08-05-2016 08:18 PM
47 12
tools
    Anyone notice their turbo using copious amounts of data for no apparent reason? My data reset at midnight and after checking facebook 3 times 2 hours I had already used .201 GB of data. That seems like an awful lot. And I got more data last month and with 2 weeks with thus phone went over for the first time. By a lot. 3gb a lot.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-16-2014 07:24 AM
    I have noticed that I have used more data on it than in recent months.. i dont know if thats something the phone is doing or if im just playing on it more than my old phone..
    11-16-2014 07:33 AM
    Anyone notice their turbo using copious amounts of data for no apparent reason? My data reset at midnight and after checking facebook 3 times 2 hours I had already used .201 GB of data. That seems like an awful lot. And I got more data last month and with 2 weeks with thus phone went over for the first time. By a lot. 3gb a lot.

Noticed this as well. I have NEVER come close to using 2 GB of data. This month, since getting my turbo, I'm at 75% of my data cap...the struggle is real.

11-16-2014 11:50 AM
    I just noticed this, as well. Picked the Turbo up yesterday and went from barely having used any data to using almost half of it up.
    11-16-2014 01:32 PM
    Verizon seems to be counting WiFi and mobile data, the phone says I've only used 81MB, Verizon 342MB in 10 days, which was a typical month for me previously. Verizon's data counting is daft - at least it better be. They claim it's just an "estimate", but I'm getting worried that there's going to be a fight about this going forward.
    11-16-2014 01:47 PM
    I used a lot the first month since I set it up on 4g instead of my home wifi. About 500mb of apps and data to load. Otherwise this month seems perfectly normal.
    11-16-2014 02:30 PM
    Verizon says they do not count wifi data. Yet my 4 lines have gone through over 8g since my account start 11/6. Makes no sense. The most I've ever used while on Sprint was 6g for the four smartphone lines.
    11-16-2014 05:17 PM
    It's not just the Turbo . People with the S5 are complaining about the same thing .
    11-16-2014 06:42 PM
    It's not just the Turbo . People with the S5 are complaining about the same thing .
    Has anyone inquired to Verizon about it? I never had a problem on 10 gig plan then they gave me 15 for the same price, I got the turbo mid cycle and bam I ended up going over by 3 GB. Just doesn't seem right. I didn't do anything different and when I'm home it on WiFi.

Jeana Sturgell likes this.
    11-16-2014 07:57 PM
    Since I upgraded to the turbo, Verizon says I've used almost 3gb of data in two days, which is more than I used all of last month. I've been on Wi-fi almost the whole time. My phone says I have used less than half a gig. Something is messed up. I'm going to call tomorrow.

11-16-2014 08:00 PM
    Since I upgraded to the turbo, Verizon says I've used almost 3gb of data in two days, which is more than I used all of last month. I've been on Wi-fi almost the whole time. My phone says I have used less than half a gig. Something is messed up. I'm going to call tomorrow.

Keep us updated! I would call but I'm working 7 12's so I'm either at work or sleeping lately

11-16-2014 09:55 PM
    Everyone try turning off the option to "Avoid poor connections" in thy Advanced settings under wifi. This seemed to help some on mine and my wife's Turbos.

Also, everyone needs to file a complaint with Verizon so that we can get this resolved (and everyone who had data overages due to this can be reimbursed)!
    11-16-2014 10:06 PM
    Even with WiFi on and me being home all day, I use a bunch of data. Never had this problem with any other phone and I'm not happy about it.
    11-16-2014 10:24 PM
    I've used another .10gb of data since I last posted. I have not left wifi the whole time. Verizon must be counting wifi use. There is no way my phone is switching back to their network because I only have two bars of service in my house.

11-16-2014 10:54 PM
    Yeah, I'm on WiFi 90% of the time and the rest of the time I'm driving or something else (rarely using data). I typically use <2GB per cycle, in 5 days I've used 1.59GB. Still on unlimited but there is definitely something going on
    11-16-2014 11:02 PM
    We had some unusually high usage this month, but when you upgrade two phones and have all of your stuff resync, and then have to have one exchanged and do it all over again, you tend to burn through more data then usual.

Other then that, I haven't seen any unusual dates usage here. Been vigilant about tracking it too since we are on tiered data now.

11-16-2014 11:44 PM
    Anyone with higher than usual data use should carefully check the default settings in the Verizon Cloud app. Mine was set to back up hourly using data or wifi as well as backing up more items than I preferred. I reset the options and my data seems very close to normal.
    11-17-2014 12:25 AM
    Anyone with higher than usual data use should carefully check the default settings in the Verizon Cloud app. Mine was set to back up hourly using data or wifi as well as backing up more items than I preferred. I reset the options and my data seems very close to normal.
    Thanks - just checked and mine was wifi only.
    11-17-2014 12:33 AM
    I just got off the phone with Verizon. It's a known issue with the DROID Turbo where is tracking wifi data as network data.

The guy I talked to said they have had so many calls that they are not even transferring people to tier 2 tech support anymore. It's flagged in their system and they are working with Moto to get a fix pushed out.

The guy I talked to also said I would not have to pay any data overages, but I asked him to note that in my account anyway. He also scheduled a follow up call with me towards the end of my billing cycle so he can credit back any overages. I suggest you all call and do the same thing.

ckelly33, adayoff, MA2GA28 and 2 others like this.
    11-17-2014 09:27 AM
    I'm gonna chime in here. Don't have the turbo yet. Grabbing that thing in Jan. Since it seems like this is a current problem, I wanted to add to it. My daughters iPhone 5C has used over 5G this month. She's usually at about 2.5 or 3 in extreme months. The rest of us have androids, Moto X myself, and our usage is normal. We just reset the cycle so I'm going to monitor it. Maybe this really is a Verizon problem. I might have to call them. Thanks for all the input!

Posted via Android Central App
    ckelly33 likes this.
    11-17-2014 09:36 AM
    I'm pretty much on par with my data usage for this month . I'm not seeing anything different from my S5 when I was unlimited vs my 10gb plan now with the turbo .
    11-17-2014 08:02 PM
    Yes, I had already reached 75% data usage (1.5 GB) w/in 15 days. This is more than usual, but I attributed it to the Verizon rep forcing me to sign into Google in store and the phone autodownloading all my apps. I hope I don't end up going over this month. I hate calling Verizon.
    11-17-2014 08:09 PM
    Normal usage for me. No issues so far.

Sent from my Droid Turbo 64G using Tapatalk.
    11-17-2014 08:50 PM
    Mine only shows since the plan change but seems to be normal.
    11-17-2014 09:03 PM
    Just talked to Verizon and didn't come away with the feeling that the person I was talking with knew about any issues with the data useage and the Droid Turbo. Our 4 lines are at 10g since November 6th and we use wifi a lot. On Sprint, we used less than 6g a month strictly on the network as they didn't even record the off-network usage. I sure hope there is an issue otherwise I am going to spending a lot of extra money a month we hadn't planned on. They show I've used 10.695g of data so far. Bumped our plan to 15g to be safe. Never used that much data in our entire Smartphone life.
    11-17-2014 11:05 PM
47 12