Will the battery weaken and be less effective over time? How did users of maxx feel after a year or two with battery.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-13-2014 08:43 PM
    I came over from the Razr Maxx HD, which has non-removable battery. It was two years old in September or October. I usually only charged it every other day and never saw any battery degradation. I understand the concern though, I was at first also.
    11-13-2014 08:53 PM
    Did u charge every night

11-13-2014 09:14 PM
    Or charge a lot

11-13-2014 09:15 PM
    So far every other. Same as the Maxx HD. This phone gets better battery life so far in my opinion. Check out some of the threads dedicated to battery life. Good tips in there.
    11-13-2014 09:20 PM
    Maxx HD as well. I charged mine almost every night, my battery was still making it about 32 hours, which was the rated amount by Motorola after 2 years. I'm not worried about battery deg.
    11-13-2014 09:30 PM
    OK, can't remove battery, how does one replace it? Quirk of the day: this morning the screen says Launcher 3 cannot launch, would you like to wait or cancel? I cancel and try to reboot, but it went into the scrolling death spiral, continued scrolling to try and power off for about five minutes. Then I powered off again and it finally took. Removable batteries would have solved this pronto.
    11-13-2014 10:08 PM
    OK, can't remove battery, how does one replace it? Quirk of the day: this morning the screen says Launcher 3 cannot launch, would you like to wait or cancel? I cancel and try to reboot, but it went into the scrolling death spiral, continued scrolling to try and power off for about five minutes. Then I powered off again and it finally took. Removable batteries would have solved this pronto.
    You can replace it, but it requires disassembly of the entire device to get to it. There is a teardown video floating around that shows how to do it. Gonna need a few tools to do it too.

Not sure what you encountered there though, but if you hold volume down and power for about 5 seconds, the phone will reboot.
    Robert Jordan1 likes this.
    11-13-2014 10:32 PM
    Motorola says that the preferred method to restart the phone is long-press power for 7 to 10 seconds. They've had a failsafe like this for all of their fixed battery phones since the Razr.

See the top section. "How do I reset my device", https://motorola-global-portal.custh...kw/power%20off
    11-14-2014 05:38 AM
    Please remember if they went with removable battery it probably would have been only a 3000 to 3200 battery so your battery would have to weaken alot to get to that level. I would rather have the bigger nonremovable battery than a smaller removable one.

Posted via Android Central App
    11-14-2014 06:18 AM
    I haven't had a removable battery for the last four years (two older Droid phones) and never had a problem. Don't expect any problems with the Turbo, and even if their is one I've got insurance with extended warranty to cover it.

11-14-2014 07:21 AM
    My Droid RAZR Maxx lasted close to 3 years without issue. Over the last couple months, one cell died so the phone went from 30% charge down to 18%. Even with that, I got at least 30 hours per charge.

I think these batteries will be fine.
    11-14-2014 10:02 AM
    I have had probably a few dozen phones over the last couple of years. Yes that much. The phones have been on both sides. Some with removable battery and some without. I have never had a battery issue and even with the phones where I could swap batteries I never have. Never had the need even to have a spare battery.

I see how some need a removable battery but I have never had the need. So whether the battery is removable or not doesn't concern me.
    11-14-2014 10:09 AM
    It will take some getting used, a non removable battery that doesn't need replacing. But, thanks to all for the battery inservice info. Appreciate the help.
    11-14-2014 12:00 PM
    I have had the Droid RAZR maxx and the Droid maxx and now this phone all with unremovable batteries.... I charge every night on each device and have never ever seen any degrading.

11-14-2014 12:43 PM
    My Samsung type batteries all love being replaced. How can a Motorola battery keep fresh after a year or more of use? Or, is it, battery dies near trade in time?
    11-14-2014 04:09 PM
    Not concerned one bit. My previous phone was the Maxx HD and before retiring it for the Turbo the battery was holding up just as good as it was on Day 1. IMO, the non-removable battery issue is overblown.
    11-14-2014 11:29 PM
    Not concerned one bit. My previous phone was the Maxx HD and before retiring it for the Turbo the battery was holding up just as good as it was on Day 1. IMO, the non-removable battery issue is overblown.
    Couldn't agree more

Posted via Android Central App
    11-15-2014 02:35 AM
    Nope . Had a Razr Maxx in the past with a non-removable battery . No big deal .
    11-15-2014 11:38 AM
    After viewing the teardown video a week or so ago, no concerns. Presuming the electronics are durable, and considering I kept my last phone nearly 10 years, I'll probably be replacing the battery at some point. From the looks of it, no harder than replacing a hard drive or battery in my Mac laptop. Probably easier.
    11-15-2014 11:43 AM
    MIght as well chime in. Razr Maxx HD owner. Probably charge it 4 times a week, probably don't need to but don't like leaving the house with "only" 30-40% charge or less. It will be two years old at the end of the month and I haven't noticed any degradation in battery, although Kit Kat seems to use a bit more than Jelly Bean did.

Before I got it I was worried about not being able to replace the battery or else not being able to swap the battery if I ran low on power. The only time I ever ran out of battery in one day was when I deliberately tried to do it. I had 7 hours screen time on about 40% brightness. That's when I realized I'd never need to swap out to a fresh battery and also realized that Samsung owners (and others) that carry around a spare battery are the ones with a battery problem.
    11-15-2014 12:31 PM
    During a recent power outage which killed my wi-fi network and made the phone my primary means of internet access since our cell towers have genets (it was a wide area outage), I attempted to mitigate phone battery drain by tethering it to my laptop with the included USB cable from the phone charger. It stopped the drain on the phone battery and actually charged it a few percent. At the time, the phone was around 50%. Hence, in the realm of long periods of off the grid use, an external battery source may be fine for keeping the phone powered under heavy use. I think that particular night I had about five hours of screen time and the phone never got to 20%.
    11-15-2014 12:38 PM
    I have a three yr old RAZR with non-removeable battery that still goes almost 2 days on a charge (limited use). I charge it every night usually.. Have done so for all three years. I also have a Maxx...about a yr old...no problem with it either. Not worried about the Turbo...I thought most mfgrs were migrating to non-removeable batteries and no SD cards!
    11-23-2014 05:47 PM
    Got my power pack micro today (black canvas). Easy pairing with Turbo thru Moto Connect app and it works flawless for BT trusted device thru app. It has excellent reverse location of either the Turbo or the PPM with audible ping as well as GPS location in app. (Requires High Accuracy location turned on)

This thing was a lot smaller than I expected, just a little bigger than a box of matches. It is well built and is easy to use with its single button operation and notification light. Don't forget it charges up any Micro USB device with 1500mah and can last a full month after its battery is drained to still locate your phone.

Moto makes things simple, durable elegant and functional. Highly recommend for all the features at just $40.
    11-25-2014 09:43 PM