For those who have the "ballistic nylon" model: any signs of damage to the back?
    11-19-2014 06:22 AM
    No damage yet for me, but I've only had the phone for a week.
    geraldo5002 likes this.
    11-19-2014 06:30 AM
    Some very minor fraying, been that way since I took it out of the box. Fraying has not spread back past any over woven portions (so no fray is spreading).

Have it on sides and near camera.

I have to hold the phone flat and look at it with a white background to really see any of it, but it does catch the lint in my pockets a lot, lol.

Posted via the Android Central App on my Droid Turbo.

EDIT: Here is a picture of the first one on the day Igot the phone:

Ballistic nylon resistence-zewrywr.jpg
    geraldo5002 likes this.
    11-19-2014 08:30 AM
    had it on release day and have been using it with out a case, no damage here.
    11-19-2014 08:30 AM
    First, this topic has been discussed, ad nauseam, in other posts in the forum. I'd suggest searching. But, to sum those up, some people have slight fraying at some cut edges of the BN (which seems to be normal), including my phone. However, BN is resilient and the fraying should not get worse. If the errant fibers bug you, you can heat the tip of a pin and carefully try to melt down the fibers, but not worth the hassle or possible risk IMO.

That said, my phone is naked and I have no damage whatsoever after 17 days of ownership. Unless you take a knife to the back of your phone, or drag it over sandpaper repeatedly, it should hold up pretty well.
    NoahForeman and geraldo5002 like this.
    11-19-2014 08:41 AM
    First, this topic has been discussed, ad nauseam, in other posts in the forum. I'd suggest searching. But, to sum those up, some people have slight fraying at some cut edges of the BN (which seems to be normal), including my phone. However, BN is resilient and the fraying should not get worse. If the errant fibers bug you, you can heat the tip of a pin and carefully try to melt down the fibers, but not worth the hassle or possible risk IMO.

That said, my phone is naked and I have no damage whatsoever after 17 days of ownership. Unless you take a knife to the back of your phone, or drag it over sandpaper repeatedly, it should hold up pretty well.
    Also, if it does bother you, contact Motorola. They put a note on my account so that if it does worsen over time I have documentation stating that it was not abuse on my part causing the fraying. So we'll see how it looks in a year. I'm betting the same way it looks now
    geraldo5002 likes this.
    11-19-2014 08:46 AM
    Sorry MA2GA28. I'm not a native english speaker and didn't even know the word "fraying"... so I could d not search for it. But thanks for the info!
    11-19-2014 11:09 AM

+1000
    11-22-2014 12:32 AM
    Mine is fine after over 2 weeks of no protection going in/out pockets, etc
    11-22-2014 07:41 AM
    It's gonna fray eventually and get full of hand cheese and stuff...it's fabric and by that virtue alone it's going to wear. I think some common sense needs to be applied here and if these factors are an issue to you then get the kevlar.
    11-22-2014 08:03 AM
    Mine is fine after over 2 weeks of no protection going in/out pockets, etc
    Same here no issues. What I thought was fraying was a piece of lint a week ago
    11-22-2014 08:31 AM
    It's gonna fray eventually and get full of hand cheese and stuff...it's fabric and by that virtue alone it's going to wear. I think some common sense needs to be applied here and if these factors are an issue to you then get the kevlar.
    A good thing to compare to is luggage. That is also made of BN, I've got a set of bags that have been thrown around and generally abused, and they still look fine. As far as "hand cheese", a toothbrush and a moist wipe should take care of it.
    11-22-2014 03:48 PM
    I noted in the store on the display phone there was easily noticeable scuffing on the nylon material. To the point where I was able to pull some of the fibers up and fray them more. I didnt even try that hard, gently pulled it b/c I was curious as was the random customer next to me.We were baffled how easily it got frayed.

Again, I dont know what someone originally did to mar the surface but it was noticible. Im hoping someone really tried hard to mess it up. I dont use cases so thats a potential prob for me...
    11-22-2014 04:38 PM