06-30-2015 01:52 PM
2,029 ... 2223242526 ...
tools
    Does anyone honestly need VoLTE? I don't get why it's such a big deal.
    Well, yes, of course we do, since without it you can't use anything that uses data while on a call. I know many said they don't ever use data at the same time as a call, but I don't think they realize how much they do. Ever use the maps while on a call? Ever surfing or buying something, like entering your credit card in a site and get a call and not know if the charge went through? I use my phone for work and have to refer to emails or attachments while talking to someone. Can't do that on the Turbo without VoLTE. So, yes, I honestly need it.
    skatergirl likes this.
    03-26-2015 09:12 PM
    It's coming April 1st

I'm glad to see my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 tablet finally got it ...
    Lollipop had been released for the Tab S tablets? You sure about that?
    03-27-2015 04:41 AM
    I don't think people are terribly upset. I think the major issue is that there was an expectation buying the phone, which was released almost coincidentally with Lollipop, that it would have I the update rather quickly, based on the similar hardware as the Nexus 6 and Motorola's recent reputation for fast upgrades. Disappointment may be a better word than upset.

The features of Lollipop that are better than KitKat I believe have been discussed in this thread. Perhaps you don't care for them, but others surely do.
    03-27-2015 07:10 AM
    I don't think people are terribly upset. I think the major issue is that there was an expectation buying the phone, which was released almost coincidentally with Lollipop, that it would have I the update rather quickly, based on the similar hardware as the Nexus 6 and Motorola's recent reputation for fast upgrades. Disappointment may be a better word than upset.

The features of Lollipop that are better than KitKat I believe have been discussed in this thread. Perhaps you don't care for them, but others surely do.
    This is playing out pretty similarly to the Droid Maxx update. It sat waiting for quite a while while incremental KitKats were released for other phones, then became among the first (if not the first) to get 4.4.4.
    Codger1212 likes this.
    03-27-2015 07:18 AM
    So do I! I'm texting with this right now ⬅ Entered with Droid Maxx
    03-28-2015 01:48 AM
    We will NOT have it by the end of March.

Sent from my (still relevant) Droid Maxx
    03-29-2015 08:25 PM

Sent from my Droid Maxx
    Let's put it this way: Zelda Wii U will be out before the Droid Turbo gets Android 5.1 Lollipop.

Sent from my Droid Turbo

Posted via the Android Central App
    Symthic and RAdamHadAMeal like this.
    03-30-2015 12:31 PM

Sent from my (still relevant) Droid Maxx
    And that is ok. My Nexus 7 is having some issues and I wish it was still on KK.
    maxman1 likes this.
    03-30-2015 02:22 PM
    The Droid Turbo was released 5 months ago today. Lollipop still nowhere in sight.
    03-30-2015 05:12 PM
    I can't believe theirs no April fools day pranks in here 😉
    04-01-2015 12:35 PM
    I think the prank is the Turbo has been out 5 months without L. Don't get me wrong as my Turbo works perfectly the way it is and I would rather wait for a solid update, but I never dreamed it would take this long.
    04-01-2015 01:17 PM
    Looks like OnePlus missed their dates for Oxygen OS and Cyanogen releases.

which is why it's better to not give exact dates for things like this.
    04-01-2015 02:25 PM
    Look, Google released a poor product with 5.0. I am confident they fixed all the memory leaks and issues by 5.1, so let's be happy Motorizon waited to release this.
    mrtonk likes this.
    04-01-2015 02:26 PM
    Look, Google released a poor product with 5.0. I am confident they fixed all the memory leaks and issues by 5.1, so let's be happy Motorizon waited to release this.
    Well, we already know that there is an unpatched memory leak in 5.1 ...

http://www.cultofandroid.com/72343/g...o-wait-for-it/

You're right - this has been a terrible release. It makes ios7 look great in hindsight.
    04-01-2015 04:33 PM
    Well, we already know that there is an unpatched memory leak in 5.1 ...
    I missed that one. Oh well...
    04-01-2015 05:16 PM
    Looks like OnePlus missed their dates for Oxygen OS and Cyanogen releases.

which is why it's better to not give exact dates for things like this.
    Yes true but that's something I think we all expected as One plus has seemed to overpromise and under deliver on everything they've said. Just my opinion but I gave up on them awhile ago just wasn't impressed.

But it would be nice to see motorola back to their old style of atleast keeping people updated and giving a general idea where the update is along in the process. With the purchase from Lenovo that seemed to go away
    KPMcClave likes this.
    04-01-2015 11:48 PM
    There is a Google+ post today from David Schuster of Motorola updating that the 1st gen Moto X, G and E will go to 5.1 directly rather than 5.0.2. https://plus.google.com/+DavidSchust...ts/cV4vDyyMmw2

But in that post is embedded this comment from Matt Jones, also of Motorola:

The truth is, the software is ready when it's ready -- I know that can be difficult to accept, but it's true. We have to develop and test it. If something doesn't work, we have to take the time to fix it, and we can't know what issues may arise. Our schedule may indicate a week, but the software may require a month. This is why we don't give dates.

We're working as fast as possible to provide quality upgrades to all eligible devices globally. 
    So, that's why they don't give dates, and why they give updates only periodically when they can. The fact is that they just don't know when updates are going to be ready.
    cooper_m22 likes this.
    04-02-2015 12:01 PM
    There is a Google+ post today from David Schuster of Motorola updating that the 1st gen Moto X, G and E will go to 5.1 directly rather than 5.0.2. https://plus.google.com/+DavidSchust...ts/cV4vDyyMmw2

So, that's why they don't give dates, and why they give updates only periodically when they can. The fact is that they just don't know when updates are going to be ready.
    No one cares, people just want to complain. Moto could say the Turbo will get lollipop on April 20, and if on April 19 the Moto G got lollipop, people will complain that the G shouldn't have gotten it first. People are just looking for reasons to be unhappy.

Posted from my Droid Turbo, Kelly and Ozone
    Ry and dusoccer10 like this.
    04-02-2015 12:34 PM
    So, that's why they don't give dates, and why they give updates only periodically when they can.
    Have we *ever* gotten *any* update from an official source, other than that single post on Google+?
    KPMcClave likes this.
    04-02-2015 01:42 PM
    Have we *ever* gotten *any* update from an official source, other than that single post on Google+?
    Yes. The Official Motorola Blog
    04-02-2015 01:48 PM
    Yes. The Official Motorola Blog
    Can you point to some specific links? I may not have been clear: I'm looking for official updates regarding the Droid Turbo getting Lollipop. I searched the Motorola Blog and found ZERO updates regarding the Droid Turbo and Lollipop.
    04-02-2015 03:29 PM
    Can you point to some specific links? I may not have been clear: I'm looking for official updates regarding the Droid Turbo getting Lollipop. I searched the Motorola Blog and found ZERO updates regarding the Droid Turbo and Lollipop.
    https://motorola-global-portal.custh...news/g_id/1949

04-02-2015 03:51 PM

I continue to maintain that they could do better than they do with communication. I've said a number of times that I am not looking for a deadline date. I am reasonable and realistic, and that is too specific. They could be more forthcoming with the status of updates on an ongoing basis. A continuing conversation, not a deadline.

They could and they should as far as I'm concerned. That's excellent customer service. Instead, they cower from the lowest common denominator that will freak out if they don't get the update on the first day of whatever range they might shoot for.

In discussing the topic here in the past, my main frustration is that posters take an either/or mentality...either they should give us THE date, or they shouldn't tell us anything. Or at least, that it's OK they don't tell us anything.

What Moto, its defenders, and plenty of other companies say by way of defense (we can't give a date), also usually includes what they could do (the situation is fluid). So, stop taking a fluid situation and trying to hang a deadline on it. Take a fluid situation and update us as it changes.

Not a hard thing to do.
    Davidoo likes this.
    04-02-2015 03:53 PM
    No one cares, people just want to complain. Moto could say the Turbo will get lollipop on April 20, and if on April 19 the Moto G got lollipop, people will complain that the G shouldn't have gotten it first. People are just looking for reasons to be unhappy.

Posted from my Droid Turbo, Kelly and Ozone
    I'm just looking for better communication from a company I give my money and loyalty.
    04-02-2015 03:54 PM
    What exactly is "evolving over time?" They left that part out.

While it was important to let owners know which handsets would get Lollipop, it is unlikely that part is going to "evolve."
    04-02-2015 03:56 PM
2,029 ... 2223242526 ...