Droid Turbo: Lollipop software update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
OMG! This thread is like a train wreck! I'm annoyed at myself for not being able to stop watching it, but I'm fascinated by the cross-section of human behaviors and responses being revealed as a result of this "lollipop catastrophe". LOL

By the way....I have a degree in Psychology and sometimes stay at a Holiday Inn Express.

To be fair, it's a thread about lollipop and pretty much everything about lollipop has been a train wreck.

Posted from my Droid Turbo, Kelly and Ozone

KSDroid01

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I finally got around to swapping my Turbo's sim card into my HTC One M7 yesterday and updating it to Lollipop (5.0.2). It's OK, but I am really disappointed that my M7 won't follow me around in hover mode after the update. Really, guys, after all the collective wailing and gnashing of teeth in this thread, I predict there is going to be a little bit of a letdown after we finally get L. Kinda like Christmas morning after months of anticipation, opening your presents and looking around and thinking "ummm...is that all"?

PS Nevertheless it really torques me that my two-year-old (isn't the two-year mark the dividing line to functionally-obsolete in smartphone terms?) M7 got L before my Turbo. Not because of the vast amount of improvements I'm missing out on, but because dang it, VzW and Moto have left my supposed six-months-ago top-of-the-line flagship in a technological backwater eddy. As a bit of a tech geek, that offends me.

PPS I'm an engineer in the private sector and with project schedules ranging from six to twelve months, being a MONTH late is completely unacceptable and if you did that more than once or twice you surely would be let go. Two years??? Boggles my mind.

Posted via the Turbo

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
You can't be publicly late if there was never a public date.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)

TurboHope

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
Thought this was funny, was at my parents today for a kids bday party. My mom says oh I got an update on my phone I love the new way it looks and feel, my cousin says me too just came the other week, and then my wife says something similar... All of them different phones. I died laughing, because none of them even knew it was lollipop, nor care about wanting the new system. Just thought it was funny guys, have a good holiday.

Posted via the Android Central App

TurboHope

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
You can't be publicly late if there was never a public date.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)

Right Verizon is a like that guy who gives his girlfriend an engagement ring and doesn't set a date 😯. So I guess we are the dumb girl in this analogy...oh wait

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Right Verizon is a like that guy who gives his girlfriend an engagement ring and doesn't set a date ??????. So I guess we are the dumb girl in this analogy...oh wait

Hey, just as long as we're pretty and won't have trouble snagging a new one if things go south, that's OK! ;-)

88horizon5speed

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
I finally got around to swapping my Turbo's sim card into my HTC One M7 yesterday and updating it to Lollipop (5.0.2). It's OK, but I am really disappointed that my M7 won't follow me around in hover mode after the update. Really, guys, after all the collective wailing and gnashing of teeth in this thread, I predict there is going to be a little bit of a letdown after we finally get L. Kinda like Christmas morning after months of anticipation, opening your presents and looking around and thinking "ummm...is that all"?

PS Nevertheless it really torques me that my two-year-old (isn't the two-year mark the dividing line to functionally-obsolete in smartphone terms?) M7 got L before my Turbo. Not because of the vast amount of improvements I'm missing out on, but because dang it, VzW and Moto have left my supposed six-months-ago top-of-the-line flagship in a technological backwater eddy. As a bit of a tech geek, that offends me.

PPS I'm an engineer in the private sector and with project schedules ranging from six to twelve months, being a MONTH late is completely unacceptable and if you did that more than once or twice you surely would be let go. Two years??? Boggles my mind.

Posted via the Turbo

See the way I see it is this...the turbo didn't get it because it has so many bugs, bugs that are still around on 5.0.2. Why bother with those updates when we can go straight to 5.1 and 'hopefully' SKIP those problems that plague others who got the update?

I do understand your frustration and as a geek it annoys me too. I like having the newest and greatest. But I also need my phone to work well

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
See the way I see it is this...the turbo didn't get it because it has so many bugs, bugs that are still around on 5.0.2. Why bother with those updates when we can go straight to 5.1 and 'hopefully' SKIP those problems that plague others who got the update?

I do understand your frustration and as a geek it annoys me too. I like having the newest and greatest. But I also need my phone to work well

Newest and GREATEST. Unfortunately, while 5.0.2 was the newest, it was far from the greatest which I realize is the point you're making.

I want a stable operating system. Glitches will come and go no matter what but let's keep the major ones far away.

travaz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
it seems to me that 5.0 et al got dumped way too early. When the OEM's got 5.0 it was a big mess and the time they had to dedicate to it has led to the delays we now see. Why did some Moto phones get it early and the Turbo not? I think that is sheer numbers. Turbo is probably the lowest sales numbers of any one of the Moto products,

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm still calling BS on the idea of *widespread* *major* issues with Lollipop. Until I see some sort of quantifiable/more comprehensive report by a third party, I think this has become an urban legend. One with its basis in truth, of course, for all OS upgrades will have glitches for some subest of adopters.

Put another way, if the issues had really been as bad as some suggest, we'd all *know* that to be the case, because there would have been big time coverage of it. There hasn't seemingly been anything more than problems discussed on Internet forums (or fora if you prefer), just as there is with any sort of issue large or small, and the occasional vague mention of issues generally.

1Coopgt

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
I'm still calling BS on the idea of *widespread* *major* issues with Lollipop. Until I see some sort of quantifiable/more comprehensive report by a third party, I think this has become an urban legend. One with its basis in truth, of course, for all OS upgrades will have glitches for some subest of adopters.

Put another way, if the issues had really been as bad as some suggest, we'd all *know* that to be the case, because there would have been big time coverage of it. There hasn't seemingly been anything more than problems discussed on Internet forums (or fora if you prefer), just as there is with any sort of issue large or small, and the occasional vague mention of issues generally.

If you want to see some of the issues all you have to do is go surf some of the other phone forums like the Sammy S4 and S5 . The S4 has a problem where the OS keeps turning the Volume down for no reason . Sammy is telling the owners Not to FDR because it actually makes the problem worse .

atlas9171

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
If you want to see some of the issues all you have to do is go surf some of the other phone forums like the Sammy S4 and S5 . The S4 has a problem where the OS keeps turning the Volume down for no reason . Sammy is telling the owners Not to FDR because it actually makes the problem worse .

LG G3, would be another phone that has had issues with lollipop. I gave up on it and bought a turbo after a few weeks of that crappy update. Now the wife finally updated hers and it is another POS I'll have to replace soon. I can wait for a better version of lollipop than what LG released.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
How many moto x or nexus 6 users are reporting issues with lollipop? That would be more relevant to the turbo than samsung, HTC, or lg phones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1