Droid Turbo: Lollipop software update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

irishlak

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
Lmao that would have been a perfect April fools day joke. Trick or treat you get some lollipop bugs to eat.

Posted via the Android Central App

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Well anyway they are slow to bring 5.0 update to us the m8 has it now so the wait is still on

With all of the issues I'm heading about I'd rather Motorola wait. It doesn't change enough to warrant the massive complaints we will all have. I do want Lollipop but not until its completely ready.

irishlak

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
My to be not named wife works for tech and development for Verizon. She and the Verizon team as of yesterday have had reports of over 7000 S5,s being hard reset in one day. So I for one don't want 5.0.0 or 5.0.1 or 5.0.2 I want the finished product 5.1 which is due to hit N7s in a week or so . let me remind you also that the S6 and the M9 are just around the corner as is LG G4 so what do those company's have to lose by pushing a buggy update oh wait nothing because they will sell a boatload of the new devices to desperate customers stuck with the buggy os updates . the new devices will be running 5.1 .

MattRevs

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
This update better be the best android update for a phone ever because they sure are taking their time. They said December, then they said early January, then they said within the coming weeks, then they said early March.

Look, I know Verizon and Motorola know what they're doing, but if you can't give an estimate on when you're going to finish an update, don't just keep telling us its coming when it clearly isn't anytime soon!

Attachments

• IMG_20141203_163204_2.jpg
    IMG_20141203_163204_2.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 147

MattRevs

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
My to be not named wife works for tech and development for Verizon. She and the Verizon team as of yesterday have had reports of over 7000 S5,s being hard reset in one day. So I for one don't want 5.0.0 or 5.0.1 or 5.0.2 I want the finished product 5.1 which is due to hit N7s in a week or so . let me remind you also that the S6 and the M9 are just around the corner as is LG G4 so what do those company's have to lose by pushing a buggy update oh wait nothing because they will sell a boatload of the new devices to desperate customers stuck with the buggy os updates . the new devices will be running 5.1 .

This thread is about the Motorola Droid Turbo, not the Samsung Galaxy S5/S6/S99 or the HTC ONE M8/M9/M99 or the LG G3/G4/G99. Please stay on topic.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
This thread is about the Motorola Droid Turbo, not the Samsung Galaxy S5/S6/S99 or the HTC ONE M8/M9/M99 or the LG G3/G4/G99. Please stay on topic.

Which is what he is doing. He is reinforcing his point by providing examples of the large amounts of complaints that are made about Lollipop. It doesn't matter what brand it is it will have issues. I have a friend with Lollipop and he is far more annoyed with it than he was on any other Android version.

Before you call someone out like that read their post. There is a reason Motorola hasn't released it yet and it is because they want to skip the glitches that OTHER manufacturers such as SAMSUNG are having.

MattRevs

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
Which is what he is doing. He is reinforcing his point by providing examples of the large amounts of complaints that are made about Lollipop. It doesn't matter what brand it is it will have issues. I have a friend with Lollipop and he is far more annoyed with it than he was on any other Android version.

Before you call someone out like that read their post. There is a reason Motorola hasn't released it yet and it is because they want to skip the glitches that OTHER manufacturers such as SAMSUNG are having.

Unfortunately, you did not understand what I'm complaining about. You needed to read it twice. (This aspect was kinda my fault)
I'm pointing out that telling everybody an update is coming when it isn't, is not a very good business strategy. Normally, this wouldn't be a problem if the dates they gave us were in the ballpark, but the issue is that they weren't even remotely close.
They should THINK before they ANNOUNCE... kinda like you.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
This update better be the best android update for a phone ever because they sure are taking their time. They said December, then they said early January, then they said within the coming weeks, then they said early March.

Let's be fair. Neither Verizon nor Motorola has ever promised a date. They never do until it's ready. I think you're remembering rumors that were obviously invented rather than real.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, you did not understand what I'm complaining about. You needed to read it twice. (This aspect was kinda my fault)
I'm pointing out that telling everybody an update is coming when it isn't, is not a very good business strategy. Normally, this wouldn't be a problem if the dates they gave us were in the ballpark, but the issue is that they weren't even remotely close.
They should THINK before they ANNOUNCE... kinda like you.

Kinda like me? In case you didn't know the only thing Motorola promised us was an update that provided VoLTE within 90 days. We got that update. Lollipop was promised but never did they specify which version.

Secondly, he said he wants a properly working Lollipop and not the mess that is 5.0. I'm not arguing your points but you're telling him to stay on topic when he was clearly on topic. That's what I was calling you out for and nothing else. Maybe were both at fault for not clarifying but I definitely don't need to "think before I post".

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
By the by, WHY CANT YOU DELETE YOUR OWN POSTS????

Are you on Android Central App or Tapatalk? If so, you need to go on either a PC or your phones browser to delete a post. At least that's the only way I've been able to.

irishlak

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
My wife has been a senior software slash o.s tech for Verizon for 6 years, even she was never given a date. All the techs know is it is in development , their are several different teams that work on a specific part of a ota o.s update, thus not one person knows until the senior VP says release it. You would think if their was a date that was given out I would know and tell you, its not hard to get info out of her lol just give her a box of chocolates , if you think I have not been trying well I'm out of chocolate .... All I can tell you is what I am told and that is stop asking me it will be out soon. So to address your opinion that I was off topic think what you want its your opinion . pps I know how this software process goes I work in development for HP....

irishlak

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
You will also notice that several lollipop updates will be pushed out quickly by other carriers , this is a attempt to entice people to switch carriers its just tech trench warfare, the old bait and switch trick kinda like that nice girl you date then when you get married she turns into ,well I can't say what I want to because its not p.c lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781