06-30-2015 12:52 PM
2,029 ... 2829303132 ...
tools
    In the last month, I've updated an lg g2, note 3 and 4 to Android 5. Come on, this is pathetic

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-16-2015 05:22 PM
    Well, my wife's Verizon S5 got Lollipop last night. She hates it, it's slowed down her phone and she's not crazy about the aesthetics of it.

I, along with some others, am more than willing to keep KitKat for as long as I have it.

Posted from 64GB BN Droid Turbo
    04-16-2015 06:33 PM
    Well, my wife's Verizon S5 got Lollipop last night. She hates it, it's slowed down her phone and she's not crazy about the aesthetics of it.

I, along with some others, am more than willing to keep KitKat for as long as I have it.

Posted from 64GB BN Droid Turbo
    Only last night? Did she just get the phone? My wife has an S5 on Verizon as well, and she's had Lollipop for a couple of months. She hasn't had any issues at all. I keep asking.

I'd give it a cache parition wipe if you haven't.
    04-16-2015 06:49 PM
    In the last month, I've updated an lg g2, note 3 and 4 to Android 5. Come on, this is pathetic

Pathetic that the Turbo is a great phone and it runs perfectly fine and doesn't need an update that has caused problems on every phone that has gotten it? I don't agree with that.
    04-16-2015 06:57 PM
    Soak tests are the last step of a release. Many times Verizon will release the software before the soak is even over. By the time you hear about a soak the software is going to be released.
    I you have ever done a soak test it clearly says that the software is final version that will be released to the General public unless a major show stopper is found.
    04-16-2015 07:21 PM

All of these updated to 5.1? Because my Nexus 7 didn't get it's first LP update until December, and the second to 5.0.2 in mid January, which is where it still is currently. Android 5.0 was announced in October of last year, Android 5.1 was announced in early March. Since my Nexus didn't see any kind of 5.0 update until 2 months after announcement, why are people expecting 5.1 for the Turbo earlier than that? Right now we're at just over a month since they announced 5.1, if I was a betting man, I'd guess we'll see 5.1 for the Turbo between mid May and mid June.
    KPMcClave likes this.
    04-16-2015 07:23 PM
    All of these updated to 5.1? Because my Nexus 7 didn't get it's first LP update until December, and the second to 5.0.2 in mid January, which is where it still is currently. Android 5.0 was announced in October of last year, Android 5.1 was announced in early March. Since my Nexus didn't see any kind of 5.0 update until 2 months after announcement, why are people expecting 5.1 for the Turbo earlier than that? Right now we're at just over a month since they announced 5.1, if I was a betting man, I'd guess we'll see 5.1 for the Turbo between mid May and mid June.
    I have a hunch it will be a little sooner than that, but otherwise agree generally.
    04-16-2015 11:15 PM
    I have a hunch it will be a little sooner than that, but otherwise agree generally.
    Hunch?
    04-17-2015 12:01 AM
    Probably, but I wanted to hedge my bets. The Turbo may well be the first non Nexus to get 5.1, like the Maxx did when it got 4.4. Or we may see the X get it first yet again. It's hard to say, there seems to be no rhyme or reason to how devices are getting updated to Lollipop.

Others like HTC, Samsung, and LG are upping their game so far as quicker updates, which is good. I didn't just go with Motorola for fast updates. If it happens it happens. But my reasons for going with Motorola again was more about a lighter skin, Motorola's enhancements, better radios, and large battery.
    KPMcClave likes this.
    04-17-2015 02:13 AM
    04-17-2015 06:31 AM
    One of these days people will realize that Verizon techs know about 10% of what people on these forums know and they'll stop listening to anything they say.

Posted from my Droid Turbo, Kelly and Ozone
    04-17-2015 07:54 AM
    Anyone have info on whether 5.1 improves the fallback to non-hd call? Or will we be forever turning off a function because of Verizon's idiotic choice to barrel forward with volte with Turbo's one radio thereby suffering dropped calls & sketchy simultaneous voice & data?
    04-17-2015 03:34 PM
    What's Android 5.2?
    04-17-2015 03:45 PM
    What's Android 5.2?
    It's the next version of Android after 5.1 of coarse .
    04-17-2015 07:00 PM
    What's Android 5.2?
    It's a dream, A country far far away!
    04-17-2015 07:49 PM
    We will get a upgrade whenever Verizon decides we need it until then just relax and know that Verizon knows what's best for us Hail to the great and powerful Verizon
    04-17-2015 08:12 PM
    If the update ever does come out I wonder how many pages this thread will be up to?
    My guess is 90 pages
    04-17-2015 08:43 PM
    My POS nexus 7 got 5.1 tonight. My patience is running out.
    04-17-2015 09:10 PM
    We will get a upgrade whenever Verizon decides we need it until then just relax and know that Verizon knows what's best for us Hail to the great and powerful Verizon
    When you hail Verizon, you'd better be standing on one foot, one eye closed, flapping your left arm like a chicken with your right thumb stuck up your ****. That's what the Verizon CSRs have to do when they take a call. ;-)
    04-17-2015 09:37 PM
    Anyone have info on whether 5.1 improves the fallback to non-hd call? Or will we be forever turning off a function because of Verizon's idiotic choice to barrel forward with volte with Turbo's one radio thereby suffering dropped calls & sketchy simultaneous voice & data?
    I doubt it. They had a similar issue when they introduced 3G as well IIRC. You also used to drop calls when moving between towers. That was always fun when driving to a job site with tech support on the line. I think part of the issue here is that 1X/3G are CDMA, and LTE is a form of GSM. If they hadn't dropped the 2 antenna setup we previously had, I don't think we would've had this issue, but I believe they did that because a 2 antenna setup with VoLTE murdered battery life.
    04-17-2015 09:42 PM
    Seems like most "flagship" Verizon branded phones are actually beta testers for Verizon's way down the road end game (eg: thunderbolt). It became a "red headed step-child shortly after being touted as the next best thing since sliced bread. My fear is the Turbo is mirroring that path. My next device will not be a Verizon exclusive no matter how good it looks on paper.
    04-18-2015 11:13 AM
    I agree Rob.
    04-18-2015 11:06 PM
    Seems like most "flagship" Verizon branded phones are actually beta testers for Verizon's way down the road end game (eg: thunderbolt). It became a "red headed step-child shortly after being touted as the next best thing since sliced bread. My fear is the Turbo is mirroring that path. My next device will not be a Verizon exclusive no matter how good it looks on paper.
    What is the Turbo supposed to be a test bed for? It wasn't the first device that got Advance Calling, or even the second, so their really isn't anything else that it could be. The Droid series aren't usually the first in line for updates, they end up behind OEMS flagship devices, the ones that are available from more than one carrier. That's how it's pretty much always been.

People seriously need to chill out. Android 5.1 has just started rolling out to the Nexus devices recently, my N7 WiFi doesn't even have it yet. IIRC, the only Motorola devices that have beat Nexus to the punch on updates is the X series, the Droid Maxx may have beat the X to 4.4, but I believe the Nexus beat of them to it.
    04-18-2015 11:31 PM
    Personally The roll is slowed because carry issues. Take android and treat it like apple and force updates. IMHO.

Ricky Gray1 likes this.
    04-19-2015 03:35 AM
    the Droid Maxx may have beat the X to 4.4,
    It didn't; the X was updated to KitKat about a month before the maxx/ultra/mini got KitKat, which was stopped for a few weeks when some people had bricked phones from the Droid update. The X didn't beat the nexus 5,obviously, which was released with KitKat, but it beat some older nexus tablets and all of the Google play edition devices, which happened again with Lollipop on the 2014 X. Even on Verizon, both times...
    Ricky Gray1 likes this.
    04-19-2015 05:06 AM
2,029 ... 2829303132 ...