06-30-2015 01:52 PM
2,029 ... 7475767778 ...
tools
    This "update" with how long it's been taking, constantly changing statuses and the way Motorola communicates or doesn't communicate sounds more and more like every tech related thing that eventually turned into vaporware.
    Which update? I have seen nothing since a couple of weeks ago. So far I know of exactly four updated status statements, maybe five if you count the Verizon test lab engineer who said (not officially) in May that it would be updated by mid-June, and three of them said basically the same thing. I'm not sure what you're talking about.
    06-25-2015 06:48 AM
    I think my solution will be to get a new phone this winter
    tanker8764 likes this.
    06-25-2015 08:12 AM
    That constant change in status was them saying they're doing 5.1 instead of 5.0. lulz.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)
    06-25-2015 11:04 AM
    Dude, I was giving you a hard time bro. There is no progresses in this forum as no one has a date for lp release. It's just entertaining that, as stated before, we have 75+ pages with no real information. But I'm sure you weren't pointing me out as a troll... I'm Irish, so that would make me a leprechaun!

Posted via my Digital DJ TURBO!
    I don't currently have any rules against leprechauns in the forums.
    06-25-2015 11:54 AM
    My apologies to you Ry and tdizzel. I know my last few posts have seemed like just complaining for complaining sake. I have read and followed many of your posts and appreciate your input. I know many keep telling me this is usual procedure along with "Verizon is Motorola's customer." It just seems the real customers who are paying their bills are the least informed. I'm taking a break from this for a while (ok, at least a couple of hours) as sometimes I need to keep in perspective the important things in life as I tend to get wrapped up in some of these non-important things too much, and I should know better.
    No need to apologize. I understand things can get heated when people have differing viewpoints. As long as it doesn't get personal and the conversation remains constructive, then there's no harm, no foul.

Motorola went from A+ to a D in JR Raphael's Android Upgrade scorecard in his ComputerWorld Android Power blog and rightfully so. They were extremely quick with KitKat updates but Lollipop appears to have been troublesome for them even with staying with a relatively AOSP UI. It's not just the DROID TURBO, but their entire line. When you have Samsung upgrading 2013 devices while Motorola struggles with their 2014 devices, something is definitely wrong at Motorola.

The Motorola that was trying to upgrade the DROID RAZR to Jelly Bean has come back out again after they've set high expectations with their recent (KitKat) upgrades. Hopefully they can get back on track. I still think the DROID TURBO will get 5.1 eventually and it's my opinion that it'll be sooner that some people posting here may think.

The reality is that Motorola is still working on it.
    Davidoo, Almeuit, mobrules and 4 others like this.
    06-25-2015 02:58 PM
    7 month later and close to 2000 posts on this topic and still no one has any idea when and if the update is coming. I like the phone just fine as is but I did buy this phone when it first came out under the impression (I understand that no one "promised" or gave a timeline on the update) the update on a Motorola flagship device will be one of the first after nexus to receive update. So while no one actually broke their promise to the consumer but I still feel like the forgotten step-child watching all my brothers and sisters dressed up in new cloth and I am still wearing some hand-me-down.
    philly likes this.
    06-25-2015 07:53 PM
    At this point, Verizon should send every Turbo owner a letter of apology along with a coupon for a free Galaxy S6 or an LG G4.
    06-25-2015 08:09 PM
    At this point, Verizon should send every Turbo owner a letter of apology along with a coupon for a free Galaxy S6 or an LG G4.
    I don't think they owe me an apology, and in my opinion those phones are vastly inferior to the Turbo. I don't want to take a step back in hardware just because i didn't take a step back in software.

Posted from my Droid Turbo, Kelly and Ozone
    06-25-2015 08:33 PM
    I only hope they don't go to sucker 8.1 before the the official update, I mean with kitkat and lollypop and those other super tec terms just saying LOL
    06-25-2015 08:39 PM
    Yes, we know the update is coming. The only people who could possibly know when it will happen choose not to tell. As is quite evident reading this thread.

The Moto X is Motorola's flagship device, as is evident by its rapid upgrade last fall.
    06-25-2015 08:41 PM
    I would sell the coupon and keep the Turbo.

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-25-2015 08:46 PM
    7 month later and close to 2000 posts on this topic and still no one has any idea when and if the update is coming. I like the phone just fine as is but I did buy this phone when it first came out under the impression (I understand that no one "promised" or gave a timeline on the update) the update on a Motorola flagship device will be one of the first after nexus to receive update. So while no one actually broke their promise to the consumer but I still feel like the forgotten step-child watching all my brothers and sisters dressed up in new cloth and I am still wearing some hand-me-down.
    They'll give a date when it is the date. That's how they've always done it.

hub1 likes this.
    06-25-2015 09:06 PM
    How so? They haven't canceled the update.

06-25-2015 09:07 PM
    The turbo was released 8 months ago. I wonder if the next one will be released with m. If it gets much closer to the next version release Verizon will push turbo updates further back....if that's possible.

06-25-2015 09:42 PM
    The turbo was released 8 months ago. I wonder if the next one will be released with m. If it gets much closer to the next version release Verizon will push turbo updates further back....if that's possible.

It depends on when M is official.

06-25-2015 09:43 PM
    I can neither confirm nor deny that soak test invitations have gone out due to the fact that that information is confidential.
    TDL1068, Ry, jesta192 and 3 others like this.
    06-25-2015 10:16 PM
    I can neither confirm nor deny that soak test invitations have gone out due to the fact that that information is confidential.
    I can neither confirm or deny your confirmation or denial.
    06-25-2015 10:20 PM
    Looks like some lips are a bit looser on XDA:

06-25-2015 10:22 PM
    http://www.androidcentral.com/droid-...lipop-incoming

06-25-2015 10:30 PM
    I can neither confirm or deny if anyone can confirm or deny anything that can be confirmed or denied regarding things in the realm of confirming or denying, all of which is subject to being confirmed or denied.

vzwuser76 and gemery#CB like this.
    06-25-2015 10:30 PM
    I still think the DROID TURBO will get 5.1 eventually and it's my opinion that it'll be sooner that some people posting here may think.

GeodudeFFP and hub1 like this.
    06-25-2015 10:31 PM
    If there is a soak test incoming, and I did get an invite, I'm not sure I'm gonna participate in this one. I've done other ones because it's pretty cool to be able to help out testing, but I like my phone to work, and frankly, Lollipop scares me.
    gemery#CB likes this.
    06-25-2015 10:41 PM

I sincerely doubt it. The Turbo was released shortly before L and came out with KitKat. I suppose it's remotely possible, but I can't believe that Verizon will not want a new device for the holidays, and they'll want it before Moto could get M running on a non-Nexus device.
    06-25-2015 10:52 PM
    Curious,

How does one sign up for a potential soak test?
    06-25-2015 10:57 PM
    Curious,

How does one sign up for a potential soak test?
    https://forums.motorola.com/posts/77d4221775

06-25-2015 11:01 PM
2,029 ... 7475767778 ...