06-30-2015 12:52 PM
2,029 ... 7677787980 ...
tools
    I wasnt going to confirm or deny the soak, but since it already is confirmed, yes it is real. And it's labeled as a software update. I would have to believe it's lollipop because lollipop comes with volte so why would the update volte for KitKat and then replace it all with lollipop? Doesn't make sense to me
    06-26-2015 11:18 AM
    So if someone was to participate in the soak and didn't like it for whatever reason, can they revert back to a previous version or are they stuck in the soak until a full release?
    06-26-2015 11:25 AM
    In honor of the epicness of this thread, I decided to review some of the first posts...

My prediction: it happens right before black friday

Posted via the Android Central App
    Lets do it. You want black friday? Ill take December 15th. Start a pool.
    I love my Droid Turbo. And I have faith in Motorola. If it were left up to them solely, the Turbo would get Lollipop lightning fast. Unfortunately, it's not just up to Motorola and while I understand Verizon wants to make sure that 5.0 is as bug free as possible by the time it rolls out, I just don't have a lot of faith that Big Red will be terribly proactive. I hate to be a cynic but if Verizon rolls out Lollipop to the Turbo much before December 31st, I'll be pleasantly surprised. If it's not until next year, I'll be disappointed but not the least bit shocked.
    (in reply to the above post)...
    2009 called, it wants it's Verizon complaints back

Posted from my Droid Turbo, Kelly and Ozone
    '

Droid Turbo: Lollipop software update?-23qtbsn.gifI'm dying...
    doogald, mobrules and antk90 like this.
    06-26-2015 11:28 AM
    My Turbo is 3 days old. Man Motorola is fast with updates! Lol...

I just squirted milk through my nose after reading this! My vote for best post of this thread!!!!
    06-26-2015 11:29 AM
    So if someone was to participate in the soak and didn't like it for whatever reason, can they revert back to a previous version or are they stuck in the soak until a full release?
    As with all updates that are done to the phone it is not reversible without root.

Posted via My Droid Turbo while Checking Notifications on My Moto 360!!!
    bondmonkee likes this.
    06-26-2015 11:39 AM
    I figured that was the case wasn't sure though. Thanks!
    06-26-2015 11:45 AM
    The soak is the final release.
    bondmonkee likes this.
    06-26-2015 11:46 AM
    Well look at that .. all this speculation about how it isn't coming and it came .
    This seem to have happened right after I said I was going to get a different phone this winter. I guess someone was listening ;0
    06-26-2015 12:03 PM
    It hasn't arrived yet, and there's nothing showing that is in fact Lollipop and not just another AC/VoLTE update. At least not that I've seen

Sent from my Ballistic Turbo
    Phil has updated his original post to confirm the soak is indeed Android Lollipop, no version mentioned.

http://m.androidcentral.com/droid-tu...lipop-incoming
    mobrules likes this.
    06-26-2015 03:02 PM
    We did have a recent soak where it had to be pulled back (second gen Moto X).
    mobrules likes this.
    06-26-2015 03:18 PM
    Now that we know for sure the soak test for lollipop exists, can we stop complaining about the perfectly good phone???

Posted via DROID Turbo rocking 5.1.2
    06-26-2015 05:01 PM
    Now that we know for sure the soak test for lollipop exists, can we stop complaining about the perfectly good phone???

Sure. Now is the time to start complaining about everything the update screwed up. ;-)
    Ry, gemery#CB, Phoenix212 and 1 others like this.
    06-26-2015 05:14 PM
    Sure. Now is the time to start complaining about everything the update screwed up. ;-)
    06-26-2015 05:30 PM

complaining about the update taking so long is not complaining about the phone
    06-26-2015 05:54 PM
    I just switched to a note 4 today.
    I still love the Droid Turbo. Poor flagship phone hasn't been treated like one. At all. The respect it deserved got lost somewhere in the false advertisement Verizon attempted to do. Lost all charm.

Anyways. The lollipop update on the note 4 is far from ideal. This feels nothing like what the Droid Turbo felt like. Fast and snappy. Although I won't say it's bad. It's just a difference experience.

Loved to be a part of the turbo lollipop journey. I sincerely hope it ends well, and soon.

Peace!

06-26-2015 06:49 PM
    I just switched to a note 4 today.
    I still love the Droid Turbo. Poor flagship phone hasn't been treated like one. At all. The respect it deserved got lost somewhere in the false advertisement Verizon attempted to do. Lost all charm.

Anyways. The lollipop update on the note 4 is far from ideal. This feels nothing like what the Droid Turbo felt like. Fast and snappy. Although I won't say it's bad. It's just a difference experience.

Loved to be a part of the turbo lollipop journey. I sincerely hope it ends well, and soon.

Peace!

Lollipop isn't necessarily to blame for the Note 4 issues. What you're experiencing is the typical TouchWiz lag that so many of us have experienced and complained about. That's why I left Samsung.
    06-26-2015 08:06 PM
    Lollipop isn't necessarily to blame for the Note 4 issues. What you're experiencing is the typical TouchWiz lag that so many of us have experienced and complained about. That's why I left Samsung.
    Something I almost always experienced with my galaxy nexus and S4, was every time I had an OTA, performance would be choppy unless I did a factory reset.

Add in the touchwiz jank, and that's why I switched to the Turbo... Though Samsung does seem to be getting better about touchwiz lately...

06-27-2015 12:56 AM
    Something I almost always experienced with my galaxy nexus and S4, was every time I had an OTA, performance would be choppy unless I did a factory reset.

Add in the touchwiz jank, and that's why I switched to the Turbo... Though Samsung does seem to be getting better about touchwiz lately...

My only personal experience with Samsung in mobile phones was with the Galaxy S3. It was nice at the start, but after awhile I had issues with
    1. GPS (couldn't get a lock unless it was at a window, and then it took around 5 minutes, GPS Toolbox was a must have app on it)
    2. Battery life (at the beginning I would end a 16 hour day with around with around 25-35% left, after a year after 10 hours I'd have 15% left)
    3. Lag (at the beginning it would fly, after around 8 months it was unbelievably slow. For example when typing it would sometimes take around 20 seconds before it would register what I typed)
    4. Screen burn in (the right side of it's display still has a strip on the side from the status bar in landscape orientation)

Besides mobile phones, I've owned a Samsung bluray player and it crapped out after 5 months, just outside the warranty period. My family has also had poor luck with them, my brother had an LCD TV that needed the display board replaced, luckily during the warranty period. He also had, along with a niece and nephew, the Samsung Stratosphere. Between the three of them they had in total 9 different Stratospheres (1 new and 2 replacements each). Since then we've sworn off Samsung. I know some people have great luck with Samsung, but we've had just the opposite. And it's a shame because they do have beautiful hardware, but between their software and (in our case) their reliability, it keeps us away.
    06-27-2015 03:03 AM
    Interesting. I got an invite from the Motorola Feedback Network,

"We are inviting owners of the Droid Turbo to participate in an early preview of a new software release, and provide feedback. If you are not currently using a Droid Turbo, please excuse and ignore this email."

I signed up. Let's see what happens.
    Well congratulations. If there is a soak test and you were invited, you probably uninvited yourself from the soak test by telling everyone about it.
    06-27-2015 08:56 AM
    Well congratulations. If there is a soak test and you were invited, you probably uninvited yourself from the soak test by telling everyone about it.
    No he didn't.
    06-27-2015 09:21 AM
    No he didn't.
    Do you mean he didn't get uninvited or do you mean Droid Turbo: Lollipop software update?-ohnohedidnt.jpg
    06-27-2015 09:56 AM
    Probably not. I have seen so many people post publicly that they were invited and then post details of the soak test after they get it. (Which, in my opinion, you should not do until after Motorola tells you that the soak is done - that's what you have agreed to do by signing up, after all, and you should live by what you agree to.)
    1Coopgt and hub1 like this.
    06-27-2015 10:05 AM
    Only if Motorola is monitoring the AC Droid Turbo forums, can figure out who GastbyGlen is, and then match his profile to his Motorola profile (by username, e-mail, or more personal details). In short, a lot of work for little payoff, especially when the news is plastered across every android blog on earth.
    88horizon5speed likes this.
    06-27-2015 10:27 AM
    Probably not. I have seen so many people post publicly that they were invited and then post details of the soak test after they get it. (Which, in my opinion, you should not do until after Motorola tells you that the soak is done - that's what you have agreed to do by signing up, after all, and you should live by what you agree to.)
    Shows a person has integrate .
    06-27-2015 10:31 AM
    Only if Motorola is monitoring the AC Droid Turbo forums, can figure out who GastbyGlen is, and then match his profile to his Motorola profile (by username, e-mail, or more personal details). In short, a lot of work for little payoff, especially when the news is plastered across every android blog on earth.

Not really. A lot of people are lazy and use the same Username on several forums .
    88horizon5speed likes this.
    06-27-2015 10:33 AM
2,029 ... 7677787980 ...