06-30-2015 12:52 PM
2,029 ... 4849505152 ...
tools
    I understand as well, but when you see many forums with everyone agreeing with the same problems, its a widespread issue. Then when you come to a droid turbo forum and see WiFi issue? As a post and no one can agree with it or knew it existed...then it may not be a widespread issue. I see many many complaints about 5.0, 5.0.1 and 5.0.2. Therefore I don't want it in my dd. 5.1 is supposed to fix it so let's hope it does and move on to lollipop
    05-25-2015 08:22 PM
    http://www.itechpost.com/articles/14...2-lollipop.htm

Looking good

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-25-2015 09:58 PM
    The 2014 Moto X on Verizon is not at 5.1. Are people having lots of problems with it?

I honestly don't know, though I really haven't heard that there are terrible problems on the Moto X with lollipop. It's possible that I just missed it.
    I use the Verizon Moto X 2014 and the Nexus 6 on Verizon. No stability or battery or noticeable issues with either.

Nexus 6 Assassin Edition. Android Central Moderator.
    KPMcClave and Ry like this.
    05-25-2015 10:47 PM
    You are correct, there really is no way to know how widespread the issues may be for any update. I suppose one could argue that the Lollipop has been seeing a fair amount of updates since it's release in November. If there wasn't any widespread problems we wouldn't of had a 5.0, 5.01, 5.02, and 5.1 in about 4 or 5 months time. Obviously there were some issues in the first 3 that needed to be corrected.
    Well, sure. There are always things that can be improved and fixed. I don't contest that. The incremental updates aren't a new thing to Android, though. Yet, I certainly get the feeling the issues are being discussed as being more and worse than usual.

At the heart of my original point is this: how long do you wait for the next update, knowing that you're never going to get a perfect one?
    Ricky Gray1 likes this.
    05-25-2015 10:49 PM
    I understand as well, but when you see many forums with everyone agreeing with the same problems, its a widespread issue. Then when you come to a droid turbo forum and see WiFi issue? As a post and no one can agree with it or knew it existed...then it may not be a widespread issue. I see many many complaints about 5.0, 5.0.1 and 5.0.2. Therefore I don't want it in my dd. 5.1 is supposed to fix it so let's hope it does and move on to lollipop
    You see many people with the same problems, or many different problems?
    Ricky Gray1 likes this.
    05-25-2015 10:52 PM
    Mid June?

Attached Thumbnails Droid Turbo: Lollipop software update?-73777.jpg  
    05-26-2015 12:15 AM
    If you want to see some of the issues all you have to do is go surf some of the other phone forums like the Sammy S4 and S5 . The S4 has a problem where the OS keeps turning the Volume down for no reason . Sammy is telling the owners Not to FDR because it actually makes the problem worse .
    I had this problem for a few weeks on my Turbo with Kit Kat and there was a thread about it here too. It hasn't happened in a while to me. I am wondering if something else besides the OS was causing this issue.
    KPMcClave likes this.
    05-26-2015 07:32 PM
    I don't understand your question, I stated that you know an issue is widespread when you see many people having the same issue?
    05-26-2015 07:46 PM
    LG G3, would be another phone that has had issues with lollipop. I gave up on it and bought a turbo after a few weeks of that crappy update. Now the wife finally updated hers and it is another POS I'll have to replace soon. I can wait for a better version of lollipop than what LG released.

My friend at work has a LG3 also, LP killed his battery not sure if anything else got messed up .
    05-26-2015 08:02 PM
    WTF way to get it wrong .
    05-26-2015 08:31 PM
    My friend at work has a LG3 also, LP killed his battery not sure if anything else got messed up .
    Yeah, getting through the day on one charge was normal until LP. After the update I would go through it almost twice in a day. Apparently wifi had some issues with Gmail syncing as well.

05-26-2015 08:46 PM
    I don't understand your question, I stated that you know an issue is widespread when you see many people having the same issue?
    My fault, I misread your comment.
    88horizon5speed likes this.
    05-26-2015 11:57 PM
    Well Android M was just announced and still no lollipop. Guessing the Turbo will never see Android M.

05-28-2015 12:44 PM
    Well Android M was just announced and still no lollipop. Guessing the Turbo will never see Android M.

For no reason other than a guess, I'd feel more inclined to believe we'll never see lollipop, and go straight to M.

05-28-2015 02:31 PM
    For no reason other than a guess, I'd feel more inclined to believe we'll never see lollipop, and go straight to M.

So you think we will be one of the "first phones to get android M"....just like we were one of the "first phones to get lollipop". Oh, wait, sorry, darn auto correct, one of the "last phones to get lollipop" I meant!!!

mcgowane79 likes this.
    05-28-2015 02:43 PM
    So you think we will be one of the "first phones to get android M"....just like we were one of the "first phones to get lollipop". Oh, wait, sorry, darn auto correct, one of the "last phones to get lollipop" I meant!!!

Well we know Lollipop is on at least 1 Turbo, so I would say we will get L. M........not so much.
    05-28-2015 03:23 PM
    How is it that I've had to watch this kind of complaining for my last three phones? How did I go from being a Palm Pre user to a Thunderbolt to the first HTC One to the Turbo?
    05-28-2015 03:57 PM
    How is it that I've had to watch this kind of complaining for my last three phones? How did I go from being a Palm Pre user to a Thunderbolt to the first HTC One to the Turbo?
    None of your phones were Nexus.
    05-28-2015 04:10 PM
    Motorola Seems to be Gearing Up for a Wave of Android 5.1 Updates, Here are the Release Notes

http://www.droid-life.com/2015/05/05...release-notes/

Can Droid Turbo be much further behind?
    05-28-2015 05:08 PM
    Motorola Seems to be Gearing Up for a Wave of Android 5.1 Updates, Here are the Release Notes

http://www.droid-life.com/2015/05/05...release-notes/

Can Droid Turbo be much further behind?
    Since the update has to go through Verizon I'm not going to hold my breath. I'm thinking my iPhone 6 Plus is going to get iOS 9 before my Turbo gets Lollipop.

05-28-2015 08:15 PM
    An early preview for M is out and we still don't have Lollipop. Verizon really screwed us over.

Sent from my (still relevant) Droid Maxx
    05-28-2015 08:53 PM
    I don't even give a ℅¥€# if we get it now. Just going to switch carriers to get away from this phone and Verizon.
    05-29-2015 01:48 AM
    I don't even give a ℅¥€# if we get it now. Just going to switch carriers to get away from this phone and Verizon.
    Same feelings.
    Will give my Turbo to my mom, she doesn't care about updates.
    Made an pre-order for G4.
    05-29-2015 03:25 AM
    Just curious what do you think will be different the first day you turn on the G4? Will you be able to run some program you couldn't run before, or do a task that was not possible with KK? When you actually sit and analyze it, yes we all (or most of us) want L5.1 just to have the most updated version, but after the shine wears off the functionality will be the same (and yes I know volt volt volt ). Just another opinion.
    mcgowane79, dusoccer10 and mrtonk like this.
    05-29-2015 07:05 AM
    Just curious what do you think will be different the first day you turn on the G4? Will you be able to run some program you couldn't run before, or do a task that was not possible with KK? When you actually sit and analyze it, yes we all (or most of us) want L5.1 just to have the most updated version, but after the shine wears off the functionality will be the same (and yes I know volt volt volt ). Just another opinion.
    To be fair, he'll have a helluva lot better camera and a replaceable 3000mah battery. If I were phone shopping right now, the G4 would be on my short list (but I wouldn't pay ETF to change from my Turbo).
    05-29-2015 07:56 AM
2,029 ... 4849505152 ...