Using Turbo charger on a Bluetooth headset?

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I know that only a qualified device will 'turbo charge'. I also know that using a more powerful charger, like using a tablet charger on a phone, may charge the phone quicker but also cause needless heat and wear on the battery. So I was wondering what adverse affect might come from using the Turbo charger on my Bluetooth headset?

graygr

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
In the default charge mode, the Turbo charger is limited to 5V at 1.6 A. I now have some 7 different chargers. I don't think any of the are the original that came with my Jawbone Era. The lowest output one is rated at 750mA and the highest at 2.0 A. Have used them all....even the Turbo charger....no problems.

Posted via the Android Central App

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I thought that my BT chargers are .5 MA, I could be wrong.

Bitterman

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Using a "more powerful" charger, i.e., capable of putting out more current (amps), won't hurt anything. Devices pull "from" the charger, the charger doesn't push electricity down the devices throat. The device will only draw what it needs. As long as the voltage matches and the current rating on the charger is equal to or greater than what the device requires you will be fine.

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
On one hand I understand this ^, On the other hand I thought I noticed that my last phone charged faster when using my tablet charger. hence more battery degradation. shrug

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Using a "more powerful" charger, i.e., capable of putting out more current (amps), won't hurt anything. Devices pull "from" the charger, the charger doesn't push electricity down the devices throat. The device will only draw what it needs. As long as the voltage matches and the current rating on the charger is equal to or greater than what the device requires you will be fine.

This. I use my Note 4 "quick charger" for my BT headset. No issues so far :).

graygr

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I have 2 Ellipsis 7 tablets from VZW. They came with 2A chargers. One of them works fine with a 1.5 A charger (or even smaller) however the other one drops in/out of charge cycle unless I use the 2 A charger. Can't explain this one. Both reach full charge and work fine otherwise.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci