Droid Turbo: Lollipop software update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(6017535)

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
Boy, multiple posts about what is surely a mistake on the Turbo info page even before the update has come out. This thread has really seen everything.

It's even seen people arguing back and forth about whether or not it is good even before it's been on the phone, so I guess complaining about it being 5.0.2 instead of 5.1 before we even know that is par for the course.

Personally, I want 5.1 specifically to be able to use the chop motion to turn on the flashlight. As dumb as it may sound, I really want that feature lol

Posted via the Android Central App

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Verizon, in typical fashion, keeps the announcement of the Lollipop update to the Turbo a secret almost until just a week or so before the stated update. Verizon, in typical fashion, releases the official launch date and delays it for an indeterminate time. They confused "July" with "June."

jjjmmm

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
We need to prepare ourselves for the very real possibility that we are getting 5.0.2 and not 5.1. From DroidLife:

Here is a list of “release” software for Motorola phones, which clearly shows the “quark” as having a 5.0.2 build ready. The “quark” is the DROID Turbo. Again, though, we were promised 5.1, but don’t be surprised if it’s 5.0.2.

Screen-Shot-2015-06-11-at-8.45.55-AM.png

Richardar6

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
I would say I haven't heard any reputable sources say anything about the "June 10th update" so I'm assuming it was bogus. Not to mention it's June 11th.

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Verizon, in typical fashion, keeps the announcement of the Lollipop update to the Turbo a secret almost until just a week or so before the stated update. Verizon, in typical fashion, releases the official launch date and delays it for an indeterminate time. They confused "July" with "June."

Verizon has never given an official date for the update. Not for the Turbo, not for any phone.

Posted from my Droid Turbo, Kelly and Ozone

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I sent a tweet to VZW support two days ago and they said they have no information on when an update will happen. I seriously doubt wee will get anything anytime soon.

They wouldn't give a date until it was day of anyway.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Knew I should have gotten nexus 6. Talked to a buddy at s retail store just now. Said they have been flooded since opening with people pissed off. He spoke with a manager and was told the legacy customers are not getting it yet he was told that legacy customers are not getting it because Verizon wants to make sure all the bugs are worked out before they give it to us.

Standard response I know but just trying to get info and share it.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I have been one of the folks not caring if we have Lollipop yet or not, but that right there is a slap in the face of Turbo owners.

Sent from my Ballistic Turbo

IIRC, first gen Moto Gs may have received updates before the 2013 DROID line.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Personally, I want 5.1 specifically to be able to use the chop motion to turn on the flashlight. As dumb as it may sound, I really want that feature lol

Since that's not a AOSP 5.1 specific feature, it wouldn't surprise me to see Motorola roll that into a 5.0.2 build if that's what comes out.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
So.... Verizon has on there site the turbo is running Lollipop. Is that in fact false advertising?

Boy, multiple posts about what is surely a mistake on the Turbo info page even before the update has come out. This thread has really seen everything.

It's even seen people arguing back and forth about whether or not it is good even before it's been on the phone, so I guess complaining about it being 5.0.2 instead of 5.1 before we even know that is par for the course.

They need fuel for the class action lawsuit. lol.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
They wouldn't release an update this big right before a weekend...so the 12th is him throwing darts at a calendar. Trying to get us poor folks to read his bs blog, so he can get more viewers.

IIRC, major updates have gone out on Thursday/Friday. It's not uncommon.

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DavidSchuster/posts/CG4MW17DUNV

Hey, I wanted to give a quick update on our progress on the DROID Turbo 5.1 lollipop upgrade since there seems to be A LOT of inaccurate information out there. We are still in the lab test cycle and things are looking good. We have not provided a launch date yet, but I will let you know as soon as the update is available.

thatguy97

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Weird there hasn't been a post in 20 minutes anyways it's insane but people were a lot more pissy than we are now when they were all waiting for ice cream sandwich like the LG spectrum for example and remember those very arrogant folks with a verizon gnex

Notajediyet

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Phil.

So this thread can now return to the dormant state of arguing if 5.1 is better than 4.4.4 again.

Posted via the Android Central App on my Droid Turbo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel