06-30-2015 12:52 PM
2,029 ... 6364656667 ...
tools
    What phone is that?
    06-11-2015 12:58 PM
    Boy, multiple posts about what is surely a mistake on the Turbo info page even before the update has come out. This thread has really seen everything.

It's even seen people arguing back and forth about whether or not it is good even before it's been on the phone, so I guess complaining about it being 5.0.2 instead of 5.1 before we even know that is par for the course.
    They've chnaged it back to 4.4.4 apparently. I don't buy it was a mistake. Why would they be changing the listed OS at all yesterday if the 5.1.x update is still "in the lab?" I still think the new Turbos will have 5.0.2 and will be udpated to 5.1.x when the older ones get the update pushed. That's my educated hunch anyway. Ima go tweet that as fact...
    06-11-2015 01:19 PM
    Looks like like a Samsung phone. Just a troll. Please move along.

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-11-2015 01:20 PM
    We need to prepare ourselves for the very real possibility that we are getting 5.0.2 and not 5.1. From DroidLife:

Attachment 181056
    This also supports my hunch. New Droids will have 5.0.2 out of the box, until the 5.1.x update is ready. Then all get updated. Maybe by Christmas.
    06-11-2015 01:21 PM
    Knew I should have gotten nexus 6. Talked to a buddy at s retail store just now. Said they have been flooded since opening with people pissed off. He spoke with a manager and was told the legacy customers are not getting it yet he was told that legacy customers are not getting it because Verizon wants to make sure all the bugs are worked out before they give it to us.

Standard response I know but just trying to get info and share it.
    I guess that 1% mainly lives in the same town!
    06-11-2015 01:23 PM
    What phone is that?
    Yes... just having some fun, sorry. It's actually a Moto Droid Bionic getting 5.1. The 6 users in the U.S. demanded the update, and VZW listened.
    KPMcClave likes this.
    06-11-2015 01:25 PM
    I got Lollipop!!!

I ordered an LG G4.
    bpe4 likes this.
    06-11-2015 01:28 PM
    I got Lollipop!!!

I ordered an LG G4.
    Congratz... looks to be a very good phone, and probably the best camera on any smartphone today. I suppose you had to pay full retail for the upgrade since the Turbo ain't very old... but the good thing is the full retail price is fairly reasonable.
    06-11-2015 01:33 PM
    Just bought a turbo 2 days ago. Still on 4.4.
    06-11-2015 01:36 PM
    Congratz... looks to be a very good phone, and probably the best camera on any smartphone today. I suppose you had to pay full retail for the upgrade since the Turbo ain't very old... but the good thing is the full retail price is fairly reasonable.
    Thanks. I'd been drooling over the camera, but still hemming and hawing overall. Lollipop isnt't even a deal breaker for me, but the way things have been handled, going back to the fiasco in January/February (soak testers publicly revolted as mentioned here a few days ago), enough is enough.

There's definitely plenty I'll miss about the Turbo.
    06-11-2015 01:38 PM
    http://www.androidcentral.com/droid-...ase-date-still

And the crowd goes...thanks???
    06-11-2015 01:39 PM
    Yep that's a droid turbo /s

06-11-2015 02:09 PM
    Verizon has never given an official date for the update. Not for the Turbo, not for any phone.

Posted from my Droid Turbo, Kelly and Ozone
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/e?l...token=_Nl1sMea

That's not totally true. But I admit, Motorola has been far more vocal.

06-11-2015 02:17 PM
    Thanks. I'd been drooling over the camera, but still hemming and hawing overall. Lollipop isnt't even a deal breaker for me, but the way things have been handled, going back to the fiasco in January/February (soak testers publicly revolted as mentioned here a few days ago), enough is enough.

Smart choice, that's the phone I will switch to if I have to start a new contract. That camera is amazing.

06-11-2015 02:19 PM
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/e?l...token=J8Uk2HlD

That's not totally true. But I admit, Motorola has been far more vocal.

When has Verizon ever given an official date for when an upgrade will come? And some CSR making up a date doesn't count as official

Posted from my Droid Turbo, Kelly and Ozone
    06-11-2015 02:54 PM
    Hey, I wanted to give a quick update on our progress on the DROID Turbo 5.1 lollipop upgrade since there seems to be A LOT of inaccurate information out there. We are still in the lab test cycle and things are looking good. We have not provided a launch date yet, but I will let you know as soon as the update is available.
    Doesn't Verizon still have to bloat it and test it before it gets pushed out? If so then this could be quite an extended wait.
    06-11-2015 03:20 PM
    Doesn't Verizon still have to bloat it and test it before it gets pushed out? If so then this could be quite an extended wait.
    The included Verizon is part of what is tested. Verizon doesn't test a build and then specify what needs to be added - they specify what needs to be added, Motorola (in this case) adds it and then provides it for testing.
    maxman1, KPMcClave and berserker like this.
    06-11-2015 03:55 PM
    Smart choice, that's the phone I will switch to if I have to start a new contract. That camera is amazing.

Thanks. Hope to run in to you around the G4 water cooler. I'm looking forward to our daughter's basketball camp at the end of the month. It's in the same gym where she has her winter program, so the conditions will be very similar to those with which I struggled on the Turbo (and had better esults with the Maxx). I've always loved sports photography, and now to be able to blend that with love of my daughter...I just should have been having a lot more fun!
    06-11-2015 04:31 PM
    It could be that it's in Verizon's lab. He didn't say one way or the other.
    06-11-2015 04:33 PM

I know you just got it, but since this is a battery life thread, how is the G4 compared to the Turbo on battery life?
    06-11-2015 06:36 PM
    I know you just got it, but since this is a battery life thread, how is the G4 compared to the Turbo on battery life?
    It's a lollipop update thread.

06-11-2015 07:52 PM
    AC put out an official story this afternoon...
    Droid Turbo Android 5.1 update still in the test lab cycle, no release date in sight http://www.androidcentral.com/droid-...ase-date-still

Posted from 64GB BN Droid Turbo
    06-11-2015 07:53 PM

Oh yea, oops. I thought it was that battery life mongo mega thread somehow. Well anyway, question still stands if you want to answer and don't mind a slight thread OT.
    KPMcClave likes this.
    06-11-2015 07:54 PM
    I actually don't have the G4 yet. I ordered it today. I think it's supposed to be here on Monday.

Battery was definitely a big concern in dumping the Turbo. I had it, the Droid Maxx, and the Razr Maxx HD as my last 3 phones, so battery life is obviously important to me. What swung the G4 my way was that the battery life is reported to be pretty good (for a mere mortal), but it also has a swappable battery. I don't think I would have jumped, at least not yet, if it was a fixed battery with that same battery life. It will be nostalgic, like when I carried an extra BlackBerry battery around.
    06-11-2015 08:19 PM

It has Lollipop.
    mcgowane79 likes this.
    06-11-2015 08:22 PM
2,029 ... 6364656667 ...