Volume turning itself down?

ckelly33

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Just gonna ask because it has happened so many tines and I don't know what is going on: has anyone noticed the notification volume turning itself down/unexpectedly lower than last set?

ckelly33

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Lol. I don't think so. Its just sitting in my shirt pocket. I'd like to say that when I flex my chest it is turning it down but that would be a fantasy lol.

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed this several times but it is my ringtone that keeps getting lower. I notice missed calls and wonder why, then see the ring volume is almost all the way down. I have turned it back up several times. I suppose it is possible I am hitting the volume down key without realizing it.

ckelly33

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed this several times but it is my ringtone that keeps getting lower. I notice missed calls and wonder why, then see the ring volume is almost all the way down. I have turned it back up several times. I suppose it is possible I am hitting the volume down key without realizing it.
Yeah. That's exactly what I'm talking about.

Xelios

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Same issue, however I think it's because I keep turning down the volume itself since the speaker is so loud, and I'm forgetting to turn it back up.

adayoff

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Same here. Although my volume level when I enter the sound system via the control settings hasn't changed. I apparently have missed a bunch of texts never hearing them. The volume for the ringer is different from the notification/text volume. They are both maxed out in volume. Weird....

Posted via the Android Central App

ckelly33

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Happened again today. Can't be caused by accidentally hitting the rocker because it doesn't work if the screen is locked.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I've had my phone stop giving audible notifications completely and only vibrate. My phone wasn't set to vibrate and I had to reset my device. This has happened a few times already and is quite annoying since I've missed some texts already. I'm not sure what happens on calls but hopefully Motorola fixes this.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo

ckelly33

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
POSSIBLE SOLUTION?
Do any of you guys who are having issues use an app like Moto Drive Assistant or Agent to silence the phone while driving or sleeping. In my case, I use Agent. It silences during night hours (but allows calls to come through as opposed to Moto - since I am on call 24/7). What I am wondering is happening is when I finsih using the phone at full ringtone volume and it is triggered into a silent mode (either while driving or at bedtime) but resumes at a much lower volume than it was set on before the trigger activated the phone to go silent (in my case around 10-20% of full volume).

Are you guys that are having issues also using one of these silencing apps?

Last edited:

sst45jeff

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I noticed the same issue. My notified action sound is all the way down and ringer is normal.
I am also using the moto assist night silence.
I just started checking it in the morning trying to figure it out.
I also believe it is a bug with the moto assist night all silence.

kazza6680

Nov 25, 2014
Visit site
I have the same issue with my Samsung s5. It's driving me crazy I miss so many calls because the volume goes down on all my settings. I know I don't change them or bump them it's doing it itself. Can someone help or do you think its a warranty thing. My phone is only a month old

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463