Droid Turbo: Lollipop software update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

irishlak

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
Lol and we need lollipop so bad, I ran that test with brightness all the way up and 9 apps open just to see what it could do, well 50,574 is mind blowing considering my battery was at 20% too lol

Posted via the Android Central App

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
@ All

Few posts were removed due to some off topic discussion that brought racial comments/comparisons into the thread. This was un necessary and therefore it was removed. Please refrain from this in the future.

Thanks.

Paul
Mod Team Leader @ AC.

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
.... Again, how about communicating any or all of it to the customers?
I am in my own business and if I operated like this I couldn't feed my dog.
Believe me when I say the last thing I am is a proponent of anything government. However, if businesses get too big to have to care about it's revenue sustaining base, someone with a bigger hammer has to step in.
Especially when sales are promoted under false pretense, i. e. buy our Turbo now with KitKat, Lollipop is just around the corner, we promise.
Again, I'm happy with 4.4.4, my ranting is all about how we are being treated.

First, I don't recall them ever saying that Lollipop was "around the corner". All they said it that it would be updated to it. Second, you must be new here. Verizon never announces anything until they're 100% positive that it will roll out. A few years back I contacted them about a device that was rumored to be launching the next day. They wouldn't even confirm it existed. The next day they knew everything about it. I asked them about it and was told they usually won't announce anything unless it's set in stone otherwise people would be mad that they didn't deliver on what they said. I think most companies are like that anymore. HTC put out a date for when the M8 would get Lollipop and missed the date and there was a backlash because they didn't deliver on their promise.

While them being more open with customers would be nice for us, if they don't make their deadline it's a nightmare for them, fielding angry calls wondering why "x" didn't happen like they said it would. But again, they never said Lollipop was right around the corner, only that the Turbo would get it, which was a foregone conclusion since it's a newer device. They've never even stated which quarter it would come be available, only that it would be available. People assumed tye Turbo would get LP quickly because of how fast the Droid Maxx got KK after the X last year. But if anyone looks at the rollout of KK and LP, it's plain to see this rollout isn't going near as smooth as with KK, even with the Nexus devices. Lollipop was announced on October 15 of last year, the first rollout to my Nexus 7 2013 WiFi didn't come until somewhere in the first half of December, which was pulled midway into it. Then the latest build showed up in early January. So the first completed update for even Nexus devices didn't happen until 3 months after it's announcement. Usually Nexus devices have it in weeks, not months, so this is not your typical rollout. Finally, as I've said before, I'd rather wait until they get rid of most if not all the bugs before they release it to us. Otherwise these forums would be filled with ranting and raving about how it screwed their device and why didn't they wait until they had a more stable build. For these companies anymore it's damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Last edited:

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if any verizon device actually has lollipop? I don't mean someone buying a t-mobile nexus 6 and porting it over.

TechCaptain

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
I have a few buddies with an S5 on Verizon and they have Lollipop. It's not very different at all though due to TouchWiz.

Billy Bixby

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
I'm hearing Lollipop is coming to turbo by Halloween at the very latest. That is worst case scenario. More than likely we'll have it by late September. 🙌

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm hearing Lollipop is coming to turbo by Halloween at the very latest. That is worst case scenario. More than likely we'll have it by late September. ??????

That will be the one year anniversary of the release of the Turbo. I hope that's incorrect news. I'm not chomping at the bit or anything, but that is pretty late in the game.

Moo Cow

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm hearing Lollipop is coming to turbo by Halloween at the very latest. That is worst case scenario. More than likely we'll have it by late September. ??????

"I'm hearing..."

From where, if I may ask? Legitimate source? Link?

Status
Not open for further replies.