06-30-2015 12:52 PM
2,029 ... 7172737475 ...
tools
    I am thinking about getting this watch... I think it is the most classy watch out there. My only concern is if it looks good not only when wearing suits and business casual but also just normal casual. Is it a multi clothing style kind of watch?

Posted via the Android Central App
    Absolutely. Although I feel the leather band is more multi purpose than the metal one. Metal band makes it look almost too nice to wear with shorts and t-shirt.
    I'd also suggest if you want to get one, look to Swappa for a used one. Good deals to be found there.

Sent from my Ballistic Turbo
    06-22-2015 08:55 AM
    JJ Jones,

I TOTALLY agree about the 360! Great job on the update. It's like having a new watch. Used it on a road trip the day after the update and the flick to scroll made me feel like I wasn't going to die using nav. My phone staid in my pocket the whole time and my hand was on the wheel.

I wear it for business and casual and only get called out on it if I'm using two hands and swiping though notifications. Flick will make it even better. WiFi is great too!

Please don't brick my Turbo with a bad update like all my Samsung friends are complaining about. Take your time!
    Tim Bell1 likes this.
    06-23-2015 05:57 AM
    Lmao now some insignificant sources are stating that the turbo will skip 5.1 and go directly to Android M . I'm so sick of this rumor crap I really don't care anymore. Good bye to moto and Verizon in 6 months.

posted with the first phone I have not broken in 2 days , Droid Turbo lol
    06-23-2015 02:38 PM
    Lmao now some insignificant sources are stating that the turbo will skip 5.1 and go directly to Android M . I'm so sick of this rumor crap I really don't care anymore. Good bye to moto and Verizon in 6 months.

Where did you hear that?
    06-23-2015 02:40 PM
    Yibada English and autoomobile on my Google search for Android lollipop update for droid turbo under news. Lol both sources are crap and repost the same crap over and over but change a word or two. It strikes me as strange that the turbo would jump 5.1 given that a simulator page was put up showing what 5.1 would be like on that O.S. I'm personally just sick of all the bs , update the device or don't stop the game playing.

06-23-2015 03:24 PM
    Motorola DROID Turbo Android 5.1 Lollipop OS Update Release Not Happening; Smartphone to Jump To Android M ...
    Yibada (English Edition)‎ - 10 hours ago

06-23-2015 03:27 PM
    Motorola DROID Turbo Android 5.1 Lollipop OS Update Release Not Happening; Smartphone to Jump To Android M ...
    Yibada (English Edition)‎ - 10 hours ago

You and I both know that's [language removed by mod]

Send from DROID Turbo rocking 5.1.2
    06-23-2015 03:29 PM
    Yup this article has legit written all over it lol, people are bored and need to make up stories, they should be writing for M night Shyamalan lol his movies suck maybe yibada could help him out

06-23-2015 03:36 PM
    Fine with me...Lollipop is not a big deal. Hopefully Android M will be better.

06-23-2015 03:38 PM
    Lol I'm out for the day just thought I would bring some comedy to this forum . I hope everyone has a excellent day.

06-23-2015 03:40 PM
    The Droid Turbo upgrade has failure written all over it.

For people who think the longer it takes, the better it will be don't understand what's going on here. There is no correlation to the longer it takes to get the Droid Turbo update out the better it will be. There are major issues that prevented the the first upgrade from being possible. The 5.1 upgrade is not going to be better because of that or that 5.1 itself is taking longer then expected isn't necessarily a good thing either. These delays have been described as fundamental VoLTE problems or "Partner" issues. At no point has Motorola or Verizon indicated that the delay is due to beyond normal debugging and how much better the 5.1 upgrade is going to be for Turbo users then other phones.

You also have during the upgrade Motorla shifting over to Lenovo which tends to add another layer of difficulty in operations and slow things down.

This isn't your Grandma baking cookies or making Sun tea. This is a corporation and the more time they spend on this, the more resources they need to use and the more money it costs. There is a finite amount of time and money they will spend to support the Droid Turbo upgrade and if anything it means they have less time and money to do extended debugging or soak tests, not more.

Going with a Nexus might be the best bet to avoid this.
    skatergirl likes this.
    06-23-2015 04:40 PM
    I will take that bet. I honestly do not care when or if lollipop ever comes but I would be surprised if the phone never got updated past KK.

I'm perfectly fine with kit kat. I never honestly thought the droid turbo would EVER get LP anyway... Here's an article I read this morning... Sorry of its already been posted

Edit, guess I can't post URL.. Anyway it's days turbo is skipping LP altogether and going straight to M whenever that happens. My berry is turbo never sees anything higher than KK.

06-23-2015 06:10 PM
    A couple of months ago I would have said this is complete and utter BS, but now I'm not so sure anymore. I truly believe the update was supposed to be June 10th as stated by Mr. Ruddock on G+ and sort of verified by VZWs website being updated to show 5.1 as of 6/11/15 (which it still shows today). No one purposely takes this long. I believe there is something they can't get to work and now I'm starting to think they never will get it to work with L. As deesugar said a few posts ago, there is only so much time a corporation will take to get something to work, then they will just quit trying as it is too expensive.
    06-23-2015 06:18 PM
    For people who think the longer it takes, the better it will be don't understand what's going on here. There is no correlation to the longer it takes to get the Droid Turbo update out the better it will be. There are major issues that prevented the the first upgrade from being possible. The 5.1 upgrade is not going to be better because of that or that 5.1 itself is taking longer then expected isn't necessarily a good thing either. These delays have been described as fundamental VoLTE problems or "Partner" issues. At no point has Motorola or Verizon indicated that the delay is due to beyond normal debugging and how much better the 5.1 upgrade is going to be for Turbo users then other phones.

You also have during the upgrade Motorla shifting over to Lenovo which tends to add another layer of difficulty in operations and slow things down.
    Anybody else read this and think it was written by a computer auto-bot?
    06-23-2015 06:36 PM
    Anybody else read this and think it was written by a computer auto-bot?

Droid Turbo: Lollipop software update?-autobots-logo-10-smaller.jpg
    you caught me...
    nwcollins likes this.
    06-23-2015 07:11 PM
    Absolutely. Although I feel the leather band is more multi purpose than the metal one. Metal band makes it look almost too nice to wear with shorts and t-shirt.
    I'd also suggest if you want to get one, look to Swappa for a used one. Good deals to be found there.

Sent from my Ballistic Turbo
    I disagree with the metal band part, I wear mine with work, dress or shorts and a t-shirt and never feel over or under accessorized!!

Posted via My Droid Turbo while Checking Notifications on My Moto 360!!!
    06-23-2015 08:17 PM
    Hate to jump off topic here but considering the Lollipop update I personally am just discussed. What corporation would put out a phone that they couldn't figure out how to update in a reasonable amount of time? I wonder who is responsible for software and are they still employed at Verizon? Where I work heads would roll for this level of incompetence and they would be looking at who put this team together. At some point it has to hit the fan.

dawghowse likes this.
    06-24-2015 07:24 AM
    Hate to jump off topic here
    I don't think there is such a thing in this thread.

but considering the Lollipop update I personally am just discussed. What corporation would put out a phone that they couldn't figure out how to update in a reasonable amount of time? I wonder who is responsible for software and are they still employed at Verizon? Where I work heads would roll for this level of incompetence and they would be looking at who put this team together. At some point it has to hit the fan.
    The counter argument to that is that the Turbo is running generally great on KitKat and the lollipop update is hardly required for it to function well on the network.

(Verizon contracts with Motorola to design both the hardware and software for the Droid brand so Verizon doesn't have much of its software on the phone - just the command center widget and Droid zap in addition to the apps that it puts on all other android phones, like Verizon backup assistant, the verizon account app and widget, and a few others.)
    06-24-2015 08:04 AM
    I would also add that you grossly misspelled the word disgusted with discussed.
    Yes and thank you for your insight and the depth of your knowledge in this area. However what is your thoughts on the seven month Lollipop update delay? I would just love to hear.
    Don't you just love a forum free from the trolls and sharpshooters?

06-24-2015 10:05 AM
    Hate to jump off topic here but considering the Lollipop update I personally am just discussed. What corporation would put out a phone that they couldn't figure out how to update in a reasonable amount of time? I wonder who is responsible for software and are they still employed at Verizon? Where I work heads would roll for this level of incompetence and they would be looking at who put this team together. At some point it has to hit the fan.

If you assume software upgrades are a major priority at Verizon you might be right. I would bet that their priorities don't align with the priorities of the android enthusiast though. Examples; My sister has a turbo. She doesn't even know what android is and doesn't care. My wife has a note 4 and repeatedly declines the lollipop upgrade (which worked fine on my note 4). Lollipop, like any major update, will be a disruption and possibly an annoyance to these people.

Verizon's priority is not pushing out major software updates at breakneck speeds. If that's your priority then you are on the wrong network AND on the wrong device.
    06-24-2015 10:31 AM
    If you assume software upgrades are a major priority at Verizon you might be right. I would bet that their priorities don't align with the priorities of the android enthusiast though. Examples; My sister has a turbo. She doesn't even know what android is and doesn't care. My wife has a note 4 and repeatedly declines the lollipop upgrade (which worked fine on my note 4). Lollipop, like any major update, will be a disruption and possibly an annoyance to these people.

Verizon's priority is not pushing out major software updates at breakneck speeds. If that's your priority then you are on the wrong network AND on the wrong device.
    Again thx for your input. You seem to be in the know on Verizon and the state of the US cellular market, is the turbo the only flagship phone that has not received the Lollipop update? I think most devices if not all being sold currently are running Lollipop on my Verizon network. Am I mistaken here? And are you a Verizon employee?

06-24-2015 11:15 AM
    Again thx for your input. You seem to be in the know on Verizon and the state of the US cellular market, is the turbo the only flagship phone that has not received the Lollipop update? I think most devices if not all being sold currently are running Lollipop on my Verizon network. Am I mistaken here? And are you a Verizon employee?

Yes you are mistaken. The Sony z3v, the HTC One Remix and the Galaxy Core Prime among others are still on Kit Kat(i figured I'd just list one phone from each class of phone, but there are many others).

Posted from my Droid Turbo, Kelly and Ozone
    06-24-2015 12:35 PM
    Yes you are mistaken. The Sony z3v, the HTC One Remix and the Galaxy Core Prime among others are still on Kit Kat(i figured I'd just list one phone from each class of phone, but there are many others).
    I wouldn't call any of those phones flagships for those oems.
    Davidoo likes this.
    06-24-2015 02:17 PM
    The counter argument to that is that the Turbo is running generally great on KitKat and the lollipop update is hardly required for it to function well on the network.

I'm still confused why people who don't care about an update to lollipop and are "happy with kitKat" still feel a need to spend a lot of their time on a thread about when (or if) an update is coming out only to make sure they let everyone know over and over again how much they don't care or need the update.

Even more interesting is how they don't understand when your behind two major updates (now that M is almost out) a lot of their apps will eventually start using the newer API's and they will either break or be left behind. Also developers making new apps may not care about including support for older versions of Android. You can't run on kitkat forever.

But you're right it should "function well on the network" as in the ability to call and text but that's not why a lot of us bought the Turbo in the first place.
    06-24-2015 03:06 PM
    I'm still confused why people who don't care about an update to lollipop and are "happy with kitKat" still feel a need to spend a lot of their time on a thread about when (or if) an update is coming out only to make sure they let everyone know over and over again how much they don't care or need the update.

Even more interesting is how they don't understand when your behind two major updates (now that M is almost out) a lot of their apps will eventually start using the newer API's and they will either break or be left behind. Also developers making new apps may not care about including support for older versions of Android. You can't run on kitkat forever.
    Sorry but M is nowhere close to being officially out. It's just a letter, not yet a dessert.
    Almeuit likes this.
    06-24-2015 03:25 PM
2,029 ... 7172737475 ...