Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Delete all Emails

tcbj

May 24, 2015
Visit site
I found a way to delete the emails quicker.go to the icon at the top right hand corner of the screen after you swipe down. Battery> user details>App info> clear cache. The app to choose is the email use are using. you can go back and forth until emails are deleted. First time I used this I got rid of all the unread emails. All 999+ of them.

OCnNC

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
I found a way to delete the emails quicker.go to the icon at the top right hand corner of the screen after you swipe down. Battery> user details>App info> clear cache. The app to choose is the email use are using. you can go back and forth until emails are deleted. First time I used this I got rid of all the unread emails. All 999+ of them.
This didn't seem to do anything for me. About ready to try one of the other email apps, ridiculous they got rid of the select all option.

RiveGauche2006

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
Re: Delete all Emails

so what did they say? i have like 999+ emails taking up space and i don't have the time to manually delete them? and also my sent box is piled up as well, this is ridiculous!

RiveGauche2006

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site

so does verizon wireless and/or read this forum? this is kinda ridiculous that there seems to be no solution for this problem and this thread was started in November of 2015, and here we are midway through June of 2015??

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

so does verizon wireless and/or read this forum? this is kinda ridiculous that there seems to be no solution for this problem and this thread was started in November of 2015, and here we are midway through June of 2015??

No, they have their own forums and customer support.

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site

RiveGauche2006 I am in total agreement with you. I can't believe the stock email app has no setting to select or delete all. I finally just gave up and used the option to add my personal email account (such as the one for my home internet, xxx@cox.net) to the Gmail app. Now my Gmail app has the Gmail address in it, but there is a drop down to select my two other non-Gmail addresses, and the notifications also work, so I get the on screen active notifications for both of those emails as well. I have a feeling this might be fixed when (if ever) we get Lollipop.

this_is_nascar

May 25, 2012
Visit site

While I agree that we should have that functionality, if it bothers you that much, delete the account(s) and re-add it/them. That will probably remove the emails.

Moo Cow

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

Are we discussing this issue or lollipop? Both are interchangeable really.

I got away from using POP mail myself. Reason being I moved so much and changed emails so much I just decided to go with Yahoo and GMail and be done with it. One is casual, one is professional. Works well for me. And I don't wish to combine the two into one app. I keep it as-is. If it isn't broke, don't fix it.

Posted via the Android Central App

WhyDidISwitch

Sep 19, 2016
Visit site
I just switched from iPhone to Droid Turbo2. Can't believe each email has to be selected to delete them. This is not good UX. I hope Motorola is paying attention and gets this fixed. So far, I am not excited about making the switch to Droid.

rochpetro1

Dec 1, 2016
Visit site
Press and hold on email and ribbon will pop up at top of page. You can select check mark there to mark all emails. Then delete, or hit individual marked emails to save. Kinda like old maxx "select all".

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I just switched from iPhone to Droid Turbo2. Can't believe each email has to be selected to delete them. This is not good UX. I hope Motorola is paying attention and gets this fixed. So far, I am not excited about making the switch to Droid.

The Gmail app can do POP and IMAP (and I believe Exchange as well) for all email accounts, not just Gmail accounts, and you can swipe to delete emails in the Gmail app.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair