06-30-2015 12:52 PM
2,029 ... 6162636465 ...
tools
    Motorola Droid Turbo to Receive Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Update On June 10

The headline says 5.1.1, but the body says 5.1, which is what Motorola had already confirmed. Most of that story was sourced from stuff we've been discussing here for weeks.

Still possible it's hitting midnight tonight, and though I'm still skeptical about today, we know it's coming soon. I wouldn't be surprised if it was this week or next week.
    I would call the whole article into question from this excerpt from the article:

"Since the Android 5.1 Lollipop software update from Motorola is being released in phases, it may not be released on the same day as the Droid Turbo hits the market."

They make it sound like the Turbo hasn't even been released yet. How would they have any inside info when they're not even cognizant of the very public fact that the Turbo launched 8 months ago. IMHO that calls the entire article into question.
    06-10-2015 05:23 PM
    Skeptical of today's supposed release date for our turbo's, I chatted with motorola to see if I could get more info from them. They stated that it is rolling out but an exact date is unknown. This either means that it should be rolling out, but it hasn't reached very many devices, that motorola thought Verizon should be rolling it out today, or Carlos was just saying that.
    Carlos was just saying that.

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-10-2015 05:24 PM
    I don't have enough posts to provide a link but I'm sure a Google search for "techworm 5.1.1 turbo" will provide it.
    Really guys, so it's come to this? An unsupported blog comment from something called Techworm? How is it possible that I've never heard of this informed and well-connected blogger in my years and years of following tech info in general and Android news in particular?

I think this has moved well past entertaining and degenerated into downright boringly silly.

Posted via the Turbo
    Murph5150 and cbobb123 like this.
    06-10-2015 07:01 PM
    Well anyone got lollipop yet????
    Yep, Wal-Mart had a ton of them in their candy aisle, got a whole bag of them!!!

06-10-2015 07:32 PM
    Really guys, so it's come to this? An unsupported blog comment from something called Techworm?
    Sorry, I was on Tapatalk on my phone before, so couldn't fully research. This first was reported June 2 by David Ruddock of Android Police (a site that I'm sure you've heard of) and Techworm merely reblogged it, badly as a matter of fact.

See https://twitter.com/RDR0b11/status/605828513220816896

He's now reporting June 12 (though he's also saying that he'll never report a date again and explains why dates are rarely pre-announced).

Also, Verizon's Turbo page now says that it runs Lollipop 5.0.2. So, that's weird.

Motorola DROID TURBO | Verizon Wireless
    06-10-2015 08:36 PM
    They wouldn't release an update this big right before a weekend...so the 12th is him throwing darts at a calendar. Trying to get us poor folks to read his bs blog, so he can get more viewers.

06-10-2015 08:49 PM
    So Verizon is reporting the Turbo running 5.0 Lollipop on their website...hmmmm

Attached Thumbnails Droid Turbo: Lollipop software update?-92220.jpg  
    06-10-2015 08:56 PM
    Really guys, so it's come to this? An unsupported blog comment from something called Techworm? How is it possible that I've never heard of this informed and well-connected blogger in my years and years of following tech info in general and Android news in particular?

I think this has moved well past entertaining and degenerated into downright boringly silly.

Posted via the Turbo
    They just want to believe.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)
    06-10-2015 09:04 PM
    Motorola never announced a date. While some sites like Android Police may have insider sources, nothing was official from Motorola.

06-10-2015 09:07 PM
    They just want to believe.

It does not bother me, my wife has the turbo not myself. Both of my devices already run lollipop. Nexus 7 and s6

Posted via Android Central App nexus 7
    06-10-2015 09:09 PM
    Verizon's site now says that the Turbo is running 5.0.2 out of the box... I realize that it's better than no Lollipop, but I'll seriously be annoyed if they do release that instead of a more stable 5.1 or 5.1.1.

Edit: someone beat me to the post
    06-10-2015 09:21 PM
    Verizon's site now says that the Turbo is running 5.0.2 out of the box... I realize that it's better than no Lollipop, but I'll seriously be annoyed if they do release that instead of a more stable 5.1 or 5.1.1.

Edit: someone beat me to the post
    Yeah, the person who updated the page just put in the wrong thing. We already know that the phone is getting 5.1. Two sources at Motorola 100% confirmed this in March and last month.
    88horizon5speed likes this.
    06-10-2015 09:27 PM
    Go to Verizon's website and look up the TechSpecs of the droid turbo...it states Lollipop 5.0.2. Just like the pic posted above.

06-10-2015 09:31 PM
    No update. I've been checking every 15 minutes and will continue to do so until I'm updated!

So 24 hours in a day, four 15 minute windows an hour, 96 checks. Multiply by seven for a week and prepare for 672 checks per week for quite some time.

Murph5150 likes this.
    06-10-2015 10:35 PM
    So.... Verizon has on there site the turbo is running Lollipop. Is that in fact false advertising?
    06-10-2015 11:57 PM
    So.... Verizon has on there site the turbo is running Lollipop. Is that in fact false advertising?
    No.....just getting ahead of themselves.
    06-11-2015 02:36 AM
    In my experience with Verizon, they usually post this on devices receiving an update within days. I know when I was waiting for my m8 to get lollipop, they did the same thing. I had the update within 3 or 4 days after they posted the device as having it on their website.

88horizon5speed likes this.
    06-11-2015 04:43 AM
    Motorola never announced a date. While some sites like Android Police may have insider sources, nothing was official from Motorola.

Motorola wouldn't exactly know. And Verizon told me it was released
    06-11-2015 05:22 AM
    I am used to this Verizon OS update waiting game. I once owned the LG Spectrum and it took forever to receive ICE CREAM SANDWICH! It even got to the point owners where filing complaints with the better business bureau when other devices where already getting the brand new JELLY BEAN!

Now here I am once again waiting for my phone to be upgraded while my wife (s4) and sister (s5) both have lollipop before my Droid Turbo.

Yay me!
    06-11-2015 05:32 AM
    In my experience with Verizon, they usually post this on devices receiving an update within days. I know when I was waiting for my m8 to get lollipop, they did the same thing. I had the update within 3 or 4 days after they posted the device as having it on their website.

The interesting thing here, though, is Verizon says a 5.0 OS for the Turbo when it has been well-stated that the Turbo was going directly to a 5.1 OS, so that doesn't even make sense for Verizon to post information on what should prove to be an outdated OS.

If the next OS for the Turbo is in the 5.0 range instead of 5.1 for some inexplicable reason, I can just about imagine the posts I'd see on here.

KPMcClave and digitaltree515 like this.
    06-11-2015 06:41 AM
    They wouldn't release an update this big right before a weekend...so the 12th is him throwing darts at a calendar. Trying to get us poor folks to read his bs blog, so he can get more viewers.

Actually when i got 5.0 for my note 4 on verizon it was a friday afternoon.

Ry likes this.
    06-11-2015 07:39 AM
    I have given up on my Turbo getting Lollipop, I ended up porting my Sprint number (used for Google Voice to get calls/SMS on Turbo) to Project Fi. Now I have a Nexus 6 running native Android Lollipop 5.1.1, and I still can get my calls/SMS on my Turbo via Hangouts.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    06-11-2015 07:44 AM
    I sent a tweet to VZW support two days ago and they said they have no information on when an update will happen. I seriously doubt wee will get anything anytime soon.
    Tim Bell1 likes this.
    06-11-2015 07:50 AM
    Why do people keep asking? Those who know won't say and the rest, those who say, don't know.
    mcgowane79, thatguy97 and dungoyle like this.
    06-11-2015 08:07 AM
    I totally gave up with Verizon and the Droid Turbo. After over a month with problems and Verizon would say nothing's wrong. duh, could not make calls away from my house.......phone would beep and disconnect. could not use ac, although I supposedly had 4G LTE. Had to use Network Extender, which I NEVER had to use before. One rep says 4G LTE GREAT another rep says you're in a marginal area (not according to their map though). Turbo would heat to 140+ when I used Google maps for 15 minutes. So, ported my number to AT&T and picked up the Lg G4. Awesome phone, battery life is actually greater then the turbo!!! 4G = -81 dBm Verizons was -105 dBm. Good luck, hope your turbos get the right update soon. Lg is running 5.1.
    06-11-2015 08:31 AM
2,029 ... 6162636465 ...