11-24-2014 02:57 PM
33 12
tools
    Are you effin' kidding me? I can wait for Lollipoop (yes, that's what I meant to type), But I am am so tired of not being able to send/receive a text or pic while on a call. - Yes, I knew that going in but it doesn't mean I'm happy about it.

Verizon Moto X (2nd Generation) Will Allegedly Recieve VoLTE and Lollipop In One Major Update | Androidheadlines.com
    11-22-2014 08:54 PM
    It can text while on a call. All verizon phones have done that since the razr. The original flip razr, not the droid razr.

It's data it can't do while on a call. Text goes via cellular, not data.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-22-2014 09:15 PM
    It can text while on a call. All verizon phones have done that since the razr. The original flip razr, not the droid razr.

It's data it can't do while on a call. Text goes via cellular, not data. It's coming to the turbo, just hasn't been announced when.

11-22-2014 09:15 PM

It's data it can't do while on a call. Text goes via cellular, not data.

Really? Is it a handcent problem? When I'm I a call I get a message that says "mobile data is unavailable while on this call"

11-22-2014 09:37 PM
    Really? Is it a handcent problem? When I'm I a call I get a message that says "mobile data is unavailable while on this call"

You CAN get SMS currently when on a call. Until VoLTE I believe you CANNOT get MMS.

11-22-2014 09:45 PM
    You CAN get SMS currently when on a call. Until VoLTE I believe you CANNOT get MMS.

Then it's just me. Because every time someone tries to send me a text I get some data error message. And I just made a phone call and tried opening up handcent and it wouldn't even let me open it to try to send a message

11-22-2014 09:59 PM
    Then it's just me. Because every time someone tries to send me a text I get some data error message. And I just made a phone call and tried opening up handcent and it wouldn't even let me open it to try to send a message

I'm using the Verizon messages (god I hate to promote Verizon bloat) that came default. Maybe give that a try, and if it does work and you still want to use handcent mess around with the settings?

11-22-2014 10:03 PM
    Are you sure you haven't considered Handcent to send using their network over data?

Try a different app, see if it works (I dropped Handcent recently for Evolve -- much better app).

Also, why does your title say its not coming to the turbo? That article doesn't even imply that. Or do you just mean "not coming to the turbo FIRST"?
    11-22-2014 10:52 PM
    I can wait for Lollipoop (yes, that's what I meant to type)
    Lollipoop - love it! Too funny!

11-22-2014 11:16 PM
    Hopefully if there's any issues they will then find out with the X, before it hits us.
    11-22-2014 11:39 PM
    AAlso, why does your title say its not coming to the turbo? That article doesn't even imply that. Or do you just mean "not coming to the turbo FIRST"?
    Yeah, that's what I meant. I was hoping for a universal Verizon roll out
    11-23-2014 12:43 AM
    Yup. Tried the stock messaging app. I still get the message that I am unable to use mobile data when trying to send a text while on a phone call.

11-23-2014 12:52 AM
    Yeah, that's what I meant. I was hoping for a universal Verizon roll out
    Verizon has been rolling out phone by phone and I suspect will continue to do so, mostly because it makes it easier for their support staff when the calls inevitably roll in, and in order to manage it with more control. The Moto X has been without voice/data for a lot longer now.

It is bizarre, though, that they shipped the phone without it. It's their brand phone - you'd think that they would push it out with the launch. Especially when the iPhone 6 came with the feature several weeks earlier...
    11-23-2014 08:43 AM
    Check the reviews for the Turbo on the Verizon website. VoLTE is coming at the end of the year.
    11-23-2014 09:01 AM
    Check the reviews for the Turbo on the Verizon website. VoLTE is coming at the end of the year.
    Well, they better get their butts in gear then. I hope by the end of the year they mean 2014!
    11-23-2014 11:12 AM
    Are you effin' kidding me? I can wait for Lollipoop (yes, that's what I meant to type), But I am am so tired of not being able to send/receive a text or pic while on a call. - Yes, I knew that going in but it doesn't mean I'm happy about it.

Verizon Moto X (2nd Generation) Will Allegedly Recieve VoLTE and Lollipop In One Major Update | Androidheadlines.com
    So you knew like the rest of us that VoLTE was coming within 90 days of release yet you complain. Maybe you should have waited . If you really want VoLTE buy my slightly used S5 it has VoLTE already .
    BlueBlazer60 likes this.
    11-23-2014 01:02 PM
    Which devices currently have VOLTE?
    11-23-2014 02:48 PM
    Which devices currently have VOLTE?
    IPhone 6 and 6+, GS5, Note 4 and I believe the LG G3

mobrules likes this.
    11-23-2014 02:52 PM
    So you knew like the rest of us that VoLTE was coming within 90 days of release yet you complain. Maybe you should have waited . If you really want VoLTE buy my slightly used S5 it has VoLTE already .
    Is there a setting or an option to turn off the VOLTE if someone chooses? Specifically on the S5. Just curious. Thanks.
    11-23-2014 03:00 PM
    Is there a setting or an option to turn off the VOLTE if someone chooses? Specifically on the S5. Just curious. Thanks.
    Turn Advancing Calling off. In fact it is Verizon's solution for having too many dropped calls when using VoLTE.
    mobrules likes this.
    11-23-2014 03:03 PM
    My post included " Yes, I knew that going in but it doesn't mean I'm happy about it." And I'll bet you, or any Turbo owners, the cost of a full price Turbo thatthe Turbo doesn't have it within 90 days of the Turbo release
    11-23-2014 03:05 PM
    Agree Hal1. We'll never have it by end of year as promised. They do realize the end of the year is only about 5 weeks away?
    11-23-2014 05:16 PM
    IPhone 6 and 6+, GS5, Note 4 and I believe the LG G3

The 2013 Droids have volte now as well.
    maverick96 and mobrules like this.
    11-23-2014 06:05 PM
    It's In settings MORE NETWORKS / MOBILE NETWORKS / VOLTE CALL uncheck it to turn it off .
    mobrules likes this.
    11-23-2014 06:30 PM
    My post included " Yes, I knew that going in but it doesn't mean I'm happy about it." And I'll bet you, or any Turbo owners, the cost of a full price Turbo thatthe Turbo doesn't have it within 90 days of the Turbo release
    Yup the rest of us noticed that . You've made 2 posts about the same thing . Verizon said it would be remedied within 90 days . Complaining will not get them to update the phone any quicker .Ultimately you shouldn't have bought the phone if it's such a deal breaker for you or you should return it . If it's to late to return it try and sell it .
    molgen, Eclipse2K and areyes163 like this.
    11-23-2014 06:38 PM
33 12