06-30-2015 01:52 PM
2,029 ... 3940414243 ...
tools
    Agreed. I can't wait until the update finally comes and this is replaced by a "lollipop broke my phone, wish I could go back to kit Kat" thread.

Back to lurking...

Posted via the Android Central App
    This is so true... And yet... Will be so sad. Something tells me that the one's being so ticked off here will be the one's that LP horks their Turbo! My Nexus 7 2013 has had LP for awhile... Actually updated a few times in the past month or so, and I do like LP and it runs just great on my N7... BUT! My phones in the past have all gone downhill after each major Android update. So, not too anxious for LP on my Turbo at the moment.

05-10-2015 12:48 AM
    This is so true... And yet... Will be so sad. Something tells me that the one's being so ticked off here will be the one's that LP horks their Turbo! My Nexus 7 2013 has had LP for awhile... Actually updated a few times in the past month or so, and I do like LP and it runs just great on my N7... BUT! My phones in the past have all gone downhill after each major Android update. So, not too anxious for LP on my Turbo at the moment.

Totally! But I think IRS just our tech crazy nature. We will always talk about whatever issue is hot at the moment. Always hoping for that perfect device. The turbo has a few shortcomings, but it has strengths in spades. Let's all hope the Lollipop can improve the few downfalls, I.e. the camera etc...

05-10-2015 01:05 AM
    I'd rather have Moto unlock the bootloader so I can run whatever I want.

Sent from my Ballistic Turbo
    ScottyDog and I800C0LLECT like this.
    05-10-2015 02:28 AM
    I talked to Verizon, my rep was really nice. She talked with someone at a higher tier or something like that, they told her they have 5.1 and it will be released between now and Sunday.. Whether or not that's the truth I don't know.....

Welp! Its Sunday!

TechCaptain and Ricky Gray1 like this.
    05-10-2015 12:22 PM
    The rumor is still very vague. Why write a detailed article about the complexity of the software being the hold-up but be clueless when 5.1 will be available for update.

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/droid-t...51-skip-439735

05-10-2015 01:26 PM
    To be honest I'm not really sure what's gonna be different, I'll still change home app to Google, I'll still have same apps and wallpapers, I'll just get more annoying notifications and a different drop down, whew can't wait!

05-10-2015 02:34 PM
    :/

05-10-2015 02:54 PM
    The rumor is still very vague. Why write a detailed article about the complexity of the software being the hold-up but be clueless when 5.1 will be available for update.

Droid Turbo Android 5.1 Lollipop Update Release Date: Device Will Go Straight To 5.1, Skip 5.0 Says Motorola

Because detailing that it is complex explains why they're uncertain when it will be released. The more complex something is, the more uncertain as to how long it will take to solve it.
    05-10-2015 03:54 PM
    Anybody ever wonder if it has to do with Verizon's request vs payment? They'd pay twice to go from 5.0 to 5.1. My assumption is that they're balancing the maturity of Android's OS release with how much they want to pay Motorola for those software updates.

Motorola shouldn't provide updates until they receive payment for services. At least that's my presumption. If the droid turbo was a big seller I'd think Verizon is more likely to invest in it.

05-10-2015 03:59 PM
    To be honest I'm not really sure what's gonna be different, I'll still change home app to Google, I'll still have same apps and wallpapers, I'll just get more annoying notifications and a different drop down, whew can't wait!

So I'm guessing that trusted places, trusted devices and encryption, just overall better security just doesn't interest you. Yea me either, give me wallpaper with my 5 month old Lollipop.

05-10-2015 06:13 PM
    So I'm guessing that trusted places, trusted devices and encryption, just overall better security just doesn't interest you. Yea me either, give me wallpaper with my 5 month old Lollipop.

IIRC, wasn't encryption disabled due to poor performance, or was it just made a user option?

As far as trusted devices, that was started by Motorola devices going back to I believe the 2013 Moto X, so that's not really a new thing for Motorola devices. I believe you can already take advantage of that with the Turbo. I'll know for certain when I get my Keylink later this week, but I could've sworn that Motorola devices had that for awhile now. If I'm wrong someone speak up.

Google seems to be raiding Motorola's features for stock Android with things like trusted devices, Touchless voice control, and even parts of Assist being incorporated into stock Android.
    KPMcClave likes this.
    05-11-2015 03:48 AM
    Because detailing that it is complex explains why they're uncertain when it will be released. The more complex something is, the more uncertain as to how long it will take to solve it.
    The same thing happened in March. Maybe they didn't outright call the issue a software complexity issue, but what else would cause the delay? It's obvious that the last two months have been one contradictory statement after another.

The decision to announce, once again, the Turbo will be upgrading its OS to LP with again, no date, does nothing but instigate anger. Like I said. The problem is blatantly obvious. There isn't any point to pour gasoline on a fire.

05-11-2015 05:53 AM
    Maybe you don't care about the update - but maybe I don't care about the specific device. At this point I'd rather have just waited for the S6 and have the features I want (mainly pull down menu settings changes - which I had on my original galaxy S4 anyway as part of touchwhiz or whatever).
    05-11-2015 07:20 AM
    The same thing happened in March. Maybe they didn't outright call the issue a software complexity issue, but what else would cause the delay? It's obvious that the last two months have been one contradictory statement after another.

The decision to announce, once again, the Turbo will be upgrading its OS to LP with again, no date, does nothing but instigate anger. Like I said. The problem is blatantly obvious. There isn't any point to pour gasoline on a fire.

Yep. That's the faux update that passes for actual info nowadays (not only in the cell world).
    05-11-2015 08:37 AM
    Regardless of anything, advertisements are not binding, legal agreement in most cases. VZW would probably just laugh at you and beg you to take them to court. You'd spend more in 3 hours than you would paying ETFs, and you'd still probably lose.
    05-11-2015 11:10 AM
    Regardless of anything, advertisements are not binding, legal agreement in most cases. VZW would probably just laugh at you and beg you to take them to court. You'd spend more in 3 hours than you would paying ETFs, and you'd still probably lose.
    Actually advertisements are legally binding. Not only would you likely be able to get out of your contract, but you could also receive monetary damages if you bought a phone based on an advertisement and it was found to be false advertising.
    The issue here is there was no date given as to when the Turbo will get lollipop, so as long as it is still on track to get it, there is no false advertisement in this case.

Posted from my Droid Turbo, Kelly and Ozone
    05-11-2015 12:36 PM
    Verizon has dropped the price of Droid turbo congratulations.

Disowned.

05-11-2015 01:38 PM
    Verizon has dropped the price of Droid turbo congratulations.

Disowned.

Were you not expecting a price drop?
    05-11-2015 02:00 PM

You already have Trusted Bluetooth.
    05-11-2015 02:00 PM
    Title says it all. Has anyone tried getting out of their contract due to the lack of Lollipop update? From what I recall the ads stated lollipop should arrive by end of 2014.
    I've seen posts about a possible lawsuit? Based on past lawsuits you'd be lucky to get $10 out of that. Far more valuable would be a free upgrade.
    Link to ad?
    05-11-2015 02:02 PM
    You already have Trusted Bluetooth.
    And encryption (though the only way to decrypt is to factory reset.)

I would love an OS-level trusted places, though.
    05-11-2015 02:32 PM
    Upgradeable doesn't mean out of the box upgradeable, it just means that the phone has the hardware to be able to upgrade, and it is.

No reviewer has ever said that Motorola or Verizon stated that the LP update would come by the end of 2014. They said the AC update would come by then and as others have stated, it did. Neither Motorola nor Verizon have ever given a timeline for the update. The ONLY things we've heard from them regarding the update was that 1. It would be upgraded to LP, and 2. That it would skip the 5.0 builds and go directly to 5.1. That's it, no timeline or any hard date. If a reviewer said anything about a time line it was either their supposition, or if they explicitly gave a timeframe and said it as a fact, THEY were the ones lying. They don't speak for Verizon or Motorola, Verizon and Motorola do. They haven't given any info on a possible release date in commercials, press releases, or social media.

Besides all that, is that really worth taking it to court over? If you have buyer's remorse, sell it and get a different phone. I'd bet money, once it actually drops, people will either be non plussed by it, or they'll be angry that it screwed up their phone or they don't like the features that aren't there anymore in LP. It happens with every update, everyone makes a huge deal about they have to have it now, and then when they do get it they're either ambivalent or angry.
    To be clear, I think it'd be a huge waste of time going to court over the update. I'm not asking if we can take them to court. In past similar cases I don't think iv'e ever seen more than $10 awarded to users, and it took years.
    I'm asking for something of real value. I'm asking if anyone has attempted to get an early upgrade to another phone due to the lack of updates. That's what I meant when I said 'breach of contract'.
    05-11-2015 02:40 PM
    To be clear, I think it'd be a huge waste of time going to court over the update. I'm not asking if we can take them to court. In past similar cases I don't think iv'e ever seen more than $10 awarded to users, and it took years.
    I'm asking for something of real value. I'm asking if anyone has attempted to get an early upgrade to another phone due to the lack of updates. That's what I meant when I said 'breach of contract'.
    There is no breach of contract.
    maxman1 likes this.
    05-11-2015 02:44 PM
    What are you going to upgrade to? I had the N6, nothing special other than being big. Same internals as the Turbo. Bluetooth didn't work in my cars.
    05-11-2015 02:45 PM
    Link to ad?
    I was originally going off memory.
    The best I can do right now is this:
    A New DROID Experience Arrives in 48 Hours

It states "Upgradable to Android 5.0 Lollipop"

The argument that this just means that hardware is capable of handling lollipop is false. . To be upgradable, the user has to be given the ability to upgrade it.
    By that argument, My Lenovo laptop could advertise "upgradable to OSX Yosemite". I don't think that'd fly.
    05-11-2015 02:46 PM
2,029 ... 3940414243 ...