06-30-2015 01:52 PM
2,029 ... 5051525354 ...
tools
    Android M preview is out and the turbo is still on kk. Are there any phones left that haven't gotten the upgrade yet?

Posted via the Android Central App
    The difference is most all of the devices upgraded to LP are on one of the 5.0.x builds, which were pretty buggy. So far, IIRC of phones released prior to this year, only the Nexus series and maybe the Moto X are on a 5.1 build, which is much more stable and addresses the issues with the earlier builds. That's the difference.
    M_Sweeney likes this.
    05-31-2015 05:04 PM
    Android M preview is out and the turbo is still on kk. Are there any phones left that haven't gotten the upgrade yet?

Well considering the latest numbers say that less than 10% of Android devices have lollipop, I'm gonna go ahead and say there may be one or two other phones that don't have it yet.
    05-31-2015 05:51 PM
    Well considering the latest numbers say that less than 10% of Android devices have lollipop, I'm gonna go ahead and say there may be one or two other phones that don't have it yet.
    Even the galaxy s4 and note 3 have it....

05-31-2015 06:00 PM

Yup the Thunderbolt!
    flipbeats and mrtonk like this.
    05-31-2015 06:04 PM
    Yup the Thunderbolt!
    I won't if the whole turbo debacle is going to be the precedence for all droids from here on out? That just can't be good for business.

05-31-2015 06:42 PM
    Even the galaxy s4 and note 3 have it....

And as I said before, those devices, even the Galaxy S5 and Note 4, are on various 5.0.x builds, the ones with a lot of bugs. So far, 5.1 is the first build that is relatively bug free. There are of course some bugs in 5.1, but there are far fewer bugs in 5.1 as in the previous builds.
    Eclipse2K and dusoccer10 like this.
    05-31-2015 06:48 PM
    I recently noticed 2K+ reviews for our phone on the vzw site. I have a feeling the sales are great amongst the non tech savvy crowd. Think they'd handle a bad lollipop upgrade well?

Maybe that's a large part of the wait?
    05-31-2015 07:20 PM
    And as I said before, those devices, even the Galaxy S5 and Note 4, are on various 5.0.x builds, the ones with a lot of bugs. So far, 5.1 is the first build that is relatively bug free. There are of course some bugs in 5.1, but there are far fewer bugs in 5.1 as in the previous builds.
    This is what bugs me about my fellow technology buffs. We all want the newest technology but why would you want to be an early adopter of a broken OS? This isn't me making crap up. Its been proven time and time again that the versions of Lollipop prior to 5.1 have glitches that should be considered UNACCEPTABLE to all of us. Yet you're all complaining that we don't have it yet and you demand it. Why? So you can complain that Motorola should have waited knowing there were glitches from the get go?

Point is Motorola and Verizon can't win. However, 15 people here moaning that a broken Lollipop isn't on the Turbo yet doesn't even compare to the thousands of people who will call tech support because their phone isn't working as it should. As I said before, several of my friends and family got Lollipop on their S5 and Note 3 devices and EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM wants to go back to Kit Kat. They're almost at the point where they want me to root their phones so they can go back.

I don't know about all of you but I'm good where I'm at until 5.1 comes out. Keep that glitch filled crap off my phone. I could understand if I bought a phone with 5.x because I'd know the issues going in. But do not break an already working phone for the sake of having the newest technology.
    05-31-2015 07:59 PM
    Thank you.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)
    adayoff likes this.
    05-31-2015 09:31 PM
    I don't know about all of you but I'm good where I'm at until 5.1 comes out.
    One thing, though; 5.1 is now almost three months old. Motorola is weirdly slow about this, even on their own Moto X, compared with the Moto of 2013-2014.

I suppose one presumption is that Motorola has lost employees and cannot develop at the same pace as with kitkat when Google owned them?
    05-31-2015 09:53 PM
    One thing, though; 5.1 is now almost three months old. Motorola is weirdly slow about this, even on their own Moto X, compared with the Moto of 2013-2014.

I suppose one presumption is that Motorola has lost employees and cannot develop at the same pace as with kitkat when Google owned them?
    Motorola would more than likely be taking extra time to find any bugs. With how many complaints pre-5.1 versions got I think Motorola wants to get it right. At least that's what I would want to believe considering Motorola doesn't skin it up like Samsung.
    05-31-2015 10:01 PM
    It's interesting to see the same arguments over and over again in this thread. I only read it for the eventual link to the article that breaks the news that the update is actually imminent. But on any given day I can summarize the posts that will appear in this thread - before they appear.
    adayoff and KSDroid01 like this.
    05-31-2015 10:28 PM
    It's interesting to see the same arguments over and over again in this thread. I only read it for the eventual link to the article that breaks the news that the update is actually imminent. But on any given day I can summarize the posts that will appear in this thread - before they appear.
    That's because there's really only two arguments, lol.

A. I want the latest OS no matter what!

and

B. I want a stable OS over a broken new OS.

mrtonk and maxman1 like this.
    05-31-2015 10:48 PM

and

You forgot

C. I was PROMISED the update and this isn't fast enough!
    Eclipse2K and dusoccer10 like this.
    05-31-2015 11:32 PM
    You forgot

C. I was PROMISED the update and this isn't fast enough!
    Haha. Yeah, like they ever gave a date.
    Ry likes this.
    05-31-2015 11:34 PM

and

D. I like my phone the way it is.
    Eclipse2K likes this.
    06-01-2015 12:06 AM

5.1 may be almost three months old, but I didn't get it on my N7 (WiFi 2013) until about a month ago. The problem we seem to keep glossing over is that, even the Nexus series is behind on these updates. Usually they'd announce a new build and it'd start rolling out to all devices in a week or two. But with Lollipop, the time between release and actually getting to the devices is months rather than weeks. It's not just Motorola that is behind.
    06-01-2015 01:43 AM
    That is probably the main reason for waiting, the people like us care but overall there are TONS of people who dont give a sheeet what version of android they are running. Just like how some people dont care about their car, all it does for them i turn on and they hit the gas to go.
    06-01-2015 07:54 AM

http://www.androidcentral.com/lollip...droid-installs
    06-01-2015 02:14 PM
    That is probably the main reason for waiting, the people like us care but overall there are TONS of people who dont give a sheeet what version of android they are running. Just like how some people dont care about their car, all it does for them i turn on and they hit the gas to go.
    I have a brother who actively avoids updates. He got one on a past phone that messed it up and took a lot of work to get running again. Since then he wants nothing to do with updates. All he wants is a phone to make calls, send SMS and MMS, and do an occasional search when he needs something like parts or to find a business number. Otherwise he does all of his stuff on his PC, and I'd bet there are quite a few like him out there.
    06-01-2015 02:16 PM
    Then why roll out updates at all? Ever?
    06-01-2015 02:30 PM
    No date? Not late.
    maxman1 likes this.
    06-01-2015 02:42 PM
    I know Verizon never gave an actual date, but what were the words they used. Did they say soon, very soon, or that the phone is capable of the update? Give sources!

06-01-2015 03:03 PM
    First off the current OS isn't free of bugs so let's not pretend everything is awesome. Secondly I think people want the choice to upgrade to 5.0 which some people on this thread aren't understanding. You don't have to update your phone but if someone else want's to update to 5.0 that's their prerogative. However staying on an old OS could eventually run into problems as apps become dependent on API's used in newer OS versions.
    Ricky Gray1 and jem9777 like this.
    06-01-2015 03:15 PM
    I know Verizon never gave an actual date, but what were the words they used. Did they say soon, very soon, or that the phone is capable of the update? Give sources!

A New DROID Experience Arrives in 48 Hours

At release, it was noted that DROID Turbo is "Upgradable to Android 5.0 Lollipop".

This poster tried to argue that there's some sort of false advertising going on since the update isn't out yet. http://forums.androidcentral.com/mot...ml#post4420045
    TurboHope likes this.
    06-01-2015 03:16 PM
2,029 ... 5051525354 ...