Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo data usage.

beeztrain

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Anyone notice their turbo using copious amounts of data for no apparent reason? My data reset at midnight and after checking facebook 3 times 2 hours I had already used .201 GB of data. That seems like an awful lot. And I got more data last month and with 2 weeks with thus phone went over for the first time. By a lot. 3gb a lot.

Posted via the Android Central App

Troops2990

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: data usage.

I have noticed that I have used more data on it than in recent months.. i dont know if thats something the phone is doing or if im just playing on it more than my old phone..

Danny1Bears3

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site

Anyone notice their turbo using copious amounts of data for no apparent reason? My data reset at midnight and after checking facebook 3 times 2 hours I had already used .201 GB of data. That seems like an awful lot. And I got more data last month and with 2 weeks with thus phone went over for the first time. By a lot. 3gb a lot.

Noticed this as well. I have NEVER come close to using 2 GB of data. This month, since getting my turbo, I'm at 75% of my data cap...the struggle is real.

scmurphy13

Feb 9, 2009
Visit site

I just noticed this, as well. Picked the Turbo up yesterday and went from barely having used any data to using almost half of it up.

Last edited:

Karl Turbo

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site

Verizon seems to be counting WiFi and mobile data, the phone says I've only used 81MB, Verizon 342MB in 10 days, which was a typical month for me previously. Verizon's data counting is daft - at least it better be. They claim it's just an "estimate", but I'm getting worried that there's going to be a fight about this going forward.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

I used a lot the first month since I set it up on 4g instead of my home wifi. About 500mb of apps and data to load. Otherwise this month seems perfectly normal.

w9awx

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site

Verizon says they do not count wifi data. Yet my 4 lines have gone through over 8g since my account start 11/6. Makes no sense. The most I've ever used while on Sprint was 6g for the four smartphone lines.

beeztrain

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site

It's not just the Turbo . People with the S5 are complaining about the same thing .

Has anyone inquired to Verizon about it? I never had a problem on 10 gig plan then they gave me 15 for the same price, I got the turbo mid cycle and bam I ended up going over by 3 GB. Just doesn't seem right. I didn't do anything different and when I'm home it on WiFi.

wheelerpr

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site

Since I upgraded to the turbo, Verizon says I've used almost 3gb of data in two days, which is more than I used all of last month. I've been on Wi-fi almost the whole time. My phone says I have used less than half a gig. Something is messed up. I'm going to call tomorrow.

beeztrain

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site

Since I upgraded to the turbo, Verizon says I've used almost 3gb of data in two days, which is more than I used all of last month. I've been on Wi-fi almost the whole time. My phone says I have used less than half a gig. Something is messed up. I'm going to call tomorrow.

Keep us updated! I would call but I'm working 7 12's so I'm either at work or sleeping lately

jesta192

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site

Everyone try turning off the option to "Avoid poor connections" in thy Advanced settings under wifi. This seemed to help some on mine and my wife's Turbos.

Also, everyone needs to file a complaint with Verizon so that we can get this resolved (and everyone who had data overages due to this can be reimbursed)!

wheelerpr

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site

I've used another .10gb of data since I last posted. I have not left wifi the whole time. Verizon must be counting wifi use. There is no way my phone is switching back to their network because I only have two bars of service in my house.

ckelly33

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site

Yeah, I'm on WiFi 90% of the time and the rest of the time I'm driving or something else (rarely using data). I typically use <2GB per cycle, in 5 days I've used 1.59GB. Still on unlimited but there is definitely something going on

macawmatt

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

We had some unusually high usage this month, but when you upgrade two phones and have all of your stuff resync, and then have to have one exchanged and do it all over again, you tend to burn through more data then usual.

Other then that, I haven't seen any unusual dates usage here. Been vigilant about tracking it too since we are on tiered data now.

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site

Anyone with higher than usual data use should carefully check the default settings in the Verizon Cloud app. Mine was set to back up hourly using data or wifi as well as backing up more items than I preferred. I reset the options and my data seems very close to normal.

Karl Turbo

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site

Anyone with higher than usual data use should carefully check the default settings in the Verizon Cloud app. Mine was set to back up hourly using data or wifi as well as backing up more items than I preferred. I reset the options and my data seems very close to normal.

Thanks - just checked and mine was wifi only.

wheelerpr

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site

I just got off the phone with Verizon. It's a known issue with the DROID Turbo where is tracking wifi data as network data.

The guy I talked to said they have had so many calls that they are not even transferring people to tier 2 tech support anymore. It's flagged in their system and they are working with Moto to get a fix pushed out.

The guy I talked to also said I would not have to pay any data overages, but I asked him to note that in my account anyway. He also scheduled a follow up call with me towards the end of my billing cycle so he can credit back any overages. I suggest you all call and do the same thing.

pdaniel219

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site

I'm gonna chime in here. Don't have the turbo yet. Grabbing that thing in Jan. Since it seems like this is a current problem, I wanted to add to it. My daughters iPhone 5C has used over 5G this month. She's usually at about 2.5 or 3 in extreme months. The rest of us have androids, Moto X myself, and our usage is normal. We just reset the cycle so I'm going to monitor it. Maybe this really is a Verizon problem. I might have to call them. Thanks for all the input!

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463