So this has happened to me 3 times while charging battery under 37% utilizing the turbo charging method. I guess the phone gets so hot the screen protector starts to peel off. Anyone else having this issue?

Vrrroooom pssshhh! *Droid Turbo posting sound*
    11-16-2014 11:42 PM
    Turbo charging is going to get the battery hotter than it's supposed to get. Any charge over 1C (IOW, charging the battery from 0 to 100% in less than an hour) is a scheme to sell more batteries - it's definitely not recommended by the industry (as opposed to the people who make monry selling batteries).
    11-17-2014 12:45 AM
    I guess I have to just go naturally aspirated.

Vrrroooom pssshhh! *Droid Turbo posting sound*
    11-17-2014 01:03 AM
    Turbo charging is going to get the battery hotter than it's supposed to get. Any charge over 1C (IOW, charging the battery from 0 to 100% in less than an hour) is a scheme to sell more batteries - it's definitely not recommended by the industry (as opposed to the people who make monry selling batteries).
    The Turbo charging for the Droid (0-100%) completed in less than one hour?? Where did that come from? I have never read or seen that level of perform discussed. That pace of force charging would damage the battery.

Motorola's documentation (as I read it) talks about 8 hours in 15 minutes and that the turbo charging effect drops off above 50% battery level. None of the tests posted on here indicated anything like getting a 0-100% charge in less than a hour.

Absolutely a battery gets warm charging. Temperature will increase with a faster charge rate. But the key question is does the turbo get hot enough to cause battery damage. I don't think any of us have the data to determine the answer to that question. I know I don't. So it comes down to a matter of trust.

For the record - I don't sell batteries.
    11-17-2014 09:33 AM
    We just need to get some data points and it could be done. My turbo got to 133 degrees, according to the battery app. It felt very hot, to some parts of the skin it would even start feeling uncomfortable. And in reality it takes just a bit over one minute per percent. So two hours ish. But it does get to about 60 percent pretty quick.
    11-22-2014 01:02 AM
    Well, as far as I know, the Turbo does not have any sort of temperature measuring sensor built in. (Some phones do).
    For a software app to indicate the temp of the battery can only be some form of prediction based on charge current. Not very accurate!

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-23-2014 01:39 AM
    Who makes the protector and does it fit properly?

I haven't had a problem with mine but I'm using a 5.3" universal GPS screen protector I bought at wally world since I can't find one for the phone that fits the way it should covering the entire screen with all openings cut. Did anyone come out with the full screen one yet?
    11-23-2014 07:57 AM