06-30-2015 01:52 PM
2,029 ... 4950515253 ...
tools
    To be fair, he'll have a helluva lot better camera and a replaceable 3000mah battery. If I were phone shopping right now, the G4 would be on my short list (but I wouldn't pay ETF to change from my Turbo).
    Truth be told, I had the G4 with black leather back loaded up in my Verizon shopping cart yesterday. That camera just keeps calling my name. The removable battery makes up enough for the difference in overall battery life between the Turbo and the G4 (and regardless the G4's battery looks to be pretty good for a non-Moto maxxed style battery). Expandable storage would be nice to have back, but the 64 GB I have on the Turbo is just over half full, so I've settled in to life without it (although the G4 only has 32 GB internal storage).

And leather.

Lollipop 5.1 is a nice additional thing on the list, but it isn't why I would grab the G4...almost grabbed the G4...might still grab the G4...
    05-29-2015 09:23 AM
    To be fair, he'll have a helluva lot better camera and a replaceable 3000mah battery. If I were phone shopping right now, the G4 would be on my short list (but I wouldn't pay ETF to change from my Turbo).
    Completely agree.

But in having the turbo, and talking to friends who got the update on other phones... None of them seem to be completely happy with it. So don't see the reason for all the turbo shaming. I understand wanting the latest and greatest but bottom line is your phone runs flawlessly and is a beast.

That said, I love what I'm seeing in the g4 as well and if I was buying right now I would probably be leaning that way due to camera

Posted via the Android Central App
    PowrDroid likes this.
    05-29-2015 09:53 AM
    I agree

05-29-2015 09:56 AM
    To be honest I was all for getting lollipop, but now I can wait. For all I care I could use the turbo running KitKat until I buy my next phone (M). But I still wouldn't mind some more camera love.

05-29-2015 10:07 AM
    Just curious what do you think will be different the first day you turn on the G4? Will you be able to run some program you couldn't run before, or do a task that was not possible with KK? When you actually sit and analyze it, yes we all (or most of us) want L5.1 just to have the most updated version, but after the shine wears off the functionality will be the same (and yes I know volt volt volt ). Just another opinion.

Camera is in my top list, actually.
    Besides I prefer IPS displays (Turbo screen is pretty poor).
    I already ordered spare battery with craddle.
    And of course SD card, cuz I'm out of space on my Turbo (32gb).
    So for me there are plrnty of advantages =)

Have a nice day!
    05-29-2015 10:56 AM
    Camera is in my top list, actually.
    Besides I prefer IPS displays (Turbo screen is pretty poor).
    I already ordered spare battery with craddle.
    And of course SD card, cuz I'm out of space on my Turbo (32gb).
    So for me there are plrnty of advantages =)

Have a nice day!
    Yeah, that sounds right for you. That's what this all boils down to, what you need in a phone = what phone to buy.

05-29-2015 12:47 PM
    Ummmm the turbo does not have a removable battery nor a SD card are you sure you are talking about the same device or did I miss something , I'm so sick of every device out their that I almost want to go back to a land line. Nothing appeals to me . G4 plastic uuughh S6 a hummingbird could land on it and break it, M9 nothing really new same crap so unless something absolutely blows my mind I'll stay with the turbo lollipop KitKat what ever until a device is released that is really a game changer.

posted with the first phone I have not broken in 2 days , Droid Turbo lol
    05-29-2015 12:56 PM
    Ummmm the turbo does not have a removable battery nor a SD card are you sure you are talking about the same device or did I miss something , I'm so sick of every device out their that I almost want to go back to a land line. Nothing appeals to me . G4 plastic uuughh S6 a hummingbird could land on it and break it, M9 nothing really new same crap so unless something absolutely blows my mind I'll stay with the turbo lollipop KitKat what ever until a device is released that is really a game changer.

You missed that he was talking about the G4

05-29-2015 02:16 PM
    I'm going to boycott Lollipop as much as I can before it automatically installs. I'm happy with my Turbo being awesome! I understand the stances on latest and greatest, but it's already awesome now and not an iPhone! I'm cool never getting Lollipop. Everything works great now. Don't fix what isn't broken.

05-29-2015 02:35 PM
    ... it's already awesome now and not an iPhone!..

The most important part of your post ;-)
    05-29-2015 03:36 PM
    The most important feature I think lollipop brings is letting you write to the SD card. I hook up SD cards and hard drives externally to my turbo and they read perfectly. Other than that I do and don't care for lollipop much. I think if moto truly is taking there sweet time to give us an almost bug free experience cudos to them for learning from past mistakes. If not that's a completely different story but let's give them the benefit of the doubt until we get lollipop and see if its runs smoothly or not.

05-29-2015 04:22 PM
    the back of the Turbo is easily removed and the battery is replaceable so when the battery has no health left you can replace it. Also most phones getting lollipop are getting 5.0.2 and having major bugs; I don see why people still complain about not having lollipop first. We are skipping to 5.1 and staying on a perfectly fine 4.4.4 instead of going to the 5.0.x's. If we had gone to it im sure everyone would be complaining even more about how much it sucks. Trust me I cant wait for lollipop either and I love having the most up to date versions but Id rather have a nice fast working phone and wait for the less buggy version to come out.
    05-29-2015 04:48 PM
    If we had gone to it im sure everyone would be complaining even more about how much it sucks. .
    I agree, and will take it a leap further, if the os had absolutely ZERO bugs people would still complain about it. Its human nature apparently. 😨

05-29-2015 04:52 PM
    I for one am glad that this device works well. My wife got lollipop 5.0.2 on her LG G pad 8.3 and its bricked so now I have a new thing to shoot at at the Fireing range, I'm gonna check out lg,s durability with .556 NATO rounds lol boom
    88horizon5speed likes this.
    05-29-2015 05:39 PM
    It's 5.56 NATO. That being said I'm with you.
    05-29-2015 06:20 PM
    My wife's N5 has been running fine on each version of Lollipop so far but it completely wrecked her N7(2012) when it got 5.02. It was essentially so slow you couldn't use it. Like 30 seconds to respond to button pushes slow. I did a factory reset with no change and eventually upgraded to 5.1 where it improved slightly to the point she could use it to read books. I ended up taking it back to KitKat.

Everyone is mentioning 5.1 as the latest but the N7(2012) has had 5.1.1 available for a while now. 5.1 had enough issues that they actually stopped it in the middle of the rollout to the N7s and then replaced with 5.1.1. I'm debating whether to try 5.1.1 or not.
    05-29-2015 06:37 PM
    I'm the spirit of these last few posts...my wife's note 3 got lp and has a whole laundry list of issues, the worst being the phone restarts 13 to 15 times a day. So....yeah, 5.1 sounds much better to me

05-29-2015 10:38 PM
    I'm the spirit of these last few posts...my wife's note 3 got lp and has a whole laundry list of issues, the worst being the phone restarts 13 to 15 times a day. So....yeah, 5.1 sounds much better to me

If its rebooting that often it sounds like she may need to do a factory reset. My friends Note 3 doesn't do this although she hates Lollipop.
    05-29-2015 11:37 PM
    Yeah its strange, it rebooted 3 times while I was posting that last night. Unreal, trying to convince her to do the hard reset.

05-30-2015 10:07 AM
    I ran a rooted custom version of 5.01 with Sense on my HTC M7 and had zero lollipop related issues.
    05-30-2015 03:55 PM
    Yup your right note to self wear my reading glasses before posting lol I noticed that right after I posted it but could not delete the post. I just had eye surgeries done so I can't see anything without these damn glasses , I ended up using ,223 and 308 rounds instead victory was out if NATO rounds .

05-30-2015 04:22 PM
    I corrected the typo for yah lol either way it is not alive anymore I would have loved to post a picture but the first round blew it into scraps , I think they should have used Kevlar like the turbo I might have been able to shoot it more than once. Lol

TurboHope likes this.
    05-30-2015 04:35 PM
    I agree with you, but when I bought this phone, I was buying a brand new device with an older OS. I did this under the guarantee I was given that it would be updated to LP. Silly me for assuming that it would happen when the phone was still newish. So eventually I will have an old phone with a new OS. The point is, had I Known, I would of chosen a different phone. I finally realize why so many people hate Verizon.

05-30-2015 07:41 PM
    I agree with you, but when I bought this phone, I was buying a brand new device with an older OS. I did this under the guarantee I was given that it would be updated to LP. Silly me for assuming that it would happen when the phone was still newish. So eventually I will have an old phone with a new OS. The point is, had I Known, I would of chosen a different phone. I finally realize why so many people hate Verizon.

This isn't directed at you specifically but I want to say:

Why would ANYONE want to give up a fully stable OS for one that is known to have many problems? I bought the Turbo for its stable platform. I'd be pissed if the new OS screwed up its reliability because they pushed it too early. Of all my friends with 5.0 not ONE has had a positive thing to say. They all want KK back.

You know what? I can see why. Their phones suck after Lollipop.
    TurboHope, StormnNJ, Ry and 2 others like this.
    05-30-2015 10:31 PM
    Android M preview is out and the turbo is still on kk. Are there any phones left that haven't gotten the upgrade yet?

05-31-2015 01:54 PM
2,029 ... 4950515253 ...