Droid Turbo: Lollipop software update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Boy, multiple posts about what is surely a mistake on the Turbo info page even before the update has come out. This thread has really seen everything.

It's even seen people arguing back and forth about whether or not it is good even before it's been on the phone, so I guess complaining about it being 5.0.2 instead of 5.1 before we even know that is par for the course.

They've chnaged it back to 4.4.4 apparently. I don't buy it was a mistake. Why would they be changing the listed OS at all yesterday if the 5.1.x update is still "in the lab?" I still think the new Turbos will have 5.0.2 and will be udpated to 5.1.x when the older ones get the update pushed. That's my educated hunch anyway. Ima go tweet that as fact...

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Knew I should have gotten nexus 6. Talked to a buddy at s retail store just now. Said they have been flooded since opening with people pissed off. He spoke with a manager and was told the legacy customers are not getting it yet he was told that legacy customers are not getting it because Verizon wants to make sure all the bugs are worked out before they give it to us.

Standard response I know but just trying to get info and share it.

I guess that 1% mainly lives in the same town!

bpe4

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I got Lollipop!!!

I ordered an LG G4.

Congratz... looks to be a very good phone, and probably the best camera on any smartphone today. I suppose you had to pay full retail for the upgrade since the Turbo ain't very old... but the good thing is the full retail price is fairly reasonable.

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Congratz... looks to be a very good phone, and probably the best camera on any smartphone today. I suppose you had to pay full retail for the upgrade since the Turbo ain't very old... but the good thing is the full retail price is fairly reasonable.

Thanks. I'd been drooling over the camera, but still hemming and hawing overall. Lollipop isnt't even a deal breaker for me, but the way things have been handled, going back to the fiasco in January/February (soak testers publicly revolted as mentioned here a few days ago), enough is enough.

There's definitely plenty I'll miss about the Turbo.

TurboHope

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
Thanks. I'd been drooling over the camera, but still hemming and hawing overall. Lollipop isnt't even a deal breaker for me, but the way things have been handled, going back to the fiasco in January/February (soak testers publicly revolted as mentioned here a few days ago), enough is enough.

Smart choice, that's the phone I will switch to if I have to start a new contract. That camera is amazing.

Posted via the Android Central App

berserker

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Hey, I wanted to give a quick update on our progress on the DROID Turbo 5.1 lollipop upgrade since there seems to be A LOT of inaccurate information out there. We are still in the lab test cycle and things are looking good. We have not provided a launch date yet, but I will let you know as soon as the update is available.

Doesn't Verizon still have to bloat it and test it before it gets pushed out? If so then this could be quite an extended wait.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Doesn't Verizon still have to bloat it and test it before it gets pushed out? If so then this could be quite an extended wait.

The included Verizon is part of what is tested. Verizon doesn't test a build and then specify what needs to be added - they specify what needs to be added, Motorola (in this case) adds it and then provides it for testing.

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Smart choice, that's the phone I will switch to if I have to start a new contract. That camera is amazing.

Posted via the Android Central App

Thanks. Hope to run in to you around the G4 water cooler. I'm looking forward to our daughter's basketball camp at the end of the month. It's in the same gym where she has her winter program, so the conditions will be very similar to those with which I struggled on the Turbo (and had better esults with the Maxx). I've always loved sports photography, and now to be able to blend that with love of my daughter...I just should have been having a lot more fun! :)

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site

I know you just got it, but since this is a battery life thread, how is the G4 compared to the Turbo on battery life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluegarland692