Droid Turbo: Lollipop software update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rader023

May 17, 2010
Visit site
So you think we will be one of the "first phones to get android M"....just like we were one of the "first phones to get lollipop". Oh, wait, sorry, darn auto correct, one of the "last phones to get lollipop" I meant!!!

Posted via the Android Central App

Well we know Lollipop is on at least 1 Turbo, so I would say we will get L. M........not so much.

mrtonk

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
How is it that I've had to watch this kind of complaining for my last three phones? How did I go from being a Palm Pre user to a Thunderbolt to the first HTC One to the Turbo?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
How is it that I've had to watch this kind of complaining for my last three phones? How did I go from being a Palm Pre user to a Thunderbolt to the first HTC One to the Turbo?

None of your phones were Nexus.

flybub

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site

jrmt077

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
Just curious what do you think will be different the first day you turn on the G4? Will you be able to run some program you couldn't run before, or do a task that was not possible with KK? When you actually sit and analyze it, yes we all (or most of us) want L5.1 just to have the most updated version, but after the shine wears off the functionality will be the same (and yes I know volt volt volt :) ). Just another opinion.

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Just curious what do you think will be different the first day you turn on the G4? Will you be able to run some program you couldn't run before, or do a task that was not possible with KK? When you actually sit and analyze it, yes we all (or most of us) want L5.1 just to have the most updated version, but after the shine wears off the functionality will be the same (and yes I know volt volt volt :) ). Just another opinion.
To be fair, he'll have a helluva lot better camera and a replaceable 3000mah battery. If I were phone shopping right now, the G4 would be on my short list (but I wouldn't pay ETF to change from my Turbo).

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
To be fair, he'll have a helluva lot better camera and a replaceable 3000mah battery. If I were phone shopping right now, the G4 would be on my short list (but I wouldn't pay ETF to change from my Turbo).

Truth be told, I had the G4 with black leather back loaded up in my Verizon shopping cart yesterday. That camera just keeps calling my name. The removable battery makes up enough for the difference in overall battery life between the Turbo and the G4 (and regardless the G4's battery looks to be pretty good for a non-Moto maxxed style battery). Expandable storage would be nice to have back, but the 64 GB I have on the Turbo is just over half full, so I've settled in to life without it (although the G4 only has 32 GB internal storage).

And leather.

Lollipop 5.1 is a nice additional thing on the list, but it isn't why I would grab the G4...almost grabbed the G4...might still grab the G4...

Newdroid122

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site

Completely agree.

But in having the turbo, and talking to friends who got the update on other phones... None of them seem to be completely happy with it. So don't see the reason for all the turbo shaming. I understand wanting the latest and greatest but bottom line is your phone runs flawlessly and is a beast.

That said, I love what I'm seeing in the g4 as well and if I was buying right now I would probably be leaning that way due to camera

TurboHope

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
To be honest I was all for getting lollipop, but now I can wait. For all I care I could use the turbo running KitKat until I buy my next phone (M). But I still wouldn't mind some more camera love.

Denis Runev

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site

Camera is in my top list, actually.
Besides I prefer IPS displays (Turbo screen is pretty poor).
I already ordered spare battery with craddle.
And of course SD card, cuz I'm out of space on my Turbo (32gb).
So for me there are plrnty of advantages =)

Have a nice day!

TurboHope

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
Camera is in my top list, actually.
Besides I prefer IPS displays (Turbo screen is pretty poor).
I already ordered spare battery with craddle.
And of course SD card, cuz I'm out of space on my Turbo (32gb).
So for me there are plrnty of advantages =)

Have a nice day!

Yeah, that sounds right for you. That's what this all boils down to, what you need in a phone = what phone to buy.

irishlak

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
Ummmm the turbo does not have a removable battery nor a SD card are you sure you are talking about the same device or did I miss something , I'm so sick of every device out their that I almost want to go back to a land line. Nothing appeals to me . G4 plastic uuughh S6 a hummingbird could land on it and break it, M9 nothing really new same crap so unless something absolutely blows my mind I'll stay with the turbo lollipop KitKat what ever until a device is released that is really a game changer.

posted with the first phone I have not broken in 2 days , Droid Turbo lol

TurboHope

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
Ummmm the turbo does not have a removable battery nor a SD card are you sure you are talking about the same device or did I miss something , I'm so sick of every device out their that I almost want to go back to a land line. Nothing appeals to me . G4 plastic uuughh S6 a hummingbird could land on it and break it, M9 nothing really new same crap so unless something absolutely blows my mind I'll stay with the turbo lollipop KitKat what ever until a device is released that is really a game changer.

posted with the first phone I have not broken in 2 days , Droid Turbo lol

You missed that he was talking about the G4

adayoff

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
I'm going to boycott Lollipop as much as I can before it automatically installs. I'm happy with my Turbo being awesome! I understand the stances on latest and greatest, but it's already awesome now and not an iPhone! I'm cool never getting Lollipop. Everything works great now. Don't fix what isn't broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12