue.
    02-28-2015 04:58 PM
    I'm pretty sure that Motorola and verizon don't communicate more about it because it's a lose/lose proposition for them. If they say that they think it's done, just going into testing, and testing fails, that's another two weeks or so to go through the process.

Honestly, I think they have no idea when it's going to be done until it's actually done, so communication is pointless. "We are still working on it." "It's not done yet, but we are working hard to get done as soon as possible." What more do we need to know?
    JFH8 likes this.
    02-28-2015 05:05 PM
    There is one for the Droid Maxx but not the Moto Maxx. They are not the same phone.
    Thanks...I didn't know that.

02-28-2015 07:28 PM
    The Moto maxx is almost the same phone as the droid turbo. It's the unlocked gsm version sold in Latin America. Discussion if it seems to be in this forum.
    03-01-2015 09:06 AM
2,029 ... 1314151617 ...