battery life - If you have not cleared your cache do it.

mjhubbard

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I see a lot of discussion about bad battery life. I was experiencing it as well. Clearing the partition cache got me from 50% at the end of the work day to 75%. I think this should be put somewhere for all turbo owners to see as a "get your phone, immediately do this". And stickied. Just a thought and did not want to burry it in the long battery thread.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Some clear the cache partition once a week, some once a month, and some when the phone is not performing normally.

Sent from my Droid Turbo 64G using Tapatalk.

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Search these forums for "How to clear cache" from CKelly and you'll see it there.

Should the cleaning take a long time? I'm at about 10 minutes now .. making me nervous.

LATER: Whew! 10 minutes people! ;-) Don't worry, it'll come back and reboot on it's own.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
It should be a quick process.

It should be quick, and it once was on the Droid Maxx, but since the 4.4.4 update (the version the Turbo is running) it usually takes about 10 to 20 minutes on the Droid Maxx. I'm not surprised that the Turbo is the same.

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
I am trying to do mine again (did it when I got it, but have disabled a LOT since then) and it's still on the Android after 10 minutes... and it doesn't say "Erasing..." above the blue bar this time... lol. What is happening.

And it finished. Phew!

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Does take a lot longer than previous phone. I didn't time mine but I'd guess 5 minutes or so - I'll admit, I was nervous taking so long.

mjhubbard

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I got nervous after 5 minutes but did not think it wise to push buttons. Prayed and waited.

Made it from 6 am to 10 PM with 50% left. A record by 30% for me.

Clear the cache.

Posted with my turbo charges droid turbo.

Danny1Bears3

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
What exactly is this process doing?

Clears cached data from the phone. I guess it could help with battery life. It give the applications in the phone less garbage to search through, therefore using less battery and makes the phone more efficient.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte15