06-30-2015 12:52 PM
2,029 ... 4445464748 ...
tools
    The official Droid by Motorola Instagram account posted this saying "Something bright is coming." Guess it's some kinda news I guess.

Sent from my (still relevant) Droid Maxx
    Probably just a new color option for the Turbo.
    05-18-2015 12:29 PM
    Custom Droid Turbo colors...great! Not!
    05-18-2015 12:31 PM
    Maybe they'll start doing the Droids on Motomaker? I'd go for that. If I didn't already have one, that is.
    05-18-2015 03:17 PM
    Good read, first I'd seen it & thanks for posting. . Although I'm not in the group that is furious about the lack of Lollipop, the article was pretty close to my thoughts on the device & it's performance. As far as the lack of update goes, IMHO the phone is so freakishly good in so many ways on so many different things I'm patiently waiting with what you might say is a minor annoyance. It certainly doesn't wreck my day or make me want to dump the phone.
    I agree, I'm not raging mad about it either. But I do feel close to the articles sentiment about owning a top of the line flagship phone, and how it should have top of the line software to match. The reason I'm not furious is because of one big reason, KK works great on this phone and suits my needs. Thanks for the replies guys 📱

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-18-2015 04:06 PM
    I'd take a good camera over lollipop.
    KPMcClave likes this.
    05-18-2015 04:13 PM
    <snark> Sadly, you have neither. </snark>
    TurboHope, ckelly33 and mpwt51 like this.
    05-18-2015 04:40 PM
    Droid Life is really having fun with this.

https://twitter.com/droid_life/statu...84476280135681

@droid_life: May 18. DROID Turbo still without Lollipop.
    TurboHope likes this.
    05-18-2015 06:23 PM
    I'm hopeful that AC will function as its being touted and calls stop dropping in Verizon's FULL LTE coverage areas. Oh and a tweak to the WiFi signal capture.
    Eclipse2K likes this.
    05-18-2015 06:26 PM
    I'm hopeful that AC will function as its being touted and calls stop dropping in Verizon's FULL LTE coverage areas. Oh and a tweak to the WiFi signal capture.
    I can understand that you're having issues with Advanced Calling but I haven't had a single dropped call while using it. I'm not saying that you haven't but its definitely an issue that effects some and not others. Maybe the towers?
    05-18-2015 07:06 PM
    I can understand that you're having issues with Advanced Calling but I haven't had a single dropped call while using it. I'm not saying that you haven't but its definitely an issue that effects some and not others. Maybe the towers?
    Its definitely not all phones, but I live in midtown Detroit, no tall building's and excellent coverage (according to maps and Verizon). But I still get crackling on calls every so often. My turbo was built in December so its not old nor new. I don't think its the towers but what? The config? Bad unit? Verizon tried to fix it but no success.

05-18-2015 08:03 PM
    Its definitely not all phones, but I live in midtown Detroit, no tall building's and excellent coverage (according to maps and Verizon). But I still get crackling on calls every so often. My turbo was built in December so its not old nor new. I don't think its the towers but what? The config? Bad unit? Verizon tried to fix it but no success.

Does this crackling happen when both people try to talk at the same time? I've noticed this happens all the time if the caller on the other end has Sprint.
    05-18-2015 08:13 PM
    Sprint and T-Mobile are the two that it happens with. My Verizon to Verizon calls are clear. But the Sprint T-Mobile people don't have issues with other Verizon phones (like the g3).

05-18-2015 08:25 PM
    Sprint and T-Mobile are the two that it happens with. My Verizon to Verizon calls are clear. But the Sprint T-Mobile people don't have issues with other Verizon phones (like the g3).

That's your problem there. I remember reading an article awhile back about how the carriers were going to work on having HD calling work between them. My guess is they aren't there yet.

As far as Rob's issue, those maps aren't a completely accurate depiction if their signal, I've even been told that. IIRC there's even a disclaimer on their website saying as much. Add to that the coverage on those maps are probably a combination of 3G & LTE. Since LTE doesn't cover the same area with as 3G does with a given tower, those maps are most likely outdated. I deal with the same issue as I live on the fringe of 3G, and if I do get LTE in my area, it's in the -130dBm range, so for all purposes it's worthless. I can't even have HD calling turned on as there's a bug that affects AC and Network Extenders resulting in duplicate calls that run up my bill, and that was supposed to be patched by middle of April. We're drawing close to the end of May and nothing yet. Unless they add some towers near me, I'm holding out for WiFi calling as my NEs are pretty sketchy anymore. I usually have to do a complete reboot on them anywhere from every 2 weeks to a month. And if they don't work, I have to sit by the window just to be able to make a call, and most of the time the other party says my voice drops in and out.
    TurboHope likes this.
    05-19-2015 04:50 AM
    vzwuser76...verizon weenie words their way around a lot of shortcomings in their touted coverage area. I see it as false advertising aimed at money in their pockets. If they weren't enabled, yes I meant to use that word, their and other carrier's coverage maps would have a lot more holes. Someday maybe the FCC will hold their feet to the fire and crack down on the false claims with substantial fines.
    05-19-2015 10:47 AM
    So they're coming out with some new limited edition variants of the phone. New colors.

I don't understand what Motorola is trying to accomplish here. New software seems more important than new colors. What's the use of coming out with new colors when it doesn't even run the latest OS?

What are they doing?

05-19-2015 12:40 PM
    So they're coming out with some new limited edition variants of the phone. New colors.

I don't understand what Motorola is trying to accomplish here. New software seems more important than new colors. What's the use of coming out with new colors when it doesn't even run the latest OS?

What are they doing?

They are trying to sell more phones. The average Joe sees new colors and says oooh, shiny, i want one. The same average Joe doesn't know or care what OS version is on it.

Posted from my Droid Turbo, Kelly and Ozone
    Ry and dusoccer10 like this.
    05-19-2015 12:44 PM
    Bet the average Joe would care if he knew about the AC 1.0 failures and poor WiFi reception
    05-19-2015 12:52 PM
    You'll get nothing and like it!

KPMcClave likes this.
    05-19-2015 01:02 PM
    You'll get nothing and like it!

No soup for you!
    05-19-2015 01:05 PM
    Bet the average Joe would care if he knew about the AC 1.0 failures and poor WiFi reception
    I don't have either of those issues.

Posted from my Droid Turbo, Kelly and Ozone
    maxman1 likes this.
    05-19-2015 01:06 PM
    vzwuser76...verizon weenie words their way around a lot of shortcomings in their touted coverage area. I see it as false advertising aimed at money in their pockets. If they weren't enabled, yes I meant to use that word, their and other carrier's coverage maps would have a lot more holes. Someday maybe the FCC will hold their feet to the fire and crack down on the false claims with substantial fines.
    Pretty sure all carriers do this and that's just the nature of the technology.
    maxman1 likes this.
    05-19-2015 01:10 PM
    Is this a widespread issue?
    05-19-2015 01:10 PM
    I've had my turbo since launch and haven't had these issues.

05-19-2015 01:17 PM
    I don't think it is, but handing off calls to CDMA when you lose LTE connectivity, rather than dropping calls, is a solution that Verizon really needs to adopt for VoLTE.

(By the way, I hate the abbreviation "AC" because I keep thinking that people are talking about the WiFi 802.11 AC standard that the Turbo supports.)
    05-19-2015 01:20 PM
    I've had my Turbo since launch and have not experienced an issue with either of those things you listed. I can go through a whole two story home and even mow my lawn outside without ever losing connection. Advanced Calling has never failed, either.

As for the colors - different teams design the phone and software. So its not a huge deal.
    05-19-2015 01:53 PM
2,029 ... 4445464748 ...