$100 Trade In Still Available with Verizon?

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I have a similar question. I want to trade in on line since they are charging 100 more for 64gb in the store, and 50 more online

UPDATE

Ordered on-line, no $100 rebate on order.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm not seeing the $100 trade in credit on the Verizon website anymore. This is not to say it's still available, it's just not front and center like it used to be.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
does anyone know what is the cheapest smartphone eligible? Thinking about ordering something off ebay and netting the difference. Also does a iphone 3gs qualify?

You can trade in ANY working smartphone, including an iPhone 3gs, if your contract with Verizon is expiring, and get the $100 credit. You can do a new 2 year contract or do the Edge program.

If your contract is not expiring you can get onto the Edge program but you must trade in your currently activated phone, and you won't get the $100 credit.

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm not seeing the $100 trade in credit on the Verizon website anymore. This is not to say it's still available, it's just not front and center like it used to be.

Is there some place where you have to go to find the form? As I posted there was nothing on the order conformation form or subsequent email.

Panzer_GSD

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
I just got my Droid Turbo 64 on 12/03. When I was having issues with my Rarz HD, I was allowed to upgrade 5 weeks early. Nothing was said about trading it in for $100. This morning I get an email with that offer. The value came up as $30 but they would give some promotional value of $70 to add up to $100. My old phone still turns on and off, looks like new, etc. Just had trouble with some programs running the battery down. SO, I might go for it! (CS didn't want to hassle with a factory reset to see if that would be a fix, so they sold me a new phone)

fonger13

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Is there some place where you have to go to find the form? As I posted there was nothing on the order conformation form or subsequent email.

http://www.verizon.com/smartphones/motorola/

There should be an ad banner for the trade in above the list of phones click on it and you'll get the full details

Edit, my bad the reply was meant for the poster who said he could not find the ad.
As for form, no they do not give you a form, sometime after making the purchase(could be days could be a month) they will email you a special code with a link to their trade in page. If you do not want to wait, you can bring your phone into the corporate store and tell them you bought a Turbo and is there to do the trade in for $100.

Last edited:

cbironman24

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
I got my turbo about two weeks ago and figured I wasn't eligible for the trade in because I paid full retail price to keep my unlimited data. But today I got an email with a code and instructions on how to trade in an old smart phone. :) so I'll be sending back an old Casio Commando for 100 bucks!

fonger13

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I got my turbo about two weeks ago and figured I wasn't eligible for the trade in because I paid full retail price to keep my unlimited data. But today I got an email with a code and instructions on how to trade in an old smart phone. :) so I'll be sending back an old Casio Commando for 100 bucks!

I guess they mass email it out today, I also got an email and I had bought the phone 5 weeks ago.

cactusleon

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
going to buy the turbo tomorrow in store, my main question is since all ive been hearing is they give you a code or email you, is can i go into the store, trade in my old phone and get the discount then and there on the purchase of my turbo?

Bitterman

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
going to buy the turbo tomorrow in store, my main question is since all ive been hearing is they give you a code or email you, is can i go into the store, trade in my old phone and get the discount then and there on the purchase of my turbo?

My renewal is December 17th and I have my wife's old as Incredible to trade in. I'm hoping they will take the $100 right off the cost of the phone in store too.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

tmcmack

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site

Probably not. When I was looking at phones, I went to the store, decided on the Turbo, and asked for the trade-in, but they wouldn't give it to me in the store. The store said that it was an online-only deal. So I went online, and it would not let me pick up the phone in a store; they would only mail it to me. Kind of a bummer.

I filled out the form on the VZW site and am still waiting for the mailed packet to return the phone, a week later. I hope they're actually sending it.

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
This is confusing. I got a text this morning saying "Thank you for your recent Motorola purchase. Now you can trade in your old smartphone in good, working condition and receive a minimum $100 Verizon Wireless Gift Card. Limited time offer. Visit www.trade-in.vzw.com and enter the promo code ... REPLY X TO OPT OUT."

When I go to the site enter the phone and promo code it gives me $10 for the phone and $13 for the promo. I tried several phones and the most it gave me was $20 for the phone and $15 for the promo. Is this what others are seeing?

==================================

Update. I tried one more time and it gave me a larger promo amount that brought the total to $100. Now I am waiting for the shipping envelop to arrive. So it looks like the program is still alive and works!

Last edited:

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

I just got my Turbo at the store on Wednesday night. They will give you the credit in the store, no codes or anything. They will try to talk you into "spending" it on accessories. I opted not to get any accessories and told them to apply the credit on my bill. I got a receipt showing my trade-in value of $100. I should see the $100 credit on my next bill.

Edited to add: Must be a corporate store, not an "authorized affiliate".

In typical Verizon fashion, they might tell you differently. Frustrating because people hear different stories from different Verizon reps. Stick to your guns. You want the credit given to you in-store. They can do it. Don't let them tell you to wait for a code in an email.

TheMiz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I was at the company store last Saturday and was told the $100 off was limited to the Turbo only and the promotion ends on Dec 1st.

sparko24

May 8, 2013
Visit site

fonger13

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I was at the company store last Saturday and was told the $100 off was limited to the Turbo only and the promotion ends on Dec 1st.

It's really amazing how mis-informed Verizon store employees are. You would think that they have a web portal where they list out the promo that's running, at minimum list the promotions that are nationwide. Instead of putting the onus on the customer to provide proof to their employees of such promotion.

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
It's really amazing how mis-informed Verizon store employees are. You would think that they have a web portal where they list out the promo that's running, at minimum list the promotions that are nationwide. Instead of putting the onus on the customer to provide proof to their employees of such promotion.

They are probably on commission and wanted to close the potential buyer. Just like buying a used car.

VooDooCC

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Ordered the Turbo Saturday night, got the text with trade in code yesterday (Thursday) morning, about an hour before the phone was delivered. Went to the Verizon store today and traded in my G'Nex, no questions, no hassle. Didn't even ask for the code, I'm assuming it was listed in account notes somewhere.

This was the same store, but different rep, that told me Saturday it had to be the phone that was active on the line when I ordered the Turbo. I told him I'm not edging up, and he tried claiming it didn't matter.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer