06-30-2015 01:52 PM
2,029 ... 5556575859 ...
tools
    I believe that 129 db is incorrect. Unless I'm mistaken the lowest you can have is -120
    I've seen it on my screen, so I don't know what to tell ya.
    06-06-2015 10:45 AM
    Agree.my 1G without NE is -120. So my 4G is a lot better. Yes Verizon verified it's their tower. I agree it's phone, as this is the first I ever needed NE. That is why I still can't make or receive calls outside my house.
    Maybe I spoke too soon. The way it usually goes is the older the tech, the higher the signal strength. So your 1x should be the highest, followed by 3G, and LTE should be the lowest of the three. So if they admitted their tower is screwed up then that very well could be the case. But I've also never heard of a NE being issued to someone only a mile from a tower. Like I said, on my 3G I'm getting a signal of -90 to -100dBm in a house with steel siding 20 miles from the tower.

Have they done anything beyond sending you a NE, or do they consider the matter closed? Because if they do I'd send an email or letter to a higher up,say your regional president, and tell them that this is unacceptable. What are they going to do when they make the switch to LTE completely and drop 3G, just drop you? If they have that crappy of service, they shouldn't be offering it to anyone. I don't suppose you have any other carriers you could switch to do you? Or another phone to test whether it is the tower or not? Because these techs seems pretty lazy about this.
    KPMcClave likes this.
    06-06-2015 11:00 AM
    Actually I can't get 3G at all. It's all 4G LTE @ -92 dBm, okay on rainy/cloudy days It can go as low as -102. 1X, not using NE is -120. I don't know why the extender either. I asked them to check the tower, the rep did say it's a data only tower. Which means I should NOT need a NE. This is all because 1/2 the calls going to voicemail. They actually consider the matter closed. I still say it's a phone issue, as when not connected to extender cannot make any calls on AC (when not home) in 4G areas. Shows 4G, but phone would beep and disconnect. Oh, AT&T has 4G LTE and I'm surrounded by 4G only also.
    06-06-2015 11:14 AM
    So I have tried to find anymore information on the June 10th push of 5.1 to our device and cannot find anything besides that one article. You would think if it was true it would be covered by more than one reporting website.

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-06-2015 11:39 AM
    So I have tried to find anymore information on the June 10th push of 5.1 to our device and cannot find anything besides that one article. You would think if it was true it would be covered by more than one reporting website.

Because Motorola usually doesn't announce dates.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)
    TurboHope likes this.
    06-06-2015 12:01 PM
    I believe that 129 db is incorrect. Unless I'm mistaken the lowest you can have is -120
    For CDMA, yes. Not for LTE. LTE dBm numbers are about 20-25 dBm less than the same CDMA/EVDO numbers.

See Industrial Networking Solutions Tips and Tricks: Making Sense of Signal Strength/Signal Quality Readings for Cellular Modems
    06-06-2015 12:19 PM
    Because Motorola usually doesn't announce dates.

But it does usually run a soak test. I know you said previously that they have rolled out soak tests and the first wave of broader update at the sma time recently, but I can't see that happening with an update this big.

I suupose anything is technically possible, but I think June 10th is a bogus date of release.
    06-06-2015 01:55 PM
    Actually I can't get 3G at all. It's all 4G LTE @ -92 dBm, okay on rainy/cloudy days It can go as low as -102. 1X, not using NE is -120. I don't know why the extender either. I asked them to check the tower, the rep did say it's a data only tower. Which means I should NOT need a NE. This is all because 1/2 the calls going to voicemail. They actually consider the matter closed. I still say it's a phone issue, as when not connected to extender cannot make any calls on AC (when not home) in 4G areas. Shows 4G, but phone would beep and disconnect. Oh, AT&T has 4G LTE and I'm surrounded by 4G only also.
    I've never even heard of a data only tower. Is it a new tower? Perhaps when they said data only what they meant was LTE only, but then you shouldn't be seeing 1x either, unless your NE is the earlier 1x model.

There are 2 NE models, the first was 1x only, and let you have 3 callers connected at any one time. The second was a 3G model and let you connect over 3G for calls and allowed like 10 callers connected. Can you post the model # for the NE, that would tell me which model you have, because it seems like you have the earlier 1x model, and I didn't even realize you could get them yet. That's what my 2 NEs are, and I got them on closeout in 2010 when they switched to the 3G model.

But either way, you shouldn't just let this go. You have a contract with Verizon, you pay them for reliable access to their cell network, and in return they provide that access. Bith side have to live up to their end of the contract. They will charge you fees if you try to break the contract, so they should be held accountable as well if they can't provide you the access you are paying for. I would try to get ahold of Verizon regional president for your area. In Verizon's network, the US is split between like 5 or 6 regions each with their own president. Try and find out who yours is and contact them directly. You may get to their secretary (which is who I got to when I contacted them) but I did get better answers than calling into the main number. But regardless, if you can't make calls reliably especially when you're away from home and have only their network to rely on, then they need to resolve the situation, not slap a bandaid on it and call it good.
    06-06-2015 02:04 PM
    I woke up this morning 6-6-15 and found a Lollypop Update (5.02) available on my LG G Pad 10.1 LTE (on Verizon). I was shocked and loaded it up and so far it works fine. The G pad was on 4.2 to boot.
    KPMcClave and sbmoore1 like this.
    06-06-2015 07:23 PM
    The way I see it if it is released then we get lollipop!...if not its not like we lost anything because weve already waited so long. But hopefully it happends
    06-06-2015 07:55 PM
    At this point, I don't really care about getting an update. Phone works good and on wifi at home and work. Wifi hasn't worked well elsewhere, but bumped data plan up to compensate at actually fairly reasonable cost. New unlocked and carrier free phone in the near future.
    06-06-2015 09:36 PM
    Just another note for patience maybe being the better approach on Lollipop (and note that it's more than S6 that's affected): http://a.mynews.ly/!ED.Cjt4C

06-06-2015 09:44 PM
    Just another note for patience maybe being the better approach on Lollipop (and note that it's more than S6 that's affected): http://a.mynews.ly/!ED.Cjt4C

I don't plan to update once it rolls out. I want to see what the general consensus is first.
    06-06-2015 11:21 PM
    Constantly amazed at all the issues people are having with the Turbo. This is the best device I've ever had. Battery is fantastic and everything runs snappy on KK. Of course the fact I have never activated VOLTE and do not plan to could have something to do with it. Frankly, I don't care about it. I use this thing as a handheld computer much,much more than a phone anyway, and it is fantastic at that. Lollipop can wait for all I care. But if it comes out next week, that's cool. We'll see.

I have to agree with you. Of course I use this as my phone. Having said that, I basically am on the internet for the biggest part of the day, I may not actually be reading something, but it's on (wi-fi). When I'm mobile I use it whenever I need to like anyone else. Our (wife and I) first smart phones was the Droid Ultra. I didn't have anything to compare it to and really liked it.

But the Turbo made me completely forget about the Ultra. My battery time has been great and there hasn't been one problem that I hear others talk about. Lucky maybe....don't know. Between the great battery life and the portable turbo charger and the Mophie or whatever it's called....portable charger. My battery is the last thing on my mind. I just hope the jump to Lollipop doesn't mess things up.

06-07-2015 02:16 AM
    June 10! Finally!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    06-07-2015 03:35 AM
    Motorola DROID Turbo expected to receive Android 5.1 Update starting June 10th Motorola DROID Turbo expected to receive Android 5.1 Update starting June 10th | Drippler - Apps, Games, News, Updates & Accessories Via j.mp/drippler_app
    06-07-2015 04:49 AM
    I can't say for sure but I could have sworn that LTE signal goes beyond -120 dBm.
    06-07-2015 05:24 AM

I get a full day plus on my s6. Granted I am not a power user but still. My nexus 7 running 5.1.1 lasts 2 days easy. Most people complain about battery fail to research and adjust settings to maximize the battery life.

Posted via Android Central App nexus 7
    06-07-2015 08:52 AM
    Anyone find it strange that there was no soak test?
    KPMcClave likes this.
    06-07-2015 11:02 AM
    I'll believe June 10th when I see it. No soak test and no one calling this date out. So until it happens I'm not going to worry about it. I'm leaving for vacation in a couple days and was planning on switching to my iPhone 6 Plus anyway because of the much better camera. But since my Turbo is acting up and I'm getting no help from Verizon I've already switched. I considered taking the Turbo with me and do the update if it comes while I'm gone but it's staying in the drawer until I get back. Gonna stay off this site as well as many others while I'm away and hopefully there will be a surprise when I get back.
    KPMcClave likes this.
    06-07-2015 11:10 AM
    I'm not aware of any previous soak tests being made public. Those who participate in the soak tests are usually covered by non-disclosure agreements. So, those who say they are in a soak test usually aren't.
    06-07-2015 11:24 AM
    Anyone find it strange that there was no soak test?
    It is possible that Motorola has stopped soak tests for the Droids. The recent emergency calling update for the Maxx/Ultra/Mini was not soaked. It was a minor update, but they soaked the minor network update in May 2014.

So, anything is possible. I remain a little skeptical about June 10. I think it's possible, but I go back to the thought that it comes when it comes - though it does jibe with the prediction of the Verizon Test Engineer of mid-June from a month or so ago.
    06-07-2015 11:29 AM
    I'm not aware of any previous soak tests being made public. Those who participate in the soak tests are usually covered by non-disclosure agreements.
    Yes they sort of are (they are really not - you sign nothing when you join the soak, so that would be an unenforceable NDA).

But I have *NEVER* heard of a soak test that wasn't publicized when the first invitation emails were sent out.
    travaz and KPMcClave like this.
    06-07-2015 11:32 AM
    Yes they sort of are (they are really not - you sign nothing when you join the soak, so that would be an unenforceable NDA).

But I have *NEVER* heard of a soak test that wasn't publicized when the first invitation emails were sent out.
    That's how I usually find out about them. When they do a soak test it won't take 5 min for it to be on this site.
    KPMcClave likes this.
    06-07-2015 12:06 PM
    It is possible that Motorola has stopped soak tests for the Droids. The recent emergency calling update for the Maxx/Ultra/Mini was not soaked. It was a minor update, but they soaked the minor network update in May 2014.

So, anything is possible. I remain a little skeptical about June 10. I think it's possible, but I go back to the thought that it comes when it comes - though it does jibe with the prediction of the Verizon Test Engineer of mid-June from a month or so ago.
    The nature of the emergency calling bug probably dictated that no soak was needed.

KPMcClave likes this.
    06-07-2015 01:29 PM
2,029 ... 5556575859 ...