I traded in my Galaxy S4 for a Turbo on the early Edge upgrade, and with the $25 monthly credit the phone was essentially free. I was deciding between the Turbo and the Nexus 6 (which is still not out on Verizon), but once I was heard about the size of the phone being bigger than both the Note 4 and the iPhone 6+, I thought no way I could get used to a phone that size.

Well last night I stopped into an AT&T store to check out the Nexus 6. Confirmed that the phone is too big for my liking. But what surprised me most was that the screen did not look nearly as good as the Turbo. I know it is a QHD just like the Turbo, but given the size of the screen the lower PPI was actually noticeable to my eye. Anyone else notice this as well, the Turbo screen looking better than the Nexus 6?

Still getting used to the aesthetics of the Turbo. I'm really starting to like the BN back, but the chin and capacitive buttons are not my favorite.

The ideal phone would have been a Moto X 2014 style and size, which is basically a smaller Nexus 6, all the specs of the Turbo especially the battery and the BN back, with the Nexus 6 camera.

Oh well, I still feel like the Turbo is the best Android phone avail.
    11-25-2014 09:50 PM
    I just sold my Midnight Blue 32gb Nexus 6 and went back to my Droid Turbo. Love the Turbo. It fits my needs and has the battery life to power me through my work day into the night.

The screen was gorgeous on the Nexus 6 but the Turbo screen has more resolution and is tack sharp.

Posted via the Android Central App
    maverick96 likes this.
    11-25-2014 10:59 PM
    I love the capacitive buttons and the overall shape. However I am not crazy about the Ballistic Nylon. I think it looks pretty cool, but it feels kind of weird.

11-27-2014 06:29 PM
    It's interesting how polarizing the Black Nylon surface is. Personally, I love both the look and feel of it, and although I would have gotten it solely due to the 64GB-only option anyway, I still prefer it over the metallic glass variants of the Turbo. Frankly, I don't know what they made two different styles, and I feel for you guys that preferred the metallic glass and got shat on with the 32GB-only choice for storage.
    11-29-2014 08:03 AM
    The feel of the BN is growing on me. I ordered online, so I have yet to see the MGF in person. I will check them out next time I am in Best Buy.

However I would have chose the BN for 64GB anyhow

11-30-2014 05:35 PM
    The feel of the BN is growing on me. I ordered online, so I have yet to see the MGF in person. I will check them out next time I am in Best Buy.

However I would have chose the BN for 64GB anyhow

I'd be interested in hearing your opinion of the metallic glass in person. When I went to the store, I knew I was getting the BN just due to the 64GB option, but I checked out the others anyway. My gut was telling me I was going to pick one up and say to myself "D@mn, I wish they had these in 64GB". But in fact, I didn't really care for the feel of the metallic glass, so it was a win-win for me, personally.
    11-30-2014 08:06 PM