06-30-2015 12:52 PM
2,029 ... 4748495051 ...
tools
    OMG! This thread is like a train wreck! I'm annoyed at myself for not being able to stop watching it, but I'm fascinated by the cross-section of human behaviors and responses being revealed as a result of this "lollipop catastrophe". LOL

By the way....I have a degree in Psychology and sometimes stay at a Holiday Inn Express.
    To be fair, it's a thread about lollipop and pretty much everything about lollipop has been a train wreck.

Posted from my Droid Turbo, Kelly and Ozone
    05-22-2015 09:35 AM
    We shoulda had a better engineer.
    You, sir, win the internet

Posted from my Droid Turbo, Kelly and Ozone
    Eclipse2K and KPMcClave like this.
    05-22-2015 09:36 AM
    Apparently he did, I haven't seen this thread this silent in well ever. ๐Ÿ‘

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-22-2015 04:25 PM
    Apparently he did, I haven't seen this thread this silent in well ever. ๐Ÿ‘

Its kind of scary.

TurboHope likes this.
    05-22-2015 04:40 PM
    These droid turbo owners are salty

TurboHope likes this.
    05-22-2015 04:43 PM
    I can state with great confidence that we will not get Lollypop on the Turbo this weekend!
    TurboHope and mrtonk like this.
    05-23-2015 10:06 AM
    I can say we will not be getting it yesterday, unless the engineers are those ones from Prometheus...

Emperor likes this.
    05-23-2015 11:48 AM
    I finally got around to swapping my Turbo's sim card into my HTC One M7 yesterday and updating it to Lollipop (5.0.2). It's OK, but I am really disappointed that my M7 won't follow me around in hover mode after the update. Really, guys, after all the collective wailing and gnashing of teeth in this thread, I predict there is going to be a little bit of a letdown after we finally get L. Kinda like Christmas morning after months of anticipation, opening your presents and looking around and thinking "ummm...is that all"?

PS Nevertheless it really torques me that my two-year-old (isn't the two-year mark the dividing line to functionally-obsolete in smartphone terms?) M7 got L before my Turbo. Not because of the vast amount of improvements I'm missing out on, but because dang it, VzW and Moto have left my supposed six-months-ago top-of-the-line flagship in a technological backwater eddy. As a bit of a tech geek, that offends me.

PPS I'm an engineer in the private sector and with project schedules ranging from six to twelve months, being a MONTH late is completely unacceptable and if you did that more than once or twice you surely would be let go. Two years??? Boggles my mind.

Posted via the Turbo
    05-23-2015 03:22 PM
    You can't be publicly late if there was never a public date.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)
    05-23-2015 06:17 PM
    Thought this was funny, was at my parents today for a kids bday party. My mom says oh I got an update on my phone I love the new way it looks and feel, my cousin says me too just came the other week, and then my wife says something similar... All of them different phones. I died laughing, because none of them even knew it was lollipop, nor care about wanting the new system. Just thought it was funny guys, have a good holiday.

mrtonk likes this.
    05-23-2015 08:27 PM
    You can't be publicly late if there was never a public date.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)
    Right Verizon is a like that guy who gives his girlfriend an engagement ring and doesn't set a date ๐Ÿ˜ฏ. So I guess we are the dumb girl in this analogy...oh wait

05-23-2015 08:29 PM
    Right Verizon is a like that guy who gives his girlfriend an engagement ring and doesn't set a date . So I guess we are the dumb girl in this analogy...oh wait

Hey, just as long as we're pretty and won't have trouble snagging a new one if things go south, that's OK! ;-)
    05-23-2015 11:34 PM
    Hey, just as long as we're pretty and won't have trouble snagging a new one if things go south, that's OK! ;-)
    Right! It was just ironic

05-24-2015 08:04 AM
    I finally got around to swapping my Turbo's sim card into my HTC One M7 yesterday and updating it to Lollipop (5.0.2). It's OK, but I am really disappointed that my M7 won't follow me around in hover mode after the update. Really, guys, after all the collective wailing and gnashing of teeth in this thread, I predict there is going to be a little bit of a letdown after we finally get L. Kinda like Christmas morning after months of anticipation, opening your presents and looking around and thinking "ummm...is that all"?

PS Nevertheless it really torques me that my two-year-old (isn't the two-year mark the dividing line to functionally-obsolete in smartphone terms?) M7 got L before my Turbo. Not because of the vast amount of improvements I'm missing out on, but because dang it, VzW and Moto have left my supposed six-months-ago top-of-the-line flagship in a technological backwater eddy. As a bit of a tech geek, that offends me.

PPS I'm an engineer in the private sector and with project schedules ranging from six to twelve months, being a MONTH late is completely unacceptable and if you did that more than once or twice you surely would be let go. Two years??? Boggles my mind.

Posted via the Turbo
    See the way I see it is this...the turbo didn't get it because it has so many bugs, bugs that are still around on 5.0.2. Why bother with those updates when we can go straight to 5.1 and 'hopefully' SKIP those problems that plague others who got the update?

I do understand your frustration and as a geek it annoys me too. I like having the newest and greatest. But I also need my phone to work well
    05-24-2015 08:39 PM
    See the way I see it is this...the turbo didn't get it because it has so many bugs, bugs that are still around on 5.0.2. Why bother with those updates when we can go straight to 5.1 and 'hopefully' SKIP those problems that plague others who got the update?

I do understand your frustration and as a geek it annoys me too. I like having the newest and greatest. But I also need my phone to work well
    Newest and GREATEST. Unfortunately, while 5.0.2 was the newest, it was far from the greatest which I realize is the point you're making.

I want a stable operating system. Glitches will come and go no matter what but let's keep the major ones far away.
    dungoyle likes this.
    05-24-2015 09:19 PM
    it seems to me that 5.0 et al got dumped way too early. When the OEM's got 5.0 it was a big mess and the time they had to dedicate to it has led to the delays we now see. Why did some Moto phones get it early and the Turbo not? I think that is sheer numbers. Turbo is probably the lowest sales numbers of any one of the Moto products,
    05-25-2015 11:42 AM
    I'm still calling BS on the idea of *widespread* *major* issues with Lollipop. Until I see some sort of quantifiable/more comprehensive report by a third party, I think this has become an urban legend. One with its basis in truth, of course, for all OS upgrades will have glitches for some subest of adopters.

Put another way, if the issues had really been as bad as some suggest, we'd all *know* that to be the case, because there would have been big time coverage of it. There hasn't seemingly been anything more than problems discussed on Internet forums (or fora if you prefer), just as there is with any sort of issue large or small, and the occasional vague mention of issues generally.
    Ricky Gray1 likes this.
    05-25-2015 12:44 PM
    I'm still calling BS on the idea of *widespread* *major* issues with Lollipop. Until I see some sort of quantifiable/more comprehensive report by a third party, I think this has become an urban legend. One with its basis in truth, of course, for all OS upgrades will have glitches for some subest of adopters.

Put another way, if the issues had really been as bad as some suggest, we'd all *know* that to be the case, because there would have been big time coverage of it. There hasn't seemingly been anything more than problems discussed on Internet forums (or fora if you prefer), just as there is with any sort of issue large or small, and the occasional vague mention of issues generally.
    If you want to see some of the issues all you have to do is go surf some of the other phone forums like the Sammy S4 and S5 . The S4 has a problem where the OS keeps turning the Volume down for no reason . Sammy is telling the owners Not to FDR because it actually makes the problem worse .
    05-25-2015 01:24 PM
    If you want to see some of the issues all you have to do is go surf some of the other phone forums like the Sammy S4 and S5 . The S4 has a problem where the OS keeps turning the Volume down for no reason . Sammy is telling the owners Not to FDR because it actually makes the problem worse .
    LG G3, would be another phone that has had issues with lollipop. I gave up on it and bought a turbo after a few weeks of that crappy update. Now the wife finally updated hers and it is another POS I'll have to replace soon. I can wait for a better version of lollipop than what LG released.

05-25-2015 01:33 PM
    How many moto x or nexus 6 users are reporting issues with lollipop? That would be more relevant to the turbo than samsung, HTC, or lg phones.
    KPMcClave likes this.
    05-25-2015 01:43 PM
    How many moto x or nexus 6 users are reporting issues with lollipop? That would be more relevant to the turbo than samsung, HTC, or lg phones.
    It actually has more to do with the version of lollipop they go with. Turbo is supposed to skip the other versions and go with 5.1, which is good, unless you are impatient and think it should be upgraded quickly. I'd rather wait and have a good version instead of the crap the other OEMs released. Some refuse to see we will probably be better off waiting.

05-25-2015 01:55 PM
    It actually has more to do with the version of lollipop they go with. Turbo is supposed to skip the other versions and go with 5.1, which is good, unless you are impatient and think it should be upgraded quickly. I'd rather wait and have a good version instead of the crap the other OEMs released. Some refuse to see we will probably be better off waiting.

I don't refuse to see anything. There are simply things I don't see. Like some broad view of just how mild or severe, widespread or rare, the issues people have had really are.

I've said before, I take people at their word when they say they're having issues with their phone. That doesn't mean their issue is a widespread one. Nor does it mean all issues are severe. I can go to any forum for any phone and find people with issues.

That's all I'm saying. That the supposed severity and spread of Lollipop issues doesn't jibe with the fairly quiet coverage it has received.

05-25-2015 06:37 PM
    It actually has more to do with the version of lollipop they go with.
    The 2014 Moto X on Verizon is not at 5.1. Are people having lots of problems with it?

I honestly don't know, though I really haven't heard that there are terrible problems on the Moto X with lollipop. It's possible that I just missed it.
    KPMcClave likes this.
    05-25-2015 06:59 PM
    05-25-2015 07:25 PM
    I don't refuse to see anything. There are simply things I don't see. Like some broad view of just how mild or severe, widespread or rare, the issues people have had really are.

I've said before, I take people at their word when they say they're having issues with their phone. That doesn't mean their issue is a widespread one. Nor does it mean all issues are severe. I can go to any forum for any phone and find people with issues.

That's all I'm saying. That the supposed severity and spread of Lollipop issues doesn't jibe with the fairly quiet coverage it has received.

You are correct, there really is no way to know how widespread the issues may be for any update. I suppose one could argue that the Lollipop has been seeing a fair amount of updates since it's release in November. If there wasn't any widespread problems we wouldn't of had a 5.0, 5.01, 5.02, and 5.1 in about 4 or 5 months time. Obviously there were some issues in the first 3 that needed to be corrected.
    05-25-2015 07:59 PM
2,029 ... 4748495051 ...