Not open for further replies.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Wow. "Trust" and "Verizon" used in the same sentence. Makes me wonder if you are a Verizon customer?

Posted via the Turbo

I'm a Verizon customer, and don't usually trust anything they've got to say. However, if Verizon says the update is incoming it probably is, because they won't say d!ck about anything until it's set in stone and just around the corner.

leprechaun007

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
False alarm. Far too quick and I notice no change. Maybe it's a fix for those experiencing the "unable to receive calls" prob. I never had that issue, so I can't say. Version is 21.44.12.en.US

Moo Cow

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Negative. Must be some minor bug fix

Maybe the first second of audio when you make/receive a phone call with Advanced Calling doesn't cut out with the update, perhaps?

But I knew this wasn't lollipop. They just reported on the front page of AC as top story right this moment the AT&T Moto phone is getting Lollipop soak test invites. Bet your bottom dollar the Turbo will get the same treatment if it were Lollipop soaks being sent out.

JeffMerr

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
Will the new update be able to address the low speaker volume issues? This is the only phone I've owned where with the sound all the way up I sometimes miss hearing the sound from text messages and other notifications. Also when I listen to podcasts with headphones, the volume does not go very high. I've turned the EQ off as another thread suggested but didn't notice much of a difference.

dcallan

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
Phone requires HD (VOLTE) calling on to have decent volume. I should know. I went through 5 Turbos due to call volume issues. There were some issues more recent problems with VOLTE for some users. Some users reported a 2 second delay at the start of every call. I expect a fix in the works for those issues.

jrmt077

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
Hey Jeff, Myself and many others had the same issue with low volume sound. It has gone around many threads to go into settings, sound, and turn off "audio effects". It worked like a charm for me, now call volume and notification sounds can be adjusted noticeably loud. Try it.
Edit: I forgot, I had read in some threads that the early builds had the audio effects turned on by default, and later ones it was off by default, don't know if its true, could be they realized the issue.

Last edited:

ckelly33

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Do you think I would have to have the VoLTE service turned on to receive the update? I have it off now because it sucks so bad, BUT I'd love for it to work as expected

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Do you think I would have to have the VoLTE service turned on to receive the update? I have it off now because it sucks so bad, BUT I'd love for it to work as expected

I have it turned off and just received the update 10 minutes ago.

Change log link goes to generic update page. Would be nice to know exactly what this update contains.
Sent from my Ballistic Turbo

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-02-23-13-14-31.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-02-23-13-14-31.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 216

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
JJ Jones were you part of the soak?

Nope. Never signed up or anything.
It's odd tho that when you multi tap on the Android Version in the about phone section, it now brings up an S instead of the K. Perhaps it is some type of soak test that's going out via ota to everyone in phases?

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I noticed that advanced calling was automatically turned back on after the update.

Also, and this could be a fluke, signal has improved from (-110 to -108) to (-105 to -102) while sitting on my couch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781