Can't Answer Incoming Calls

gina050

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
How do you find the dialer app?I went to settings then apps and it show all apps download
ed.. allegiant etc.. I went up to the 3 dots on upper right and it just gives reset app

I have a moto e

Last edited by a moderator:

4myeyzsonly

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
This ones throwing me for a loop :eek:

Turbo has been brilliant aside from one tiny issue that i'm only now realizing...

Upon Receiving an incoming call my phone rings & vibrates - but will not display any alert on the screen (or lock screen) that there is an incoming call. If I unlock the phone as it's ringing the normal home screen is displayed and after a ring or two I receive the below "Mobile Data not available" prompt. Pressing ok results in the phone going back to the homescreen with once again, no further dialog to answer/ignore/mute the call (nothing in the notification bar either). Eventually the call will make it to voicemail as i can't answer it, and i get a prompt missed call notification.

Items i've checked so far:
disabled apps - re-enabled to make sure nothing got zapped that's interfering
Mobile data is enabled under settings

OTA Update was applied & Phone works fine otherwise, solid 4G service in populated area......

Thoughts/ideas?
TIA!

Note the missed call notification icon is displayed from a previous call when i was trouble shooting:
View attachment 149033

The ring logo shows up to answer or to refuse when I swipe the answer swipe to open it will not open for me to answer the phone I do not know what your help thank you.

I tap on an incoming logo and scrolling up and will not open up so I can't answer my phone0

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry Wade

Dec 10, 2016
Visit site
Thank you. My MOTO Z messed up four days ago, just after an update. I could not answer calls. I can hear them; there was nothing to press to answer. If I pressed the phone button - a line read that I can resume call. If I pressed this, then I can answer the call; by then, most people hung up. Going to settings/apps and pressing the three dots - on the drop down menu and selecting: Reset app preferences.

This worked fine, now my phone works again. 10DEC16 :)

EchuOkan1

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried resting your connections? If that does not work, I would reset the OS and start fresh without restoring from a backup.

annietwin1

Feb 4, 2017
Visit site
Have just figured out how to answer incoming calls thanks to one of your other customers who had trouble also. Thought I was the only one NOT to have received instructions for the main purpose of having a phone! Please include the instructions with phone as other types are all different in their usage.

Lee Lopez1

Apr 10, 2017
Visit site
This ones throwing me for a loop :eek:

Turbo has been brilliant aside from one tiny issue that i'm only now realizing...

Upon Receiving an incoming call my phone rings & vibrates - but will not display any alert on the screen (or lock screen) that there is an incoming call. If I unlock the phone as it's ringing the normal home screen is displayed and after a ring or two I receive the below "Mobile Data not available" prompt. Pressing ok results in the phone going back to the homescreen with once again, no further dialog to answer/ignore/mute the call (nothing in the notification bar either). Eventually the call will make it to voicemail as i can't answer it, and i get a prompt missed call notification.

Items i've checked so far:
disabled apps - re-enabled to make sure nothing got zapped that's interfering
Mobile data is enabled under settings

OTA Update was applied & Phone works fine otherwise, solid 4G service in populated area......

Thoughts/ideas?
TIA!

Note the missed call notification icon is displayed from a previous call when i was trouble shooting:
View attachment 149033

I Have a Moto Z Force and was having the same problem.

I figure out that Atom Launcher was causing the problem, so i have to delete app from my phone.

Hope this works for someone.

Sacmac123

Aug 23, 2017
Visit site
I just fixed this problem for my OnePlus 3 running nougat.
The issue was with InCallUI system app. It was showing up as silenced. Even after resetting app permissions it was not getting unsilenced.
The way to confirm this, go to settings->app->touch 3 dots and select Show System. This will list system apps. Then scroll in the app list to find InCallUI app. Select it and check Notification if it's silenced.
To fix this, answer a call and when the call is in process, you can see InCallUI that shows details of incoming caller on home screen. Select that, it will give you choice to silence notification or allow them. Select allow notification. You can go back in App Setting and System Apps to verify that InCallUI is back to normal and of course check by calling your number if it appears on the screen.

Putmancity

Feb 8, 2018
Visit site
Okay I figured it out being a new phone while I was going through my phones and trying to mess with the settings trying to get the pop-up ads off my phone did the same thing when the phone rang you couldn't get to answer it the incoming calls go to settings location find the picture of the phone and turn it on that's it let me know if I was right with this

Reharper72

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Here is the easiest and best way to fix it!

Step 1: call youself

Step 2: swipe down on notification bar to view the call(usually how you would answer while dealing with this issue)

Step 3: swipe the call to the right and click the setting wheel.

Step 4: select "do not hide notifications"

Step 5: test call after doing this with the screen off, its should work.

Kimswiger_777

Apr 2, 2018
Visit site
Screen does come on when phone rings

When someone calls the screen doesn't display and I go two turn on phone it hangs up on them then I go to phone and dail back to talk or if phone is on it rings I have to go to phone and then hit resume call to be able to slide to answer phone

Blueparis23

Aug 16, 2018
Visit site
If Moto G6 screen blacks out when recieving calls it maybe your screen protector. I had the same problem did a factory reset and phone still wasn't working. Remove the screen protector and phone was working. It seems there is a sensor on the front of the phone and if the screen protector is not installed right or something like dirt is blocking it when you receive calls there is no phone display and you can't hang up. I saw this solution on YouTube I hope it helps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair