Droid Turbo: Lollipop software update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattRevs

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
ART does not work fully on the Droid Turbo, it has a known bug when restarting. I would not recommend using it.

I have experienced this bug as well. For those of you who don't know exactly what happens, Ill fill you in. When turning on the phone, after the boot animation plays, a black screen appears with a pop-up stating "Android is upgrading... Optimizing app X/X" just like it does during a system update. This happens every time you boot the phone, but is likely to get fixed in the 5.0 update.
ART still works just as it should, however, despite this issue. Still, it would be smart to just leave it at Dalvik for the time being until 5.0 is released. (My prediction: February 24th)

Last edited:

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
The Motorola Droid Turbo Android update should be released by February 2015, according to previous announcements from Motorola.

Motorola Droid Turbo Android update to Lollipop • Load the Game

I don't buy that "should be released by February... according to previous announcements." Motorola has carefully not promised any timing for any updates for the droid series.

I bet it will happen before the end of February, but I don't think Motorola ever announced timing. The current status of lollipop for the turbo on moto's web site merely says, "This device will be upgraded to the Android 5 Lollipop release of Android, pending partner support." No mention of timing.

tanker8764

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
I hope that Verizon will want the turbo to get lollipop update before or around the time the nexus 6 hits their stores ? I read someplace I can't remember were that Verizon is to launch the nexux 6 mid February?

mh1781

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
I don't have a droid turbo but I predicted from the beginning that the nexus 6 will come out around the same time the turbo gets lollipop.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I hope that Verizon will want the turbo to get lollipop update before or around the time the nexus 6 hits their stores ? I read someplace I can't remember were that Verizon is to launch the nexux 6 mid February?

I read somewhere they are working on a nexus 6 Verizon exclusive. It's supposed to be with a 4000 mah battery.

Last edited:

LinuxWeather

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I read somewhere they are working on a nexus 6 Verizon exclusive. It's supposed to be with a 4000 mah battery.

That would be surprising, not just due to costs/logistics but also then they'd be directly competing with their Droid line. In all honesty a nexus on VZW is like buying a Ferrari and putting 85 grade gas in it.

Posted via the Android Central App

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I have both and my mechs 7 had been updated to 5.02 and had no slowdowns at all, and the battery dies seen to last longer. I will test it later tonight to see if it's just in my head. My turbo rubs great on 4.4.4. So I'm in no hurry to get a botched update. I just wish they had ironed this out first considering they knew the backlash they would be having if there was a delay.

lkovach

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
According to an article on the home page, the Moto G is starting to get Lollipop today. Maybe that's a sign that the Turbo will finally get it in the next few weeks.

lkovach

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Anyone get the email from Motorola about the soak test? Curious if it's for lollipop...

Posted from 64GB BN Droid Turbo

I got it too and I'm pretty sure this is for Lollipop. I did the survey and I'm just waiting to hear back for the next step.

Posted via the Android Central App

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vignajeanniegolabek