05-19-2018 05:17 PM
93 ... 234
tools
    I have the same problem when working out and always when it's an epic song and I'm hammering it out.

Also the google search listening waiting for me to speak app starts up.

First I thought my sweat was dripping down the ear bud wire into the mic/pause/speak apparatus and causing a short. So I pulled the button plat off and covered it with hot glue, to protect the wires from moisture. That did not work.

And can anyone explain why it only happens when it's an epic song and I'm kicking ***? Is this just Murphy's Law or is big bother from our Orwellian government want to stop people from controlling their bodies with their hearts?
    02-28-2017 11:48 AM
    I have the same problem when working out and always when it's an epic song and I'm hammering it out.

Also the google search listening waiting for me to speak app starts up.

First I thought my sweat was dripping down the ear bud wire into the mic/pause/speak apparatus and causing a short. So I pulled the button plat off and covered it with hot glue, to protect the wires from moisture. That did not work.

And can anyone explain why it only happens when it's an epic song and I'm kicking ***? Is this just Murphy's Law or is big bother from our Orwellian government want to stop people from controlling their bodies with their hearts?

Could it be sensor-related? Hard movings/shakes could activate some functionality.
    Or mic/line out loop on volume or even bpm peaks that make the system try to lower it down by lowering volume...both caused by a bug on a listening app...
    04-06-2017 05:33 AM
    This seems to be a long standing problem that is ignored by Samsung. My wife had just gotten the problem in a Samsung Note 3. One solution was to root the phone to access a more detailed setup menu which I found scary. The author said to stop the program that causes automatic raising of ascending ringtones. That lead me to looking at the setup menu I had since that option wasn't there. There were 2 setup items that automatically affected the volume. I found 2 but there may be more. One was settings "adapt sound" which was meant to change the volume to protect hearing when the earphones were plugged in. The other was "Settings-Device-Call-Increase Volume in Pocket". When I turned the first off the problem went a way. My wife has the phone and to see if it will return I think she needs to plug in the earphones because it did not return when I switched the setting back on. I couldn't test test the second choice because the ringer is now functioning. I ended up keeping the pocket one off since the first was for ear safety and the second wasn't. Reading an English manual they have smart volume switch which I am pretty sure my wife's phone did not. Carefully reading the setup menu and and finding and switching off items that do automatic volume control may be a possible way to fix the problem.
    04-06-2017 05:33 PM
    Since I got the new Motorola G4 Play it has been lowering the ring all the time. It will turn down the volume all the way the minute I raise it. Drives me nuts! I also constantly get an 'End Now' message for the DND even though it's turned off. I have the feeling the two issues are connected
    05-26-2017 03:48 PM
    I have the lg flex and have drive mode app on my phone and the app will silence ur calls 2 prevent u from using ur phone while driving 2 fix the issue turn the app offnope
    07-05-2017 11:05 PM
    After last post my phones volume decreased after turning off dr. mode however after much brain storming i entered settings language and input then turn off google voice texting lets see if deselecting the box is a fix 4 this issue if so i will b bk with a tumbs up
    07-06-2017 10:07 AM
    Ok people i have found my silent volume issue i hope this hlps all or some of u i did a soft reset on my phone meaning i pressed the power and both up/down volume buttons till the hardware screen page popped up and selected the off option. So i a nut shell propably after updating ur apps any one app has turned on/off ur hardware settings. Just look 2 see if ur hardware is on if so turn it off if its off turn it on thx ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
    07-06-2017 03:18 PM
    The volume delay is the most annoying. Any way to eliminate the delay in full volume?
    07-17-2017 10:16 AM
    My volume keeps tuning down on my Android phone how do I fix it
    08-09-2017 10:31 AM
    I am having the same issue and did a little research and I think the answer is too many apps running in the background and to preserve memory, android shut the volume down.
    09-08-2017 12:07 PM
    HI guys very simple fix to this problem if your volume goes down with earphones connected.

.settings- type in APPS
    .recommended apps- turn it OFF

This worked for me on samsung galaxy s5
    09-13-2017 05:12 AM
    It happen to me all the time. I am constantly checking to make sure the volume is up....I have the Samsung 6. i am sure I am not causing this to happen. Driving me crazy......
    10-02-2017 06:46 PM
    I was having the same problem with my Moto G 4 Play when I was listening to music with my headphones plugged in. The volume would go up and down and fight me when I tried to turn it back up. Turned out that my headphones were causing the problem. Evidently there was a short in the 3.5 mm plug that was causing the problem. Purchased some new inexpensive headphones and the problem stopped.
    10-17-2017 08:38 AM
    The same thing is happening to me but only when I use the earbuds that I bought the other day.
    I have been having the same problem,but I reinstalled peel remote, took off my tpu case, cut ringer up and for 30 min, which is the longest yet, is still set where I had set it to
    12-07-2017 12:33 AM
    My theory: it's a design flaw in the way that volume + track control work through the headphone jack.

My S5 came with a set of headphones that have an integrated control for volume + track control, and I do not seem to have any issues with volume adjusting itself when I use those headphones. BUT, if I have my phone connected through my car audio AUX in or I use third-party headphones, I do experience this problem. My guess is that the controls in the Samsung headphones issue commands to the phone via an extra ground connection in the jack.

The theory is that when using headphones / an AUX line that does not have built-in controls, the phone is misinterpreting small variations in voltage as commands to adjust volume. If you think about it, the variations would be caused by the phone's own power-saving, peaks in the audio for the track being played, etc.

So, basically, my theory is that: 1) it only happens with headphones that do not have integrated controls, 2) that the phone is too sensitive to control signals via the grounding pin on the headphone jack, and 3) small variations in voltage via the grounding pin are being interpreted by the phone as "volume down" commands.

Yup, fully agree with you. I know this is years ago now but I am currently using an S6 after I broke my iPhone. Apple headphones work just fine as they are, I assume, nearly identical in OEM design from Samsung. How eye hen I attach superior headphones with volume control on the wire leading to the left ear I instantly get volume jumping up and down. It's so irritating. I have no idea what to do about it. ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ก
    12-15-2017 10:26 AM
    I had this issue.

It just went away with the following...

I use a Smart Volume Control+ widget and BK Plugin.

I went into BK Plugin and toggled Smart Volume Control+.

The widget then got reset and stopped working. So, I removed it and my volume controls worked, again.

I replaced the widget and the volume still works.
    02-11-2018 04:01 PM
    I had this issue.

It just went away with the following...

I use a Smart Volume Control+ widget and BK Plugin.

I went into BK Plugin and toggled Smart Volume Control+.

The widget then got reset and stopped working. So, I removed it and my volume controls worked, again.

I replaced the widget and the volume still works.
    Ugh, now it stopped.
    02-11-2018 04:04 PM
    First of all eveyone - this bug is not limited to any one make or model of phone. Its driving me mad on my Nexus 6p running Oreo 8.1.0 but its also been reported on Pixel, Pixel 2, Pixel XL and also on Samsung and LG phones. And its not just an Oreo issue, it goes way back to Gingerbread if you search. And its not just headphones, I get it on Bluetooth and others have reported it on the internal speaker. And its not just Spotify, it also happens on Google Play Music.

Volume Lock apps don't prevent it, they just struggle to restore the volume after a momentary (and very annoying drop.) Restoring the volume manually can also be a struggle as the phone literally fights to keep the "Media Volume" low.

I think the bug is related to the same bug being reported where ringtones inexplicably go silent, causing missed calls. (I have that bug too.)

Google says they're working on it.. But this bug has been around for YEARS and it seems to be getting worse!
    05-19-2018 05:17 PM
93 ... 234