Phone was working great the first week I had it, then last Tuesday morning (11/11) my alarm didn't go off. The screen would turn on if I waved my hand in front of it or touched it however I couldn't unlock the phone as I could not drag the padlock icon, and when I pressed the power button the phone became completely unresponsive and I had to reboot it. Anybody else experience this? It happens almost every night except when the phone isn't charging however I haven't tried this enough times to be sure it's the root cause.
    11-18-2014 09:45 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Does the screen misbehave any time it's plugged in and charging, or just overnight? If that happens any time it's charging, I wonder if there might be a shielding issue. Electrical current from charging can create an electromagnetic field that, if not properly shielded internally, can interfere with the touchscreen function. I notice this to a small degree when my Nexus 5 is on a wireless charger--the touchscreen response is slightly decreased.

If that's the case for your phone, then it's likely defective, and I'd bring it back to Verizon for an exchange.
    11-18-2014 05:33 PM
    Phone was working great the first week I had it, then last Tuesday morning (11/11) my alarm didn't go off. The screen would turn on if I waved my hand in front of it or touched it however I couldn't unlock the phone as I could not drag the padlock icon, and when I pressed the power button the phone became completely unresponsive and I had to reboot it. Anybody else experience this? It happens almost every night except when the phone isn't charging however I haven't tried this enough times to be sure it's the root cause.
    Dude.. Call Verizon CS and get a replacement. Its definitely not normal

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-18-2014 06:30 PM