I'm seeing that Verizon is offering:

$100 off any new Android smartphone (Black Friday only)

$99 for new Droid Turbo on 2 year contract (all weekend)

So, I wonder if I go in there on Black Friday and get a Turbo if they will give me the $100 off the purchase and also the $100 credit for trading in a smartphone?

Hmmm...
    11-25-2014 09:23 PM
    I see where your going here.......Makes ya think. Did you see an ad?
    11-25-2014 09:50 PM
    I knew I should have waited the extra month. Could have saved over a hundred bucks.

Wonder if MasterCard's price match guarantee will do it...

In regards to your question, I don't see why not. The trade in goes towards your bill statement, not the purchase price, so there shouldn't be an issue with that. You'll just have to pay for the phone there.
    11-25-2014 10:16 PM
    I see where your going here.......Makes ya think. Did you see an ad?
    Saw it on Droid Life.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    mobrules likes this.
    11-25-2014 11:27 PM
    Saw it on Droid Life.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Will this work on a new edge purchase?

If not, any reason to do this deal and sign a two month contract at $99 vs edge. I think the loss of the $25 service discount on edge negates this deal.

Question. My wife is moving to Verizon from t-mobile this weekend. I have a more everything plan 10gb and turbo on edge . Got $100 for my original nexus.

She will get the $150 port credit and $100 to trade in phone. Would it be worth it to do the $99 two yr contract or two year edge for the $25 discount?
    11-26-2014 12:59 AM
    Will this work on a new edge purchase?

If not, any reason to do this deal and sign a two month contract at $99 vs edge. I think the loss of the $25 service discount on edge negates this deal.

Question. My wife is moving to Verizon from t-mobile this weekend. I have a more everything plan 10gb and turbo on edge . Got $100 for my original nexus.

She will get the $150 port credit and $100 to trade in phone. Would it be worth it to do the $99 two yr contract or two year edge for the $25 discount?
    If you get the $25 credit each month for the More Everything Plan (10gb or higher) then you essentially get the device for free other than paying for the sales tax. Yes, you are billed $24.99 a month but the $25 credit wipes it out. No upgrade fee with the Turbo on the 2 year contract plan and of course you never pay that on Edge. Just remember the port credit will take a few billing cycles to show up and do the trade in at the store and they can apply it right to your bill.
    11-26-2014 07:00 AM
    Any idea if the $100 off any Android phone applies to off contract purchases?
    11-26-2014 09:04 AM
    Not sure, possibly. Article states: $100 off all new Android smartphones

http://www.droid-life.com/2014/11/24...ay-deals-2014/
    11-26-2014 09:26 AM
    I was told about this deal by a store associate on Monday so take this for what its worth. He said that this will only apply to on contract purchases.
    11-26-2014 09:28 AM
    I was told about this deal by a store associate on Monday so take this for what its worth. He said that this will only apply to on contract purchases.
    I kinda figured it would be based on how they usually run their promotions. I'll just give them a call on Friday to double check.
    11-26-2014 09:49 AM
    I kinda figured it would be based on how they usually run their promotions. I'll just give them a call on Friday to double check.
    The Verge site says $100 off all Android smartphones with contract

There goes my double-dipping idea, but I will obviously inquire about it.

The best Black Friday 2014 deals at Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, and T-Mobile | The Verge
    11-26-2014 10:09 AM
    Just got back from the Verizon store and once again, they gave me conflicting information so I went online and chatted with a Verizon sales rep. She gave me the "official scoop" on all my questions. I asked her if there was any place on the Verizon website where the terms of the offer she gave me was spelled out. She said no, but she could put notes in my customer account file so when I go to the Verizon store the store personnel can access my account and see those notes. Basically:

I can get on Edge today using my Maxx HD as a trade in and get the $100 credit. If I want to trade in my Droid 2 Global for the $100 credit and keep my Maxx HD, I have to wait until my contract expiration date, which is Dec.1st.

Here's where it gets interesting.

On Black Friday (and all weekend long) Verizon is selling the 32GB Droid Turbo for $99. If I renew my 2 year contract I can trade in either my D2G or my Maxx HD for the $100 credit. In effect, Verizon is giving me a new Droid Turbo plus throwing in $1.00 to renew my contract. I can do this for all four lines that my family has. I'm strongly considering this. So, yes, you can stack the Black Friday special price of $99 on the Turbo and the $100 trade in credit for an old smartphone BUT ONLY if you renew your contract, you can't do it on Edge.

Besides having the sales rep put these notes in my account file, I printed out the entire chat and will bring that to the store. There is an option to have the entire chat emailed, and I clicked on it, but for some reason I never received it. I also have a screen grab of the relevant info. (Below. Click to enlarge.)

Verizon Black Friday Deals-verizon-chat.jpg
    11-26-2014 04:24 PM
    Well...., huh. Wish I would have know about this last Saturday.
    11-26-2014 11:02 PM
    I can get on Edge today using my Maxx HD as a trade in and get the $100 credit. If I want to trade in my Droid 2 Global for the $100 credit and keep my Maxx HD, I have to wait until my contract expiration date, which is Dec.1st.
    You should be able to trade in your Droid 2 now. If they are giving you a hard time, swap out the droid 2 and make it the active phone on your line and then they will definitely take it without waiting.
    11-27-2014 08:24 AM
    My Dad just got his yesterday, would it be possible for him to take it back and get a different one to get it for $99? Or possibly some other way, he did a two-year upgrade and signed on for a contract.
    11-27-2014 09:27 AM
    Just go back and ask for the discount since you just got it, they should honor it. No need to return the phone and buy another one.

sent turbo fast
    11-27-2014 12:00 PM
    I'm going to see what they can swing on an off contract purchase.
    dmark44 likes this.
    11-27-2014 05:39 PM
    Just go back and ask for the discount since you just got it, they should honor it. No need to return the phone and buy another one.

sent turbo fast
    Okay, probably gonna try that in the morning.
    11-27-2014 10:23 PM
    Went into the store, rep called up his manager and we got $100 rebate forum to mail in, no $35 re-stocking charge, no need to switch phones and get a different one. Can't believe this thing is practically free after all the rebates and waved fees!
    11-28-2014 02:45 PM
    I ordered the 64gb BN online today. $150 with contract renewal, but I was also charged a $30 upgrade fee. I called VZW and was told that it'll get credited within 2-3 billing cycles. I confirmed that I can still do the $100 trade-in, but that I need to wait a few days after I activate the phone to receive some sort of email confirmation. I can then either trade-in by mail or go into a store, and that they'll mail a $100 gift card - which btw can be applied towards a future bill.

Really good promotions for this phone, especially considering that it's only been out for a month!
    Kaiser Droid likes this.
    11-28-2014 07:53 PM
    I bought my 64gig on the 13th. I called yesterday and they did a price adjustment for the 150. Already did my trade in also. So 50 for the phone is a killer deal

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    11-29-2014 01:52 PM
    Just did a chat w/VZW today and they said the offer is for contract only phones.
    11-30-2014 11:43 AM
    Just did a chat w/VZW today and they said the offer is for contract only phones.
    Yeah, I confirmed this in-store yesterday. That deal along with the $100 trade-in was only for contract renewals.
    11-30-2014 06:53 PM
    Just went to Verizon this morning and walked out with a 64gb turbo for $61.09! Traded in a old iPhone 3g. The rep and her coworker reminessed over the days they worked at at&t lol. This phone is a beast! so glad I returned my LG G3 to best buy.
    11-30-2014 09:52 PM