08-30-2018 03:19 AM
95 1234
tools
    I'm having the same problem. 2 week old Galaxy S6 edge plus
    You might want to ask in the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus forum instead of the Droid Turbo forum?

Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+ - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com
    11-16-2015 02:29 PM
    are you accidentally pressing the side volume keys?
    No
    11-26-2015 08:07 AM
    Ahhhh! People...you are not alone. It's a bug I think associated with lollipop. I'm 100% sure a bug. I need my music to go steady for my workouts. I'm driven crazy everyday by my phone fighting with itself on volume. I have it wayyyyy worse than yall described. I have note 4 on att also. Whenever I plug in my headphines..the "Media" volume will pop up randomly on its own and cut itself down. I can show u videos. I went as far as to install a volume lock app as a work around. Guess what..it works **** now I see the phone fight with the app..Hahaha I need to do a vid. U will see phone cutting music down while app tries to Muscle it back to locked setting amount. This drives me SOOOOOOO crazy. I was ready to snap and bust the phone as I hear the volume going up and down constantly. I thought it was my Urban Armor gear case. But nope. Took it off and issue still remains. I thought it was certain songs only at first or maybe headphones...but now I realize it's a true bug that needs to be fixed asap. I'm huge on working out and I need the music to zone out. So picture me ready to crush phone in hands because it's throwing me off on my zoning out....Hahaha. so much so I'm considering switching to that big iPhone like my note. But I don't know if they let u install the music to phone from Google. Not trying to stream constantly. Have a 64gb Samsung high speed card in the Note 4. Plus it came with 32gb internal. Alot is my music. I need this volume working right. Now I see why I'm missing calls and stuff also. The other things noticed are correcr. I'm experiencing them all and what I described.

I'm on Note 4 latest att lollipop update. I hate this lollipop bull. Lol smh I told my dad this update won't ish...lol now I'm dealing with all these new bugs. Just give me my kit kat bar back. I like the chocolatw..haha. please help! Sorry for any typos or whatever. Writing this like I'm texting.
    YES!! Me too!! I use my phone to listen to music for my work outs and it totally bums me out when my phone starts doing this! It's SO frustrating! It seems to only do it when my headphones are in. Do you have a solution???
    11-28-2015 10:21 PM
    It's your headphones. Had the same problem with my girlfriend's Nexus 5X and couldn't figure it out for the life of me. Had her use my Nexus 6 for a bit and all of the sudden it had the same problem. Switched to a different set of earbuds and the problem went away.
    12-01-2015 08:27 AM
    I know motorola , even with the droid razr maxx, liked to automatically regulate volume control. I don't notice it playing thru speaker, but thru wired connection (unknown with bluetooth) it will turn down to ~70% for protect your hearing. I try not to listen to it that loud. Ideally you want to listen to headphones no more than 30 minutes on/off type thing I think.
    12-08-2015 12:10 PM
    Someone suggested that the problem was being caused by the headphone jack thinking that the headphones are telling it to lower / raise the volume and even skip tracks, etc. This turns out to be the case. Which is why many of us have the issue while working out more than anything else. It turns out you can disable that "feature" with an app which will prevent the headphones from being able to control the volume and track selection. If you need these controls then this app is not for you, but otherwise, here is your fix:

I cant post links so just search play for wizdroid

I am in no way associated with this app. And btw its completely free.
    12-21-2015 11:48 PM
    Mine is that I have volume set to full but notifications and ringtone happen at half that.
    01-09-2016 07:41 AM
    My theory: it's a design flaw in the way that volume + track control work through the headphone jack.

My S5 came with a set of headphones that have an integrated control for volume + track control, and I do not seem to have any issues with volume adjusting itself when I use those headphones. BUT, if I have my phone connected through my car audio AUX in or I use third-party headphones, I do experience this problem. My guess is that the controls in the Samsung headphones issue commands to the phone via an extra ground connection in the jack.

The theory is that when using headphones / an AUX line that does not have built-in controls, the phone is misinterpreting small variations in voltage as commands to adjust volume. If you think about it, the variations would be caused by the phone's own power-saving, peaks in the audio for the track being played, etc.

So, basically, my theory is that: 1) it only happens with headphones that do not have integrated controls, 2) that the phone is too sensitive to control signals via the grounding pin on the headphone jack, and 3) small variations in voltage via the grounding pin are being interpreted by the phone as "volume down" commands.
    I've had a new galaxy s6 for 2 months now. I noticed I began having volume issues after. I plugged in headphones with no controls. I even witnesses and fought with the volume controls while they were plugged in. Moreover the volume problem persists for some time after I remove the headphones.

THIS IS DEFINITELY THE PROBLEM I experience.

Thanks for your great post.
    04-21-2016 04:11 PM
    This is the problem I'm having as well. I also want a consistent volume while working out. Its the most annoying thing. You should have posted the name of your volume locking app.
    05-24-2016 02:44 PM
    Someone suggested that the problem was being caused by the headphone jack thinking that the headphones are telling it to lower / raise the volume and even skip tracks, etc. This turns out to be the case. Which is why many of us have the issue while working out more than anything else. It turns out you can disable that "feature" with an app which will prevent the headphones from being able to control the volume and track selection. If you need these controls then this app is not for you, but otherwise, here is your fix:

I cant post links so just search play for wizdroid

I am in no way associated with this app. And btw its completely free.
    Thannnnnkkk Youuuuu!!
    05-24-2016 02:54 PM
    Ahhhh! People...you are not alone. It's a bug I think associated with lollipop. I'm 100% sure a bug. I need my music to go steady for my workouts. I'm driven crazy everyday by my phone fighting with itself on volume. I have it wayyyyy worse than yall described. I have note 4 on att also. Whenever I plug in my headphines..the "Media" volume will pop up randomly on its own and cut itself down. I can show u videos. I went as far as to install a volume lock app as a work around. Guess what..it works **** now I see the phone fight with the app..Hahaha I need to do a vid. U will see phone cutting music down while app tries to Muscle it back to locked setting amount. This drives me SOOOOOOO crazy. I was ready to snap and bust the phone as I hear the volume going up and down constantly. I thought it was my Urban Armor gear case. But nope. Took it off and issue still remains. I thought it was certain songs only at first or maybe headphones...but now I realize it's a true bug that needs to be fixed asap. I'm huge on working out and I need the music to zone out. So picture me ready to crush phone in hands because it's throwing me off on my zoning out....Hahaha. so much so I'm considering switching to that big iPhone like my note. But I don't know if they let u install the music to phone from Google. Not trying to stream constantly. Have a 64gb Samsung high speed card in the Note 4. Plus it came with 32gb internal. Alot is my music. I need this volume working right. Now I see why I'm missing calls and stuff also. The other things noticed are correcr. I'm experiencing them all and what I described.

I'm on Note 4 latest att lollipop update. I hate this lollipop bull. Lol smh I told my dad this update won't ish...lol now I'm dealing with all these new bugs. Just give me my kit kat bar back. I like the chocolatw..haha. please help! Sorry for any typos or whatever. Writing this like I'm texting.
    If you're plugging something in to the headset jack on your phone then I'm fairly certain this is caused by the plug you're using. The jack on your phone also has a mic connection that is being shorted out by your stereo mini plug. Count the number of rings on the plug, most likely there are 3 connection rings (the tip plus 2 actual rings). One connection is the "shielding" or "common ground". Basically the "-" terminal for both Left & Right. The second connection is the positive "+" for the Left and the third connection is the positive "+" for the Right. The plug you should be using has at least one more connection and that is the positive "+" for the mic. Most smartphone headsets also have a Volume +Up and a Volume -Down that use the positive "+" connections is different combinations to signal the smartphone to increase or decrease the volume. Because your plug does not have a connection ring for the mic "+" and it's being shorted out inside the jack creating the same signal that tells the phone to decrease the volume.
    SOLUTION: purchase a headset y-splitter that plugs into the smartphone jack and has two jacks; one for stereo headphones and the other for a mic.
    Be careful, there are 2 types of headset y-splitters but only one will work. The other splitter, the one you DO NOT WANT, has 1 plug that splits to give you two headset jacks. Hope this helps...
    07-03-2016 04:57 PM
    Just gonna ask because it has happened so many tines and I don't know what is going on: has anyone noticed the notification volume turning itself down/unexpectedly lower than last set?
    The same thing is happening to me but only when I use the earbuds that I bought the other day.
    07-27-2016 09:07 AM
    I've have just read this thread about the volume turn down issue. Boy that has got me some grief over recent months. Where do I find Power Save mode setting. Running 5:1.

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-28-2016 05:52 AM
    Well I've had my s6 edge for some time now and for a few months ive seen my volume have MAJOR problems. First it used to go and increase the volume and i turn it down but will still continue to go up. Some times it then goes to max volume. But now I'll have my phone mode on sound or vibrate and it will mute the phone to silent and silence the media volume. My version is 6.0.1.
    And i have used earphones with volume controls. This occurs on any volume source Bluetooth or just from my phone
    08-08-2016 04:24 PM

OMG that is the exact same problem that I have! The volume goes up and down and back again to where it's completley off or making my ears bleed. Everything is fine till I plug in my headphones.... Then it does the volume thing and it opens google and google music and everything else google related. I turned off OK google but it still happens. I am going to chuck my phone at the wall soon. The worst, most annoying, deafening and maddening bug I've ever come accross.
    08-13-2016 08:57 PM
    Go to Accessory options and set audio output to stereo, if you have this problem.
    Worked for me.
    08-26-2016 03:03 AM
    Go to Accessory options and set audio output to stereo, if you have this problem.
    Worked for me.
    Don't see this option anywhere in settings! Where is it?
    08-26-2016 10:30 AM
    My theory: it's a design flaw in the way that volume + track control work through the headphone jack.

My S5 came with a set of headphones that have an integrated control for volume + track control, and I do not seem to have any issues with volume adjusting itself when I use those headphones. BUT, if I have my phone connected through my car audio AUX in or I use third-party headphones, I do experience this problem. My guess is that the controls in the Samsung headphones issue commands to the phone via an extra ground connection in the jack.

The theory is that when using headphones / an AUX line that does not have built-in controls, the phone is misinterpreting small variations in voltage as commands to adjust volume. If you think about it, the variations would be caused by the phone's own power-saving, peaks in the audio for the track being played, etc.

So, basically, my theory is that: 1) it only happens with headphones that do not have integrated controls, 2) that the phone is too sensitive to control signals via the grounding pin on the headphone jack, and 3) small variations in voltage via the grounding pin are being interpreted by the phone as "volume down" commands.
    This is my issue. Cheap headphones with no volume controls, only a mic on the left lead. Volume constantly turning down while TRYING to enjoy some music. This needs a fix, badly.
    09-10-2016 04:46 PM
    I started having this problem recently too. I have only noticed it over the past week or so. I have had the phone since around Thanksgiving and I have always used the Moto driving and sleeping options so I didn't think it was that unless they recently updated the Moto app and I didn't notice that. The only other major change I have made is I now have a 360 that is paired with my phone. Has anyone had this issue that also has a 360? Don't know if that's doing anything odd.
    My not only turns itself down but it takes control of my Google App my voice button it turn my ringer off its like somebody else has control of it and I don't have my phone. With anything it seems to happen when I had my headphones plugged into it but there just a cheap air of headphones they're not bluetooth or anything like that
    09-13-2016 06:24 PM
    I experienced the same issue. Very annoying, drives you crazy. As a workaround I have installed an app called Max Volume. It locks the volume of selected channels (eg media). This resolved the issue for me.
    I am not associated to this app. Just wanted to share a workaround.
    hope this, or a similar app, works for you too.
    09-14-2016 02:05 AM
    I have a brand new Samsung S7 edge less than a week old. Everything was working fine until last night when I installed a free gold platinum theme. Almost immediately the volume button went crazy. I Googled the problem and found this forum. However none of the suggestions seemed to fit. So today I uninstalled the theme and the issue is gone. It appears that was the cause at least on my phone.
    09-20-2016 06:04 PM
    Yeah. That's exactly what I'm talking about.
    I turn my volume back up and it automatically turns down without me touching any buttons and even on the screen when you slide the bar over as soon as I'd like though i and even on the screen when you slide the bar over as soon as I Let Go it slid all the way back
    10-07-2016 11:42 AM

I am replying after an year and a half to an old post when people are talking Android N. But be it, you are right 100% I would say. Coz, turning in power saver mode was the only thing I did on my Redmi Note 3, and this weird issue started while on headphones.. You are awesome. Thank you...
    11-20-2016 07:59 AM
    I have the LG Stylo 2 and both the volume and ringtone settings has had self control. It likes to fight with me when I change the settings. I really get annoyed by it when watching videos and listening to music. I can't fix it and wish their was a solution to remove this problem. I think it may be a virus.
    02-01-2017 02:54 AM
    With other people having it, surely this isn't a replacement issue but a bug....?
    My ringer is up yet won't sound and sometimes my phone won't even vibrate. I've missed numerous calls and texts.i was thinking it had to do with the driving mode. At least when I had it activated I would know if I got a call or text. It cannot be the device. Has to be a bug of sorts. I'm not reformatting my brand new phone. I think if you turn your sounds completely off then back up, the notification will come back but for how long, I don't know.

To the Samsung user, it was a known bug with the software etc and they were not fixing it as the phones are outdated. I owned a S5 and also had one that was work issued. Both had identicle issues.
    02-02-2017 11:38 AM
95 1234