06-30-2015 01:52 PM
2,029 ... 2627282930 ...
tools
    This thread should be closed until there is actual news.
    04-07-2015 03:39 PM
    And now you're complaining about people complaining about people complaining. The circle is complete.
    IIRC, if one more person complains about people complaining about people complaining, either the universe explodes or the Cubbies win the World Series this year. GREAT SCOT!!!
    04-07-2015 04:32 PM
    Absolutely agree it will be the last time I make this mistake. With the crap bloatware Verizon loaded it up with and not having lollipop. I'm going back to samsung especially if they bring back ssd's
    04-08-2015 12:52 AM
    This whole discussion is stupid.

"I was promised the update"
    "I don't want bugs cuz buggy bugs are bugs and you guys are dumb for wanting a buggy update."
    "it's the carriers fault! Regardless of bugs we should be blaming someone!"
    "well if we're blaming anyone I think Motorola should try harder to push it forward because *I was promised the update*"

I have this thread favorited for news but it's the same circlejerk every page, but now people are complaining about the various complaints. What wasted effort of is coming here.

Posted via the Android Central App
    There is no news.

There ya go.
    04-08-2015 07:01 AM
    Verizons forgotten step child

TechCaptain likes this.
    04-08-2015 07:24 AM
    This whole discussion is stupid.

"I was promised the update"

Every one was but not when it would happen, so when it does it does.
    04-08-2015 09:19 AM
    I guess it's a sign of the instant gratification society we now live in. I personally don't see the big deal about getting lollipop.
    My Turbo can already give me 3 and half hours screen time in 40+ hours or 9 hours screen time in a 16 hour day on KK. Unless Lollipop can improve upon that, I can wait. I'd rather not lose what is a perfectly functioning phone just to say I have the "latest version" with bugs.

Let them take their time and get it right.

Sent from my Ballistic Turbo
    04-08-2015 09:49 AM
    But people want news when there is no news.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)
    04-08-2015 07:44 PM
    You want news?

Android Central is a blog with a community of commentators. Expecting everyone in this forum to behave the way that you want is ridiculous and futile.
    KPMcClave, Ry and mrtonk like this.
    04-08-2015 08:19 PM
    I learned today that one should not have chili for lunch and then go back to work... My officemates hate me! 😉

1Coopgt and tanker8764 like this.
    04-09-2015 01:38 AM
    I guess it's a sign of the instant gratification society we now live in. I personally don't see the big deal about getting lollipop.
    My Turbo can already give me 3 and half hours screen time in 40+ hours or 9 hours screen time in a 16 hour day on KK. Unless Lollipop can improve upon that, I can wait. I'd rather not lose what is a perfectly functioning phone just to say I have the "latest version" with bugs.

Let them take their time and get it right.

I'm gonna hijack this thread for a second...how do you get 9 hours screen screen on time? I keep my screen at 25% bright and everything else off except Wi-Fi and I can only stretch it 6 hours sot with 13% left in battery.

DRoID TuRBo this...
    04-09-2015 01:46 AM
    I'm gonna hijack this thread for a second...how do you get 9 hours screen screen on time? I keep my screen at 25% bright and everything else off except Wi-Fi and I can only stretch it 6 hours sot with 13% left in battery.

DRoID TuRBo this...
    I've wondered the same thing. I compared my phone to a user here and our setup was almost identical in terms of sync, auto brightness, etc. Yet he got 9 hours and I was lucky to break 5:30-6 hours. My signal is good and I also see no difference in battery between VoLTE (which I use) and CDMA.

I'm still happy with my battery. Just wish I knew how some people do 9 hours lol.
    04-09-2015 08:40 AM

DRoID TuRBo this...
    I really do nothing special. Auto brightness. Not a great signal (normally 2 or 3 bars). Only social media app I use is instagram. Disabled all the Amazon crap I don't use. Moto display on, voice on, approach is off.
    I have always charged with Turbo charger, and typically charge every night unless I'm purposely pushing the battery or I just forget. Cache wipe from recovery at least once a month.
    That's it. No magic or voodoo.

04-09-2015 09:30 AM
    How about a rumor? Someone posted on Google+ the following:

Take this with a giant grain of salt: I'm thinking the Verizon CSR was blowing smoke.

[I can't post links, so search for "Nathan Sassaman" on Google+ for the source]
    Verizon tech support knows less than nothing. That post isn't worth the time it took to write it.

Posted from my Droid Turbo, Kelly and Ozone
    04-09-2015 01:46 PM
    Verizon tech support knows less than nothing. That post isn't worth the time it took to write it.

Posted from my Droid Turbo, Kelly and Ozone
    Although most CSR's (99.99%) don't know what they are talking about when it comes to this stuff, it is sometimes based on a real thing. They probably have the part right about an update going to a phone but just not the Droid Turbo.
    04-09-2015 02:00 PM
    I really do nothing special. Auto brightness. Not a great signal (normally 2 or 3 bars). Only social media app I use is instagram. Disabled all the Amazon crap I don't use. Moto display on, voice on, approach is off.
    I have always charged with Turbo charger, and typically charge every night unless I'm purposely pushing the battery or I just forget. Cache wipe from recovery at least once a month.
    That's it. No magic or voodoo.

Thanks, I'm just about the same. I've done the cache clear but not monthly...

DRoID TuRBo this...
    04-10-2015 12:04 AM
    Thanks, I'm just about the same. I've done the cache clear but not monthly...

DRoID TuRBo this...
    I finally cleared my cache for the first time. Not sure if it'll help anything since my phone ran great but I did notice a slight slow down when I typed a lot in one form. Seems better now.
    KPMcClave likes this.
    04-11-2015 05:52 AM
    I have to say, off topic, that this is my favorite thread to lurk. it's sorta quieting down though.... So to put another log in the fire, when do you think lollipop drops?

I'm guessing May...

We may see it when ever the droid turbo 2 get released that's if its ever made .
    04-11-2015 05:45 PM
    I finally cleared my cache for the first time. Not sure if it'll help anything since my phone ran great but I did notice a slight slow down when I typed a lot in one form. Seems better now.
    What buttons do we press at boot to get to the cache clearing?

04-11-2015 07:54 PM
    What buttons do we press at boot to get to the cache clearing?

https://motorola-global-portal.custh...p/30,6720,9277

As a note, I held the Volume Down for 3 seconds before pressing power. I was having trouble otherwise.

Also note that the Power button press selects the command. Not sure why it says Volume Up. At least that's my experience.
    DoyouFanBoyBro likes this.
    04-11-2015 08:16 PM
    I can make Lollipop appear on the Droid Turbo. All I have to do is to purchase a Galaxy S6. Lollipop will be available the next day. GUARANTEED!
    mrtonk likes this.
    04-11-2015 09:38 PM
    I can make Lollipop appear on the Droid Turbo. All I have to do is to purchase a Galaxy S6. Lollipop will be available the next day. GUARANTEED!

The only good part about that would be lollipop. Everything about the S6 is inferior to the Turbo.

Sent from my (still relevant) Droid Maxx
    04-11-2015 09:57 PM
    The only good part about that would be lollipop. Everything about the S6 is inferior to the Turbo.

I love the Turbo, but there are many who point out that the camera on the S6 is one of, if not the, best cell cameras ever.

04-11-2015 10:17 PM
    I love the Turbo, but there are many who point out that the camera on the S6 is one of, if not the, best cell cameras ever.

Traded back on the S6 edge. Got the turbo.

Yes the camera on the S6 is the best. For the 20 minutes that the device is powered on for...

04-11-2015 10:22 PM

We'll see if that stays the same after the launch of the G4. :P

04-11-2015 11:07 PM
2,029 ... 2627282930 ...