$100 Trade In Still Available with Verizon?

cactusleon

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
went yesterday to a corporate store, picked up the phone, traded in an old htc incredible, got 100$ off the phone right there, waved the $30 activation fee, no hassle, no questions asked, everything went as smooth as can be, altho in my area, the first store i went to had none in stock, told me the only store that did was quite a while away, after calling around, one store told me they had alot, but i happen to get the last one when i was there

Westiemom

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Just posted on another thread that we did this... Then saw this thread. Yes, this promo is still alive and well. My husband and I just got Turbos this week and we're getting the $100 for our old phones. Since we billed the 2 Turbos to the account (they were $99 ea. Employee editions) this will pay for our new phones. I know Verizon is really pushing the Turbo... It's a big 'ole phone, but a spec beast. Think we'll enjoy them.

Bitterman

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Not to derail this thread but have you noticed that big red is doing this same deal for the S5 & Note 4 now??

How to Claim Your $100 Verizon Gift Card
1. Buy a new Samsung Galaxy S® 5 or Samsung Galaxy Note® 4 with a
2 year activation or Verizon Edge agreement.
2. Activate your new Samsung smartphone. Within 5 days, you’ll receive a promotion code with trade-in redemption details via email or text message.
3. Click on the link in your message and follow the on-screen steps. Enter your promotion code to claim your extra trade-in value. Once Verizon receives your old smartphone (must be in good, working condition), you will receive a Verizon gift card by email.

Last edited:

VooDooCC

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I saw the signage for the note 4 trade in and was so afraid they were going to give me problems getting our trade in offer.

TheMiz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
When did this start? I went to the company store last Saturday for the note 4 and that said it was only on the Turbo and they had to check with the manager to get those details, I ended up getting now $100 code only the note 4

Bitterman

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
When did this start? I went to the company store last Saturday for the note 4 and that said it was only on the Turbo and they had to check with the manager to get those details, I ended up getting now $100 code only the note 4

I noticed it yesterday or the day before on the verizonwireless.com website. It's one of the rotating banner ads at the top of the page:

Spread The Holiday Cheer $100 VZW GIFT CARD

When you trade-in your smartphone for the Samsung Galaxy S® 5 or Note® 4.

Free Overnight Shipping!

New 2 yr. activation or Edge agreement req’d. Trade-in smartphone must be in good working condition.
Shop Samsung

Bitterman

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Has anybody picked up a new DT with this deal in the last couple of days? I will be eligible on Wednesday the 17th. I know the deal is through the end of the year but I also know how clueless some CSR's can be. I plan on going to my local corporate store. Hopefully I won't have to hold their hand through the entire process, but I'm prepared for that! lol

HappyFunBall24

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
You're good, it's writ in stone on their website. Having said that, yes you may have to walk a rep through it, but they should know. Have the website pulled up, or a print out, just in case.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Is that available only to those who pay the full price for the phone? I was eligible to upgrade a week before my contract end date, so I purchased the phone on the 9th. However, I went with the Edge Plan.

You are eligible with the Edge plan.

paulmike3

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Anybody that submitted it with a code actually get the return envelope yet? My submission date is 12/4 and I still have not received the return envelope. My device has to be in their hands and approved within 30 days of my submission date and so far they've used 9 of those days. I emailed them a few days ago via the "contact us" link in my confirmation email, but haven't heard back. Been on hold waiting to talk to someone for a half hour now. Verizon blows. :(

Edit: Finally talked to someone at VZW. He said they've been backlogged on sending out the shipping materials, and they're averaging 3 weeks for customers to receive them. I said, so that leaves me 9 days to package it up (over the holidays no less) and get it to you and have it inspected and confirmed. He said yes, I will receive the packaging materials before 30 days is up and they'll honor the promotional offer if they receive it after 30 days (assuming it inspects fine) since it's their delay.

Not gonna lie, I don't trust VZW as far as I can throw my Droid Turbo, but we shall see. :\

Last edited:

HappyFunBall24

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
^^ Sorry to hear about the delay. Just as a heads-up, word is for online orders that you can go into VZW stores sometimes and do the trade-in right there, if you have a store nearby and want to bypass the wait. Supposedly this is up to the store's discretion and some may refuse and say that you have to do it via online/mail-in. Always good to call in beforehand to check.

Bitterman

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I have been checking the VZW website to make sure my local store has the DT in stock. They always had the red, black, and BN. Of course I just check again and with 4 days to go before I can get the phone they are out of stock on the black and the BN (the one I was going to get). Go figure. I hope they restock quickly!!

ckelly33

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I bought mine outright to keep unlimited data. I chatted w/ a VZW rep yesterday and she said that I could do the $100 rebate trade thing and confirmed that I had bought it outright and didn't want anything to affect my data. (Printed it out....just in case!)

Mugenized

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
I bought mine outright to keep unlimited data. I chatted w/ a VZW rep yesterday and she said that I could do the $100 rebate trade thing and confirmed that I had bought it outright and didn't want anything to affect my data. (Printed it out....just in case!)

How would you go about doing this, sending the phone to VZ or bringing it to a store? Please keep us posted as I want to do the same (buy outright to keep my unlimited data plan).

ckelly33

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Vzw text me a code. I went to the website, filled out the forms and put in the code. They will ship a padded envelope for it

Bitterman

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I went to my local corporate store at lunch today. Got the 64GB BN Turbo (they only had the BN is 64 in stock at the moment). Traded in my wifes old Droid Incredible for a gift certificate which they applied right to my purchase. The rep said that phone would have gotten $5 on a normal trade in, lol. They tried to push a bunch of accessories on me as usual but I said no thanks, just activate the phone. Did the software update and am getting everything set up the way I like. So far I'm loving it. :)

charklos

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
I wanna say that the $100 trade in promo goes thru the end of the month. If you're on the More Everything plan with 10gb or higher, I suggest buying the phone on EDGE, it comes out much cheaper and you still get the 100 bucks trade in.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freyon77