Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Delete all Emails

Emperor

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
On my Droid Maxx using the native email app that came with the phone to check POP email accounts, I was able to delete all emails in the Inbox. I had an option on the menu called "Select All" and then I could select delete. I don't see this option on the Droid Turbo. Am I missing something?

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: Delete all Emails

Install k9 mail from the play store and use that app instead. The stock mail client is just not good.

Emperor

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

Same situation, same question! Manually emptying the trash is a real pain.

I just did an online support chat with Motorola. When I asked them about this option, they told me to call Verizon tech support.

Posted via the Android Central App

Fable

Android Rules
Nov 20, 2009
Visit site

The newest version of G-Mail takes care of this. Just link your POP mail to it and you are all set. Works great with Comcast and a host of others. Its been a problem with the base android mail client since the OG Droid. I switched two weeks ago to G-Mail for all my mail needs and never looked back (PS - off this same question even). Its awesome.

Rogus

May 1, 2012
Visit site

The newest version of G-Mail takes care of this. Just link your POP mail to it and you are all set. Works great with Comcast and a host of others. Its been a problem with the base android mail client since the OG Droid. I switched two weeks ago to G-Mail for all my mail needs and never looked back (PS - off this same question even). Its awesome.

Not everybody wants to link their different email into Gmail. The Droid RAZR Maxx which I used until getting the DT had a "Select All" choice in the stock email app.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site

Not everybody wants to link their different email into Gmail. The Droid RAZR Maxx which I used until getting the DT had a "Select All" choice in the stock email app.

No, he means that the new Gmail app now can allow you to have a separate, non-GMail IMAP or POP3 account. You can switch between GMail and all of your other accounts within the same app. However, the Gmail app still does not have a select all control, so I suggest trying out the K9 mail app, which I believe does (I haven't used the app in a long time). It's free, so you can try it out and then uninstall it if it doesn't work for you.

K9 Mail : https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...re/apps/details?id=com.fsck.k9&token=ayWGndPi

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site

I gave up on the inability of the stock Android email app to delete multiple messages and, the annoyance of downloading any mail with a copy left on the server over & over again. Definitely a couple of steps backward from the original app.

GMail's new features are nice but I prefer to keep my POP3 accounts separate so, been looking at alternative apps. After a couple of fails, I discovered Blue Mail - suits my needs well so if you're looking for an alternative as well, it's worth a look. Can select multiples for deletions in any folder, set up 3 POP3 Comcast accounts completely automatically (a first) and has ample customizable features including, color coding industry account. Nicely done and developers quickly responded to an email with specific questions before I actually installed it.

Last edited:

Rogus

May 1, 2012
Visit site

I discovered Blue Mail - suits my needs well so if you're looking for an alternative as well, it's worth a look. Can select multiples for deletions in any folder, set up 3 POP3 Comcast accounts completely automatically (a first) and has ample customizable features including, color coding industry account. Nicely done and developers quickly responded to an email with specific questions before I actually installed it.

Are you able to add the Blue Mail widget to the dock? I can't on my Turbo.

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site

Are you able to add the Blue Mail widget to the dock? I can't on my Turbo.
I don't use it but I checked & it didn't stick in the dock. I didn't try other widgets in the dock, maybe none stick. Why not just put the shortcut there?

Rogus

May 1, 2012
Visit site

I don't use it but I checked & it didn't stick in the dock. I didn't try other widgets in the dock, maybe none stick. Why not just put the shortcut there?

Turns out widgets can't be added to the dock. The issue with the app icon/shortcut for Blue Mail is that it doesn't show the count of unread emails which is something I would prefer it could do. Always trade-offs aren't there?

bfranker

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

Turns out widgets can't be added to the dock. The issue with the app icon/shortcut for Blue Mail is that it doesn't show the count of unread emails which is something I would prefer it could do. Always trade-offs aren't there?

The new update to Blue Mail actually has a widget that looks like an icon which shows the number of emails. I need to look more into it to see if it is a bug but mine shows the number of total emails rather than the number of unread emails which seems stupid... most all people keep email in their accounts and seeing the number of unread seems much more useful. Since it sounds like the developers are receptive, maybe they'll fix it or change it to where it will show unread emails instead of total emails.

Rogus

May 1, 2012
Visit site

The new update to Blue Mail actually has a widget that looks like an icon which shows the number of emails. I need to look more into it to see if it is a bug but mine shows the number of total emails rather than the number of unread emails which seems stupid.

The widget on mine shows the unread emails. Weird that yours shows total emails.

bfranker

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

The widget on mine shows the unread emails. Weird that yours shows total emails.

That's good to know, thanks for that info! I haven't rebooted my phone since downloading the update. I'll do that and see if anything changes.

tors68

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
I finally figured out a way to delete multiple emails from deleted items/trash.... albeit not specifically from the Droid Turbo. If you sync your Turbo email with MS Exchange - you need to make sure that you check that you want to sync the MS Outlook deleted items folder with your trash folder on the phone. Then, when you empty the trash/deleted items in MS Outlook, the Trash folder on the phone is emptied. I know this is not the same as being able to check multiple emails on the phone and then delete all, but it beats deleting them one at a time from the phone's trash folder.

Greg Raznor

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Same here, this really stinks! Latest and greatest????
Left my phone at the cabin, when I went back for it later I had 256 messages!
Deleted them ONE by ONE without reading them. Guess what, they went to my Unread folder,
had to delete them all again ONE by ONE, THEN they wend to my Trash folder, you guessed it, ONE by ONE AGAIN. I don't have time for this, time to switch phones and carrier!

Sean Cogan

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Deleted them ONE by ONE without reading them. Guess what, they went to my Unread folder,
had to delete them all again ONE by ONE, THEN they wend to my Trash folder, you guessed it, ONE by ONE AGAIN. I don't have time for this, time to switch phones and carrier!
Try 'Type' (Blue Mail). Might be an easier solution than switching phones and carrier.

Bitterman

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site

You don't have to change phones and carriers simply because the stock email app sucks. As mentioned before, try K9 mail. I put it on my wife's last two phones. Personally I've been using Maildroid Pro for years and find it to be one of the better email apps...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Yes, change your phone and carrier. That's the obvious solution, and a stellar first post in the forum. I would normally suggest trying one of the well considered alternatives mentioned above your post, but it's obvious your mind is made up, so I won't try to dissuade you from your decision.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX